• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Open rpg's unit respawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I want to know how to make the creeps on the map who die, to respawn in their position where they were standing before engaging in combat and dying, like in open rpg's (or rpg's in general). The trigger is quite simple apart from one thing, its like this:

Creep dies
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
Actions
Wait 30.00 seconds
Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

But the problem in that trigger is that the creep moves to attack the hero so the creeps position when the creep dies is different than where it was standing. So where im going with this post is that is there a way to configure the original position of the creep before he moved to attack and died, without me having to make hundreds of regions and unit configuerences (because in the map there will be hundreds of units).

If anyone understood, help?

Level 22
well, the problem with that is that if a unit dies while the trigger was still in action after the death of a previous enemy (i.e. its still counting the 300 seconds from the last kill) it can sometimes overwrite/cancel out previous trigger actions and ignore spawning the previous dead unit and only the last one you killed.

The way I would do it (which I stress may not be the best way) would be to make each unit a variable and respawn the variable when it gets skilled, therefor each unit basically has its own revive trigger that cant overlap or cancel eachother out.
-VGsatomi

Level 16
VGsatomi u only answered a part of my question, but luckily my friend knew the other part :). So u helped me also, thx. Problem solved.

Rage, ye i am making an open rpg. It will be great! Thought will take a lot of time...

Mini-Me said:
Rage, ye i am making an open rpg. It will be great! Thought will take a lot of time...

Well, if youd like you could join me and Ashido's (Slugge) RPG project instead. With 3 men it goes alot faster and then you dont have to do the terrain either as I do that :p

I know how you are usually so lazy when it comes to the terrain xD

Level 16
ragingspeedhorn said:
Well, if youd like you could join me and Ashido's (Slugge) RPG project instead. With 3 men it goes alot faster and then you dont have to do the terrain either as I do that :p

Thought i started this project yesterday (29.11), i have already done roughly about 1/10 of the terrain and it looks pretty cool (in my oppinion). It's a funny thing what excitement can do :), but rpg's are lot of work so if my excitement dies out too soon i'll consider joining ur project. Hope i dont need to answer now? Even with two ppl i think u guys will have months of work.

Mini-Me said:
ragingspeedhorn said:

Thought i started this project yesterday (29.11), i have already done roughly about 1/10 of the terrain and it looks pretty cool (in my oppinion). It's a funny thing what excitement can do :), but rpg's are lot of work so if my excitement dies out too soon i'll consider joining ur project. Hope i dont need to answer now? Even with two ppl i think u guys will have months of work.

Yep we have lotsa work to be done, we are also gonna have a very neat hero system and lots and lots of other cool stuff :D

But yeah as I was mainly thinking of you as splitting all the object editing/triggering with Slugge there is no hurry at all :)

Level 6
Mini-me, do your creeps have the ability,wander?

I faced the same problem as you when creating a map, and my creeps have wander. I created another trigger to remove the ability wander when the monster is attacked. With wander, the monster will move around its position, so it will be roughly at the same position where it died, which is not far from where it engaged its enemy. And i would put the respawn time as 90 seconds, so the creep has time to move around after it respawns.

Level 16
Leaviathan, no my creeps dont have wander ability. I solved the problem which i had with some variables and only 2 triggers. Now i have every creep covered and they always spawn in the same place (no regions required). It was quite great way to do the respawn, thought credits go to my friend, laoshra. If u want i could pm u the triggers if u are also making an rpg that requires that.

Level 2
Hi

I am experience the same problem in my rpg map exactly as you describe it Mini-Me, and I would be very happy if you could help me out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.