1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Monolith

Submitted by Jevan Grimtotem
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
MAP NAME
Created by Blizzard Entertainment - Jevan Grimtotem

Map Info:

Monolith(New Creeps), This is actually my first map, I edited all the creeps and their heroes

Features:

Dark Troll - Forest Troll
Furbolgs - Wildkins
Murlocs - Faceless Ones
Wolves - Wolves (No Changes :D)
Spiders - Arachnathids
Beasts - Ogres
Thunder Lizards - Salamanders

Credits:

•Sindorei300
•alfredx_sotn
•Deolrin
•assasin_lord
•Norinrad
•Pyritie

Keywords:
Monolith,New Creeps,Warcraft 3,Blizzard
Contents

Monolith (Map)

Reviews
11:21, 16th Aug 2014 Orcnet: I'm not quite sure on why only redoing the previous creep races into a different creep race is an alternate idea, although you might want to add more features on the game itself, not sure finding shards on enemy...
  1. 11:21, 16th Aug 2014
    Orcnet: I'm not quite sure on why only redoing the previous creep races into a different creep race is an alternate idea, although you might want to add more features on the game itself, not sure finding shards on enemy structures or so on. It would be great if you can give more in-depth game value on the Monolith. Such as additional heroes or mercenary camps that is stored and etc. Overall can be an additional output.

2. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    this is made by blizzard and you only edited it a little ; - ;

3. Jevan Grimtotem

Jevan Grimtotem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe I'll change the races too

4. CY The UnGodly

CY The UnGodly

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you're gonna change the races change the undead to Forsaken or Humans to High Elves :D so cool if you're gonna do it

5. Jevan Grimtotem

Jevan Grimtotem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  6. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try changing as well...
    • Orcs to Fel Orcs (An upgrade in Fortress which shifts all orcs into Fel varieties [kinda works like Berserker Trolls upgrade] that should cost a lot of gold.)
    • Humans to Scarlet Crusade (Spell Breakers' model would be changed to a Rouge Wizard, Knight to Bandit Lords, Footman to Captain, Priest to Chaplain [Villager icon] and Rifleman to Human Archer; Change the Arcane Sanctum to a Chapel that gives a health regeneration aura; All human units' unit color will be red, [Dwarves and elves still have their default color.] something similar to like, Varimathras.)
    • Night Elves having Furbolgs as their restored allies. (An extra melee unit to have at least some melee power for NE. Has Cleaving Attack.)
    • Undead to Forsaken. (I'll leave this one to @CY The UnGodly.)

The file size shouldn't be too large; if it is, take out the Chapel idea but keep the health aura.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  7. Ragnoras

Ragnoras

Resources:
    Resources:
    You know what, i can really help you alot with many ideas fir techtrees, race changes and stuff like that.

8. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Comments

- You lack a closing color tag
    - You did not change the "Map Name" in the map description
    - You lack screenshots; how to

That's all for now, have fun modding and have a nice day!

9. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    July 26 Map Review
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

MONOLITH
    Map by Jevan Grimtotem
    [​IMG] RATINGS
    Gameplay & Entertainment: 12/20
    Terrain & Layout: 6/10
    Doodads & Scenery: 5/10
    Bugs & Consistency: 4/5
    Presentation: 3/5
    Total Score: 29/50

[​IMG] FEEDBACK
    Gameplay & Entertainment:
    I don't play a lot of monolith, but the gameplay is almost the same. It's a fun co op melee map fighting in this case new creep races from the original monolith, also some new skins and models. The biggest problem with this is that it's to easy, the creep attacks always fail at the main bases, horribly. The battles end to the slaughter for the creeps if you are like me and block off escapes and trap enemies. My elapsed game time is 30 minutes 2 ai and 2 players, and I was taking my time. I know you can say that if I play with easy computers it would be harder, but with a full house of human players it's going to be done quick and easy, and they are gonna get rekt!. It seems to me that normal leveled ally AI will win in a 4v4, change this around. You shouldn't have to rely on computers to win, (and if you are bad you can change the difficulty of your allies). You might want to look at the total kills difference for the creeps.

screenie
    [​IMG]
    Sadly there aren't any neutral passive buildings, I'm sure some will turn this down because of this. Creeps don't even have drops. People love their heroes.

Overall, the gameplay is quite fun, I like more fast paced melee. It's quality is average.

12/20
    Terrain & Layout:
    Well, you can't really go wrong with blizzard tiles and height leveling. The layout is great and is visually pleasing, we cross the river and we're in immediately in enemy territory. Map shaped is balanced as well. I will give a higher score if you match the theme of the creep races because they now don't match the Ashenvale theme.

6/10
    Doodads & Scenery:
    Compared to other blizzard maps, this one is actually emptier than 90% (probably a bad estimate) of the melee maps. Add some shrubs, fallen logs, rocks, mushrooms, maybe even some temples or structures.

5/10
    Bugs & Consistency:
    > AI holds position in odd places
    > Wrong icon
    > Don't just keep the title as Monolith, perhaps Jevan's Monolith or custom monolith will do
    Screenie
    [​IMG]

4/5
    Presentation:
    Your description is lacking a little, but you are clear on the main parts. Please add screenshots (cakemaster has a link above) and state whether the map is free to use, protected, or unprotected and needs permission.

3/5

[​IMG] Suggestions
    Suggestion are optional, but I highly recommend these. Some of these may be repeats from the critique section.
    > Add fountains, merchants. Maybe no tavern or mercenary camp because you are fighting against creeps.
    > More doodads
    > Make enemies stronger​

[tr][titletd][​IMG] VERDICT[/titletd][/tr]
    [tr][tdalt]The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules. You only have a few. For now I vote for AWAIT UPDATE.
    > Need screenshots
    > Need protected/unprotected note

> Credits in the quests log
    > Have the correct author name
    > A version changelog​
    [/tdalt][/tr]
    [tr][titletd][​IMG] NOTES[/titletd][/tr]
    [tr][tdalt]Overall the map is a nice twist on monolith if you're bored of the old one, there is no need to add whole new races for the humans or it wouldn't really be monolith, altered melee does not equal new playable races. Feel free to contact me about this review, or to say hi! (+1) Reputation point for uploading and your hard work. Sorry for the long month long wait, we just don't have enough of us active to be doing this, plus I wasn't active much in June :p

Special thanks to GreeN!X for letting me use the base of his map description that I have altered and edited.
    [/tdalt][/tr]
    [tdalt]
    [/tdalt]
    [tr][titletd][​IMG][/titletd][titletd][​IMG][/titletd][/tr]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  10. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can be useful somehow, map approved.

11. Ariagil

Ariagil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What about switching the roles?
    I don't know if anyone already did it or not, but Monolith could be interesting if the players could control the monolith monsters... With some new features added (and the monolith races being improved - new spells, new upgrades etc.) it could make a really cool map.

12. Arlekin

Arlekin

Resources:
    Resources:
    (sorry for my english) thank you very much for the card, love card "Monolith", has long been looking everywhere for similar cards, and various other versions, it is interesting to play for the other race of animals, do more races, can be 12-16, will be fine. and the need to remove the wolves in the first place, they are the weakest. and give the opportunity to edit maps for people, do not block them. I need to change something for themselves, and the cards are often closed to the editor (