• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Thanks in advance for reading!

After months of developing and play testing and balancing etc, my RPG map is getting very close to completion. I just have a few questions though which would help me out if I could get some answers/feed back.

What in your mind makes, an rpg stand out and enjoyable over others??

I have a few quests in the rpg, and a very badic story line but Im wondering what quests have you seen and enjoyed in other maps, my quests seem a little basic like kill so and so monster to get to the next area, or get a key to open the gate to the graveyard to fight the boss etc, any other ideas I should try to add in. I will also try create a defend such and such town quest as I do like the defense scenarios.

And finally ending should I have, just 1 big boss that’s fairly hard to beat? I don’t know if this is boring tho. What endings have you seen in other maps/rpgs that you enjoyed.

Thanks again!

Level 8
hm I would prefer an hard end where you fight against a big boss and his units ( Like he's creating a ghul for example every 25 seconds , so you have to attack the boss ... ) but you should make it so that you can win against him in 2 kinds..

Perhaps 1 with fighting....
and the other with Combos ( Like you kill trees and the trees are falling over him ) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.