• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

my idea for a map, is it good and how should i go about gett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i am a big fan of starcraft and wc3 rpgs, ive seen some amazing ones on wc3 such as legacies: tides of the serpant and the legend of magnador, but the most amazing on i ever played was on starcraft brood war
it was called "Fayth and Destiny" it was almost 800 kb which was massive for a starcraft map, it was a 4 player rpg with random battles, leveling up cutseens
items and even custom spells( done by triggers) it also featured am amazing(and possibly only) turn based combat system i have ever seen on starcraft. the rpg was also story driven
i would like to remake the map on wc3 so more people can play this amazing map, and maybe make it a little better(such as class sepcific weapons, armor ect like in legacies:ToS), it was extremely long for a sc map also, it took about 4 hours to corss half the map.

I would like to assemble a team to remake the map for
wc3 tft, how should i go about getting a team together, also what are some good utilities for skinning making models and a good map editor, like SCXE but for wc3 tft

Level 3
Hey :)

Firstly, before you get to excited, while i was surfing aroudn a while ago I came upong a modding team called crimson something.. Not sure, however they were hard working on a map that used a turn based system. As far as I understand the demo size of the map was some 45 meg's in size just to get the actuall turn based system going for it. If you stil want to go for it I wish you all the luck. I'm gonna go look for the site right now, I'll repost if I find the URL... Anyways sir, good luck with your dream of bringing that map to life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.