• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thing for map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
My map will have a navigator it is an item or a unit You type where or click on the unit or item's Skill and it shows your location so you wont get lost in my big map,It also will have many cities and 4 major cities it will also have CREDITS at least not like other maps and Since there are no future looking doodads I will make with the doodads in the world editor and you can get empty bottle and fill it up with water why are rpg maps so plain, have to pretend?liek *Fills up Bottle* Wow doesnt really seem fun for a rpg.*Runs out of Breathe* Boring... All your rpgs are so boring add SOMETHING not make it like the same from all the rpgs

Level 4
I'm very happy for your map, but we already have a navigator. It is called a "Minimap". and I'm not sure what you mean by filling up a bottle with water. If you got a 3d animated model of someone filling up a water bottle I am very happy for you. Also, what does it look like when you run out of breathe? I am merely asking for clarity.
As far as I know, rpgs are based mainly on story, so if your map has a great story to make it different from "all other rpgs", again, I am very happy for you.

P.S. Credits are not an innovation either.

Level 4
Nah minimap makes the gam worser BECAUSE we already know whats there ya for example "Ya games alright i got to see everything"Thats why im chanign minimap and adding camera bounds Oh and the water bottle thing like if you wait 10 seconds you get 10 charges for the water bottle and heals you too_Oh and the breathe i meant that if u run for too long HOW COME A RPG MAP WHEN U PLAY I PLAYED THIS ONE MAP AND YOU KNOW WHAT IT FOCKING SAID "YOUR ARMOR IS HEAVY IT REDUCES YOUR SPEED WHEN U WEAR IT A MESAGE POPS OUT"somethin like that if u walk around for too long you run out of stamina

Level 4
It somehow does not surprise me that your grasp of the subtleties of sarcasm is as faulty as your grasp of the subtleties of the English language.

Level 16
Also you are forgetting is the concept that if you make the minimap black anyway, how is a locator any good? Unless you reset the black mask constantly, which is gonna:
1: Lag your map down
2: Make playing the map a bunch of black flashes every second, unless it works right
3: Sounds a little stupid, but what can I say? You're learning

Level 4
Eusira said:
Also you are forgetting is the concept that if you make the minimap black anyway, how is a locator any good? Unless you reset the black mask constantly, which is gonna:
1: Lag your map down
2: Make playing the map a bunch of black flashes every second, unless it works right
3: Sounds a little stupid, but what can I say? You're learning

I never said "make the minimap black anyway"And also the locator uuh don't you think I was change that to blank oh and Im learning I think your just arguing with yoruself

Level 3
... Having trouble understading

I'm just trying to understand what your saying. Your map will have a unit/ and or item that will display the location of key points on your map. However, your unhappy about the fog of war and the minimap revealing the terrain so your making an item that will show you the exact whereabouts of your unit and the location to the neerest town... I think i fallow you so far. With the water thing, I'm trying to figure out what you dont understand about it. It makes sense to have a characther fill up a vile/container (whatever) and recieve whater in it mainly beacuse he just filled it up...
I've never played a map were your stamina was decreesed due to the amount of armor you're wearing.
A) That would require a crap load of triggers that i would think you would have a hard time matching.
B) If the Map was going for realism I think it sucseeded.

Level 4
OMFG when did i say STAMINA! I SAID YOUR SPEED AS IN STAMINA I JUST GOT MIXED UP SPEED SPEED SPEED IS IS IS FROM FROM FROM THE THE THE WEIGHT WEIGHT WEIGHT OF OF OF THE THE THE ARMOR ARMOR ARMOR FROM D&D WORLDS the Rpg not the system one the one at wc3campaigns.com uuuunnnnddddeerstaaand kkknnoow?

Level 16
Now this gets interesting:
1: hacker talk
2: Almost as-if swearing at Divine-Mandate
3: Caps spam and flaming wc3c

Unless you take the minimap from your map's archive and make it look cartoonish in an image editor, that's like the only way I see you could do that. AS for armors, just creat buffless and redundant amounts of Unholy Aura based abilities with negative speed bonuses and no buff to simulate speed loss

Level 4
Hmm I didn't really get to finish what I was gonna say but the stamina aka lumber I was gonna use for many purposes like Trainning, Underwater, And other stuff.Im still not sure if the game can go right with stamina but it is in other RPG and I thought maybe mine could have.

Level 5
Your not fluient to the English language are you?

... What model are you useing for your main charicter?... cuz that underwater stuff might be hard to pull off with like. .. a grunt. . lol. . . uhh.. .. im not following you on the water and bottle stuff,.. .. ya lost me there.

Status
Not open for further replies.