• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Saviors of Lordaeron: Dark halls of Scholomance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
SAVIORS OF LORDAERON
THE DARK HALLS OF SCHOLOMANCE

Map Description:

The King is dead and the dreaded fallen prince has begun his dark conquest. The realms call out for aid and it falls to you to help fight back this encroaching darkness.

Gather your party and make way to the nearest town. Aid what remains of the Silver Hand and cleanse the fallen city of Stratholme, a new power rises from the ruins of the capital, care that you are not engulfed by it.

Map Information/Features:

Saviors of Lordaeron is my first serious mapping project in Warcraft 3, it was made with the intention of being a quick paced action oriented semi-linear RPG that is set in the Warcraft 3 universe and just before Arthas' invasion of Silvermoon. This map is not meant to be canon at all, it just consists of my imagination having fun with the story elements. Aside from that, the map is built in the same vein as "The big fellowship" where items are rare and enemies are tough. The map was made post-Reforged and thus was designed with that in mind. Some of the perks of this map are;

• Uses Default Assets
  • Fun and challenging bosses
  • Fast paced, not requiring hours upon hours to progress
  • Replayability (trying different build/paths/heroes)
  • Unique Heroes that play completely differently from each other

Screenshots:

Starting location:
proxy.png

Village hub:
proxy.png

Scholomance Exterior:
proxy.png

Eastern Plaguelands:
proxy.png

Changelog:

Version 0.4b

• Nerfed Swordsman Defend from 75% reduction to magic and pierce to 33% reduction
    • Reduced item upgrade droprate from 5% to 4%
    • Increased HP of all enemy units by roughly 100
    • Increased Damage of all enemy units by Roughly 10

Version 0.4c

• Buffed Swordsman Defend to 50% reduction to magic and pierce from 33% reduction
    • Reduced item upgrade droprate from 4% to 1%
    • Increased HP of all enemy units by roughly 100
    • Reduced Damage of all enemy units by Roughly 4
    • Added a "Smuggler's Den" to the village hub
    • Reduced the stock of upgrade items at the blacksmith from 3 to 1
    • Finished the village hub cutscene (feel like it might be too long and boring, please let me know if you have any feedback regarding it)

Version 0.6

• Ranger attack range buffed from 600 to 750
    • Ranger "Field Medic" mana cost buffed from 125 at all levels to 75
    • Ranger "Deep Focus" mana cost buffed from 100 at all levels to 80
    • Firemage attack ranged buffed from 600 to 700
    • Firemage "Pyroblast" stun duration on heroes nerfed from 5 seconds to 3
    • Firemage "Banish" cooldown nerfed from 10/8/5 to 14/12/10
    • Priest "Minor Heal" range buffed from 500 to 600
    • Priest "Dispell" mana cost buffed from 100 at all levels to 75
    • Priest "Light's Judgement" mana cost adjusted from 40/55/70 to 50 at all levels
    • Necromancer "Raise dead" now summons 1 melee and 1 ranged skeleton
    • Necromancer "Enfeeble" mana cost buffed from 125 to 75
    • Paladin "Holy Light" mana cost buffed from 100/125/150 to 75/100/125
    • Paladin "Holy Shock" mana cost buffed from 80/95/110 to 80/90/100
    • Swordsman "Demoralizing Shout" attack damage reduction nerfed from 30%/40%/50% to 10%/20%/30%
    • Swordsman "Defend" damage reduction nerfed from 75% to 50%
    • Swordsman "Sunder Armor" mana cost buffed from 35 at all levels to 25

Credits:

Icons
  • Blizzard Entertainment
Systems

Upcoming Features:
  • The remainder of Strathholme
  • Possible remake of the starting forest
  • The ruins of Dalaran and a new hub

Author's notes:

As I said earlier in this post, I am still fairly new to this and could really use pointers and feedback whether good or bad, most of the trigger work might be messy since I tried to do it using the least amount of guides I could (tho some systems seemed a bit too impossible for me) and I'm not that great at terraining/detailing. The map has had some balance troubles and I've been struggling to find the sweet spot between too hard and super easy. Please test out the map with some friends or randoms and let me know what you think.

Again, any feedback is greatly encouraged and thanks for reading up to this point.

Map made by Ilexa (the discord in the loading screen is mine)

Attachments

• SOL v0.6.w3m
    734.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Level 4
Just a heads up, fixed a minor(major) bug with orange not respawning after you trigger the first checkpoint. Updated the attached file. it has the same version number but the bug is fixed.

Level 4
MASSIVE SAVIORS OF LORDAERON UPDATE

While I had hoped to have gotten a bit more feedback regarding the state of the map, true progress cannot be stopped and today I bring you SAVIORS OF LORDAERON v0.6 yes we have leapfrogged v0.5 (tho not really if you managed to spot me hosting v0.5 on bnet) and have jumped straight into BETA and with this new update we have a multitude of new features and gameplay enhancements.

• All hero item quests have been finished
  • Cutscenes are now skippable and there's a brand new one to introduce you to the premise
  • All new quest system so you can always keep track of what's going on in the game
  • Actual drops and a refined drop system (still WIP)
  • Massive balance updates making a multitude of gameplay styles possible with the Heroes
  • Two massive bosses with mechanics and that require teamwork
  • SCHOLOMANCE - an entire new dungeon with puzzles minibosses and secrets to rival the base game! (also includes a pretty sick lich boss that if you manage to kill please let me know because I've failed with every pug tho this version is nerfed and untested)
  • Shared Gold system, you no longer need to be a poor starved healer
Plenty of tiny changes have been made that I've probably forgotten about, please enjoy the map and let me know how to further improve it. Again all feedback, good or bad is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.