• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moonlight Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This is a map which I made for the terrain duel against infamous oGre_ on the arena floor of XGM (his work is in neighbor thread http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/refuge-ruins-163309/). Not sure who wins yet, but hopes are high =)

Inspired by the Prince of Persia mostly, with some Night Elf influence.

One downside of the map is 25k props over 64*64 terrain... And hellowa lags.

Edit: You may now have a look at the map itself, it's up in the Hive's base -- http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/moonlight-temple-163312/

Edit: Changed to attachments for Keiji's sake.

Attachments

• HW_1.jpg
    HW_1.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 480
  • HW_2.jpg
    HW_2.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 325
  • HW_3.jpg
    HW_3.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 356
  • HW_4.jpg
    HW_4.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 348
  • HW_5.jpg
    HW_5.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 381
  • HW_6.jpg
    HW_6.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 708
  • HW_7.jpg
    HW_7.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 318
  • HW_8.jpg
    HW_8.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 272
  • HW_9.jpg
    HW_9.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 264
  • HW_10.jpg
    HW_10.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 433
  • HW_11.jpg
    HW_11.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 970
  • HW_12.jpg
    HW_12.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
Level 36
Love the waterfall in the second pic. But for fucks sake Lexandritte, start ATTACHING your pictures :p I'm damn tired of always being re-directed to imageshack with your shots.

Appart from the sexy waterfall, it looks good, you've done better though. Those rocks dont looks too good scaled at that size, seems rather stretched.

Level 5
gasp. wow.

the waterfall and pools are gorgeous. Some of the placement of the arches on the structure itself seems strange at times, but it's still VERY well done. I love it

Level 9
Love the waterfall in the second pic. But for fucks sake Lexandritte, start ATTACHING your pictures :p I'm damn tired of always being re-directed to imageshack with your shots.

Appart from the sexy waterfall, it looks good, you've done better though. Those rocks dont looks too good scaled at that size, seems rather stretched.

I was kicked hard a few times for attaching them at the XGM =\ We have the "use least as possible site space" policy.

Level 19
Damn, easy to see you put a lot of effort in it! I aswell love the waterfall. The structures you made are also lovely. For critisism, I'm not really sure what to say. I have an idea though. Maybe, to make more variation in the trees, you could use tinted deathwood trees as trunks, instead of world trees. But, whatever you prefer, really. Looks cool right now too! :p

Level 6
here's how you fix the lag. you unplug you're computer, take out your trusty 12 guage ...skip ahead to part where you buy supercomputer... just a thought, i have seen that level of detail on X-Box games, and I have seen X-Box games on the PC (original) and so i was just wondering... why does this level of detail lag warcraft?

Level 6
i get that, i was just wondering why warcraft is so allergic to doodads in this quantity, even ported X-Box games don't lag as much, wich confuses me. even with hellowa hellowa polygons (i can't imagine X-Box games having LESS polygons than warcraft models)

Level 10
its just how wc3 renders its just not streamlines and not efficient. they never built the engine to support masses of high poly and res stuff, but getting back to the map i really like it though it dose feel a bit cluster fucked at point and I'm not keen on those trees but other wise i really like it

Status
Not open for further replies.