• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

- - - - Looking for more people to help with Unique Open Rpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
ve got a massive open rpg project in the making. im about 40% complete and am slowing down because I am having a little trouble thinking of/ making new and innovative items and skills. The reason is its not your usual rpg it has to do with spiritual beings instead of the usual physical entities u see in all rpgs. Which makes it hard cause a spiritual being wouldnt hold a sword etc... If your creative and innovative with either items or memory leak free skills please let me know i'll let you try out the map and see if u are interested in joining the project. - - - - -

The name of the map is Cg2002's Elements Open Rpg
Its based upon constant action and tons of skills, items, and evolutions.
There are 10,000 level ups, 1000 Per evolution and there are 10 evolutions per element ant currently there are 7 elements... Every skill can level up to 100, each evolution your max skill level cap is raised by 10, it starts at 10 on evolution 1 then 20 on evolution 2 etc...

You start your elemental evolution as a mere critter, the lowest form of the evolutionary chain you start as the garbage of the garbage, and as you evolve your element begins to empower you and you become to look and feel cooler. Weather your abilities allow you to walk on water or even fly. Every skill is custom or unique wether it be trigger based or completly modified. every 4 evolutions you will be faced with a new challenge... the first 1 to 4 evolutions you only have to level up and match a requirement. 5,6, and 7 you will need to venture out into the map to gain the favor of your element through some sort of a trial. 8,9, and 10 will require you to venture and fight alone in an element specific dungeon to gain the favor of your chosen element. There will be more options later.

There are a couple of towns with unique things in each town like the ability to become gods to parts of the town, there are 2 arenas 1 monster arena where u fight series of monsters for items (Think Final Fantasy 3) Or an item arena where you fight monsters for better versions of the item or unique items.

The goal of the map is different than some open rpgs where you just hack and slash and be the fastest one to get the best items in the map. This one will be epic. The main goal is to defeat the Enemy... which sounds just like any other rpg in any map. The difference is... When you start the game out you are allied to every player, you are allied to one of the computers and 4 other computers are in 2 teams, 2-2, in their own factions. You have an option on staying neutral or helping either faction out later on in the map. Each faction gives faction bonuses weather it be more income, more xp, more movement, more armor.. etc. When u join a faction you gain the alliance of that post enemy and are now at war with the new enemy. When you manage to conquor both factions you force them to join your side and fight the greater evil on the map in an epic battle to win the map. And you have to do all of this within a time limit.

All of this is mixed in with small spats of humor here and there that you will notice if you play console rpgs or other rpgs that have been released for war3. Plus there are tons of other features but this definatly not your run of the mill pick up a sword and hack and slash rpg.

-Xandramas
aka, Cg2002

Plus this is the first in many creative open rpg maps to be created.

Level 5
The project is on pause for a little bit.

Ya it might seem like this is to soon to get a comment like htis but ive been working on this map non stop with little help for a while now. working on it with many sleepless nights and am getting a bit burned out. I need to give it a rest for now.

This is my first map ... takes me longer to figure out things than vetran map makers.

Level 4
well i played tha map a few times...still dont get most things...

there are only 2 heroes :/ that i know of (enemy ones for spirit)
leveling is preety boreing...since mice give almost same exp as dune worms do...
i dont get why every one is fighting everyone
u should check the quest tips ...since almost all of them are incomplete...
for evolution u say i need 250 lvl and 250 orbs...well i acctualy get the skill at 200 and i just evolve in lvl 200 instead of 250...same goes for 300.
thare are a lot of inaccesible areas....dont know why...example : west and east of center town ...and the waterfall
in the beggingin of the map u say...u should go to the temple north-east...i died because of that ... for personal information north = up , south = down , east = right, west = left.
i don under stand why would u remove the reincarnate from earth ..after evo.
again at earth elemental...boulder is pretty dumb...since it only stuns for like 0.3 sec and has 24000 dmg on single target and 100 splash...i mean i get 15000 critical dmg and cleaving with that :/ i sencerly dont need boulder...only to 1 hit kill heroes.
save text should remain on screen longer...since i only have time to type it...and check it real fast...and if i find an error i have to rewrite it on my notepad and the text dissapears...and i need to save again.
really bad thing it dose not save money.
after my first evo i get a completed quest saying...now that u have approached ur finnaly evolurions o_O u will be able to become a god ...blah blah blah.

more flaws in the map to come :p

but i liked the ideea...really nice job... just get ur skills up.

and one more thing ! why the hell do i get an un-used acolyte button on the scree when i use boulder ?

Level 24
if xandramas is australian, that creates problems with the rest of the world because i believe in australia north is on the bottom of a map. so if he is, north is actually DOWN. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.