• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellforce, Singleplayer open rpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
138114-albums3604-picture33464.jpg

World of Spellforce
Singleplayer open rpg/hack&slash

World of Spellforce is a mix of my own thoughts and Spellforce 1 & Spellforce lore. I always liked Spellforce 1, so I decided to make a warcraft 3 version of it just for fun.

The map will be unprotected and unoptimized so you can edit whatever you like in the map (when out of beta).

The team

:carr:myself (everything atm)
:carr:Solaris (great terrain improvements)
:carr:Windu (*in progress*)
:carr:Orly_YaRly (story)
:carr:EternalWow2010 (tester)

I'm recruiting, so if you want to help please say so :cwink:, together yes we can :infl_thumbs_up::

Anyone who knows Spellforce lore or/and played Spellforce 1 a lot (e.g. monsters/enemies, their abilities etc.)

Open
62.png

In progress.

spellforce-2-shadow-wars.549602.jpg

In World of Spellforce (in short WoS), you can choose one from 7 Rune Warriors which are also called Avatars (compairable with one-man armies). A Rune Warrior is very powerfull and each one has a skill tab of 9 abilities which level up. Rune warriors can also take along 2 Rune Heroes (compairable with Warcraft 3 heroes) which level up with your Avatar and can use Bindstones (specific stones scattered around the map) to teleport and to use as resurrection shrines.

WoS makes use of a dogde system which calculates your chance to hit and to dogde (like in Spellforce 1) and depends on your level, your dexterity attribute and the enemy level.

WoS plays like an open rpg/hack&slash. The idea is like Oblivion, having a main quest and many side quests with. It's more open than linear, but it is not as open as Oblivion. When the map will be made bigger, it will become more open.

more to come...

stats.gif

* completely custom huge map.
* 7 Runes Warriors to choose from.
* 63 unique abilities, 9 for each Rune Warrior.
* 4 attributes, gain 2 attribute points with each level
* a lot of items with recipes and uniques also.
* plenty of quests.
* challenges and gamecodes
* lots of imported stuff.
more to come...

spellforce.jpg

In progress.

changelog.png

No releases yet.

Angel-Cash-Advance-Payday-Loan-Calculator.icon.gif

* Solaris for greatly terrain improvements.
More to come.

button-euroMapping.gif

In progress.

world_map.gif

138114-albums3604-picture32753.jpg

Attachments

• SF1.jpg
    SF1.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 895
  • SF3.jpg
    SF3.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 1,043
  • SF4.jpg
    SF4.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 861
  • SF5.jpg
    SF5.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 693
  • SF6.jpg
    SF6.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 947
  • SF7.jpg
    SF7.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 607
  • SF8.jpg
    SF8.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 752
  • SF9.jpg
    SF9.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 625
  • SF10.jpg
    SF10.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 638
  • SF11.jpg
    SF11.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 613
  • SF12.jpg
    SF12.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 606
  • SF13.jpg
    SF13.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 591
  • SF14.jpg
    SF14.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
Level 6
Nice idea, could turn out well. A single-rpg map is getting rare
these days. Also like the gameplay ideas.
But you should definetly rework some of the terrain.
Seems interesting so waiting for updates...

Terrain needs more doodads. Add some shrubs and grass and icebergs and fiery volcanic thingys. Use height variations, but not the 'Noise' tool. Try to create fixed paths, either with trees, or buildings, like in Gaias Retaliation and TKoK. And use different tiles on the area, instead of a huge plane of red rock, like I see in one of the screenies.
Most importantly, use the UTM. There are 2 UTMS on the hive for lots of settings, and 1 UTM for Outland, which may be useful for your volcano areas.

Good luck on the project, and if you're making a team, I can do some GUI spell-making.

Level 6
[K40$]-Spectre;1650152 said:
, thanks, by terrain do you mean that it's has to little detail or that it doesn't match with it's surroundings or something else?

For example the first pic, outland-tiles with sand and northrend trees doesn´t fit and the lack of height variation makes it even worse (Not to mention the crypt). I would suggest that you probably make your terrain first and post them in the terrainig section, so that people could help you to improve.

Level 17
Well thanks for the feedback, sounds like a lot of work still needs to be put into the terrain :\, quess I'll try recruit a terrainer or two.

