• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiplayer RPG Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
After getting so many requests to make my current project a multiplayer RPG, (but being unable to do so for many reasons), I have decided to begin another RPG project, however it will be multiplayer.

I have never tackled a multiplayer map before in ANY way, and I am still working my way around with the editor. Basically I dont have a CLUE where to start, so here are a few questions I have, and it would be great if I could get some additional information as well.

1. How do quests work with multiplayer?

2. Is there anyway to disable fighting between allies?

3. How can you save / load / play multiplayer, and can you play alone?

4. How would features like changes in the environment (skyboxes, music, etc) affect other players?

Right now those are my main questions, but any other infromation would be VERY helpful... Thanks! :D

Level 5
I have ideas for how I want the map to play, but I dont know how to make the map do those things. Ill mostly be playing around with it to see what works, but Im mostly confused on how multiple people playing will affect things such as quests, saving and loading, etc.

Level 6
For saving and loading, You have to create it within triggers, which can be really hard if you dont know what your doing, i think there could be some maps on here with ones you could use in the resource section, and as for quest you create it the same way but make it so all players could do it and if a player does it just disable it for that 1 player and not all of them unless its a group quest then disable for all

~4rankie~

Level 6
Well I never knew you needed to know jass for that, i was gonna use that one but now i don't know lol cause i know nothing about jass, but ya if you need help with your rpg im here 2 help aswell.

~4rankie~

Status
Not open for further replies.