• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Monster Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Monster Savior

By Callahan

Map description :

Monster Savior is a singleplayer RPG map with action rpg gameplay inspired by hack'n slash (like diablo 3).
Use many custom made assets made by me and exclusive to this map.
Download :

Monster Savior v1.00 Beta

Features :

• 17 Monstrous Heroes
  • +60 items with unique effect not just boring stats booster
  • Custom unique abilities for every heroes
  • Grow and improve your own Magical Garden
  • Anti Cheat system.Most Wc3 cheat cannot be used in this map and will trigger instant lose.

Screenshot :

Change Log :

- v1.00 First release beta version
Author Note : The map version is protected and cannot be opened in WE.

Attachments

• (1)Monster Savior v1.00(Protected).w3x
    33 MB · Views: 815
Last edited:
Level 9
Is it me or you can't fight the first act on the field easily? Like there's too much mobs and you don't even have any abilites.

Anyways, its a great map but it needs more polishing. Make it so that at least every heroes has one ability at the start.

EDIT: So been playing it for an hour now, and I get used the mechanic already. I love the concept of you can die multiple times to get experiences and items and stuffs. I wonder if you ever get the idea from an older custom campaign called Heroes of Genesia and I really love the hack'n Slash aspect.

Some suggestions though:

1) Necromancer Lord needs to be able to target the main enemy so his minions can focus on that enemy ( I really love his concept but its fustrating to fight boss when your minions just wandering around )

2) Maybe implemented an Easier mode for some people to play? I don't know if the standard difficulty is too hard or too easy, but I keep getting killed again and again.

That's all though. Love the weird, cartoonish type of terrain you put in here, but maybe you can polish them somehow (Jesus that World Tree model looks so off). The heroes are okay, and maybe more ranged heroes?

Will keep an eye for this project of yours. Cheers.

Last edited:
Level 12
neato map, i normally don't like games where you just slaughter trash mobs with hueg AoE skills, but messing around with some of the abilities in this game is pretty fun. Fencer's W ability is pretty stylish, and the damage potential of Riposte is quite fun. Non-humanoid heroes were p cool as well

i've only gotten to the second area so far, so i can't really provide any meaningful pieces of feedback tbh, although i do have some nitpicks:
- when you enter another area, camera behavior is a bit fucky and doesn't pan to the player's position
- you should probably clarify how the fever mechanic works somewhere. Not sure if that tree that provides hints explains the fever mechanic in detail, but even if it does, it's still a pretty obtuse way of presenting a mechanic that is pretty vital to the player. I know it's 50 kills to activate fever, but I only know that because of some random tooltip of a rare item
- speaking of fever, it should probably display the number of kills you have on the multiboard or something
- nhs325 already mentioned it but the time it takes to get your first skill is long as fuck lel. imo I think you should get your first ability by the time you complete that very first area (the one with the mud golem at the end)
- i've only tried like 3 heroes (fencer, centipede, inquisitor) but so far the design philosophy for the skills seems to be "AoE skill, bigger AoE skiller, and BIGGER AoE skill." I was kind of half expecting Inquisitor to have some sort of self-healing ability, because utility skills are always neato. At least Fencer has the interesting aspect of being able to deflect damage with his Riposte. Haven't tried a summoner type hero yet. Might be talking out of my ass here as I'm sure there's a lot of creative skillz that I haven't seen yet
- realistic segment movement for the centipede was a nice touch, but the first segment behind the head is jittery as fuck sometimes and it bothers me lmao, not gamebreaking in the slightest but i'm just autistic

ok i cant think of anything else, cool map though

Last edited:
Fever activate after getting 50 kills with less than 7 seconds between kills else it reset.It fully heal, grant movespeed, better camera and reset cooldown.I don't bother explaining too much ingame because player can discover and understand mechanic by himself like you did.
The lack of healing during fight is on purpose.I wanted more of an endurance challenge rather than a sustain vs damage race.
Utility abilities is indeed lacking.Heroes that have some utility abilities are "Trickster".
I plan to add an innate defensive ability that is not healing for each heroes but it'll take some time.
The jittery first segment of centipede hero is because of group separation it is repeled by the centipede head when too close and constantly move back by centipede system.I have fixed it in next version.

Level 8
The fever state health restore can be abused (maybe this is the way it was inteded tho), specially with the rare item that lowers the kill treshold to 25.
You can just wait it to end or just move around, aglutinate enough monsters, kill them at once (ie. fencer riposte), repeat. And i'm not counting the health restore when leveling up.
This playstyle was kind of rewarding tho, and made the game very fun and even more fast paced. Maybe just keep it like that.

All in all, the game was fun, and those aesthetic elements were refreshing and polished. The gameplay is still in esence very straightforward (kill lots of creeps), but item and character diversity, plus that magic tree system, added for some good depth, even at this starting stage.

This is an intended mechanic the drawback is that it reset the exp bonus when it reset.I may change it a little because there's no reward to keep fever without reset at max level.

Next Update preview

New Character : Champignox
NewCharacterChampignox.jpg
Champignox is a ranged summoner monster hero.He progessively infest area with his fungus summon.

New gameplay mechanic : Unlocked Potential
UnlockedPotential1.jpg UnlockedPotential2.jpg UnlockedPotential3.jpg UnlockedPotential4.jpg UnlockedPotential5.jpg
Upon reaching mastery Rank S you have access to new tree : Kokoko the Teacher.
Kokoko give access to unlocked potential that define your character gameplay (like Diablo 3 armor set).
Each hero will have at least 1 unlocked potential but I plan on adding different ones in the futur.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.