Most importantly, use the UTM. There are 2 UTMS on the hive for lots of settings, and 1 UTM for Outland, which may be useful for your volcano areas.
, I don't like UTM, increases your filesize, doodads have no pathing (pathing blockers take more time to place) and the weird order doodads etc. are placed in (not alphabetical order I think).

Good luck on the project, and if you're making a team, I can do some GUI spell-making.
, thanks for the offering, I will keep that in mind if will come across some nasty-to-make ones.

Level 6
You could easily work without Utm, but this means a lot of work, especially fine tuning and doodad abuse.
Anyway its all about the right placement and variation....

Level 17
I have a question: How do you manage to have terrains from different areas (as in snow, the lava, grass and ice) in the same map?
, start World Editor (I myself use JassNewgen pack, search for it you are interested in it, it expands WE), than -> Advanced -> Modify Tileset (from here it's just a matter trying to get many different tilesets in it but to still let them match a bit for terrain transitions).

Level 17
No, no, no. You IMPORT the doodads into your map and set the pathing for yourself! The UTM isn't a template, it's more of a library of models. The Ultimate Terraining Map v3.0 is very neat and ordered, same with the Outland UTM.
, well I quess it's better than, it takes more work though (importing also those resources), I just don't think it is that well ordered but that is just my personal opinion ofcourse. Solaris is going improve the terrain of the map, if he want to use UTM resources, than that is fine by me ofcourse.

Level 15
I am a real fan of Spellforce lore!!!!

If you need help in making this RPG, I want in! I can trigger spells, systems, whole map mechanisms. I can help you with spells, balancing and making the units/everything you need.

PM me if you're interesed in my help.

+Rep

Level 6
Happy to see movement in here! Regarding the tile-variation, there a more than 10 tiles used - every climatic zone got it´s own tile also transition tiles. But I am glad you like it and it´s still not finished - think I will go over it one more time.

Level 17
Happy to see movement in here! Regarding the tile-variation, there a more than 10 tiles used - every climatic zone got it´s own tile also transition tiles. But I am glad you like it and it´s still not finished - think I will go over it one more time.
, take your time if you want, you can use the the version you last sent me since I haven't made any futher changes in the editor yet (have been playing sc2 :p).

I am a real fan of Spellforce lore!!!!

If you need help in making this RPG, I want in! I can trigger spells, systems, whole map mechanisms. I can help you with spells, balancing and making the units/everything you need.

PM me if you're interesed in my help.

+Rep
, welcome aboard :), do you have played Spellforce 1?

Level 15
I have played the order of dawn, a loooong time ago, and also a little of the pheonix expansion. I have played most SP2 + DS, but I can see this is gonna be a spellforce 1 or spellforce lore orientated project?

So what's the rogress stage here? What has been done and what needs to be done ?

Level 5
Damn, i love spellforce!
I have the original spellfore with both expansions and spellforce 2 with expansion.
If you need any help with terrain, ideas or story, just pm me man. :grin::thumbs_up:

Level 17
Thanks for all the comments;

What has been done:
*most of terrain
*Bindstones and their revive system
*spellforce like health regen system for Rune Warrior and Rune Heroes
*Spellforce like dodge system
*the four attributes (Strength, Dexterity, Stamina and Energy)
*level up system
*Spellforce like summonings and it's upkeep system for summonings
*Rune Warrior spell system worked out, atm there are 7 schools and 32 abilities (there will be more abilities, about 56 total which all are/will be based on Spellforce 1 spells with some of my own thoughts or old ones merged)

What still needs to be done (could be that in the future more features come):
*most of villages/towns/cities & shops & enemy camps still need to be made
*all items (these will be based on Spellforce 1 with alterations and some new ones, also recipes)
*item system (piece of cake, I can do this one fast)
*all enemies, monsters, allies (this is the most work that still needs to be done I think, will be based on Spellforce 1 monsters and races)
*the rest of the abilities (~56 - 32)
*Rune Heroes
*Quests (main and side)
*story

@Windu, the story is before the convication war (so no islands like in Spellforce 1 but one continent). In other words, it plays some time before the Spellforce 1: Order of Dawn story begins. Does anyone here know something about the time before the convication war in Spellforce lore (like which enemies there were, what there was different etc.)?

@Orly_YaRly, if you could help me with the story than that would be great. I will add you to the list.

@EternalWow2010, I still need a tester so I will add you too to the list :).

Level 6
Any progress here?
Btw currently occupied with Diablo2 Warcraft3,
but soon I will work on the terrain again....
So if you made any changes, just pm me the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.