• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG - Death/Punishment System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Im trying to get some ideas together for my RPG map in which when you fail a quest you are punishes, be it gol dloss or experience loss im jsut wondering if thsi is possible.

Also im trying to implement a system in which you are punished when you die, Currently in my rpg when you die you are out and thats it, i was wondering what ideas other people have or what systems you have seen in other maps, all i can really think of is, when you die, you start back with your hero at Level 1 at the start of the map again.

Level 5
event: unit dies

Condition: none

Action: Hero - Instantly Revive Triggering Unit at (centre of region (this is where hero respawn)) hide or show revival graphics (thats up to you)

Hero - Set(reviving Hero) to lvl # Hide graphics

That your punishment for heroes diying but maybe losing levels is not such an idea cos people die all the time :)

now for quest thingy

create quest as you would do normally (for this i have written the event when a unit dies becasue for this example you had to stop a man from dying)(obviously the event can be changed to what ever you like)

Event - Unit dies

Condition - unit type of triggering unit = to informant (not need if the unit is placed in game)

Actions: Quest - display to all players quest message : you failed
Quest - mark (questvariable -(what ever you called your quest) as failed

Player Group - Pick Every Player in (all players) and do (player - add -200 gold to (picked Player) Current gold)

ok there all you need to know if you dont know about quest variables then pm me and ill help you with them.

hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.