• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #12 - Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modeling Contest #12 - Females
RESULTS

(LiOneSS' score / 2) + (DonDustin's score / 2) + (votes/(total votes))*50 = (score)

Pyramidhe@d
LiOneSS said:
  • 12/15 points for mesh – Pretty unusual, you pulled it off well, you've got loads of uneccessary polies though...
  • 8/10 points for animations – The animations are pretty creative, but some of them (like the portrait) are too robotic. The animation where she rips her heart out was certainly an interesting addition. Also, the spider is sometimes besides her, and in other animations he just appears on her back, and did you need all of those bones?
  • 4/10 points for skin – The texture is pretty blurry, and in game she looks just like a gray blob with team color.
  • 3/5 points for mechanics – The robotic portrait and the blurry textures make it look really weird in game :(
  • 2/5 points for effects – I didn't notice any effects except the blood in the animation where she rips her heart out.
  • 5/5 points for creativity – so cute, so deadly.
Total: 34/50

DonDustin said:
  • 11/15 points for mesh - the mesh is okay. But there is mainly 1 problem. There is a bit too much little details for a model and some parts that you would not see anyways ingame could have been done with less polies. An example would be the small nerubian. It could have been done with far less polies because ingame you won´t see it´s has 282 faces. Another thing is that you added 2 hooks. 1 would have been enough. Or the hole in the hatchet. Blizzard´s abomination model also has such a whole, but they just solved it, that they made it with the texture. Or the lashes could have been done with an alpha channeled texture. All this small factors summed it up to 1025 vertices/1606 faces which is too much for a warcraft unit.
  • 9/10 points for animations - the animations are really nice. You have added a lot of love into them. but there are some points that could have been made better. The pinafore makes some unnatural movements in all of the animations. for exmple: it floats in the air during the stand ready and at the beginning of the attack animations. In the attack animations you can see 2 hooks but in the stand animations you can only see 1. It would have been nice if you would have changed 1 of the attack animations into a spell animation and if you would have added a stand channel animation which would have been very useful.
  • 8/10 for skin - the texture’s fine. It doesn´t reach the quality of some of the blizzard ones and also looks a bit dirty, but it fits your model´s concept + you made it yourself and for the time you had you did a pretty good job. But I think you could have made it a bit better, if you would have used ingame texture for the weapons because that way you could have drawn the rest a bit bigger which would have improved the whole qualit of it.
  • 4/5 for mechanics - the model looks a bit too large and should have be scaled to ~0.75 to look good ingame. the walk animation looks a bit too slow and the portrait could have been improved because portrait stand 3 is too rare and the talk animation was always the head shaking :/
  • 2/5 for effects - the effects are a nice idea, but they also have some flaws: the first blood effect of stand 2 looks random. And when you move after the animation started to play the effects will still play at the position where the unit stood when the animation was played.
  • 5/5 for creativity - this was a contest with a pretty boring theme which made creativity really difficult. But your model managed to combine the theme and your personal style.
Total: 39/50

(34 / 2) + (39 / 2) + (25/75)*50 = 53.17

Elenai
LiOneSS said:
  • 9/15 points for mesh – The appearance is nice, but when you look closer, the model is pretty disproportional, the limbs are tiny and the head is pretty huge. And, dude, you've got so many polies that will never be seen, which unnecessarily add to the total poly count.
  • 7/10 points for animations – Since it’s just an edit, the animations are Blizz quality =P Those stand talk animations are not really needed and her hand sticks through her cape in a pretty weird fashion.
  • 7/10 points for skin – Nice and pretty creative use of textures, except on the head, I mean seriously, villager female? :(
  • 3/5 points for mechanics – Blends well with other units, but all the little detail on the chest is lost. That, and the portrait camera is too close to the face.
  • 2/5 points for effects – Spell animation particles aren’t quite fancy, and the color doesn’t fit the model well.
  • 4/5 points for creativity – Well, good idea and pretty snazzy details, but I just can’t get over the overused villager female face…
Total: 32/50

DonDustin said:
  • 10/15 for mesh - this is insane. A single model with 1772 vertices/1797 faces. There are so many unneeded parts. It begins with the breasts of your model. Why have you even modeled them with so much detail?? I mean: they are under this cape and are invisible because of that. The next thing is the back: it is behind the robe and won´t be visible aswell ingame. And the legs could have been done with less polies aswell. ANd I also have my doubts that it really needs this exaggerated hair. But the main issue is the body. And the shoulders also make the proportions look wrong.
  • 7/10 for animations - the animations are just the medivh ones but they fit well.
  • 8/10 for skin - the textures are also "just" ingame ones, but they match very well.
  • 5/5 for mechanics - works very well ingame, but you should have made the camera placement of the portrait a bit higher.
  • 5/5 for effects - the particle emitter is simple made but looks really nice ingame and fits really well. The icons are also a nice extra
  • 4/5 for creativity - your model is not on a horse which is a + for it because you tried to take some distance from the concept, but your model looks a bit too much like a battle mage than an archmage because of the heavy armor.

(32 / 2) + (39 / 2) + (26/75)*50 = 52.83

Dan van Ohllus
LiOneSS said:
  • 11/15 points for mesh – The rider’s mesh is excellent, really nice layout. The horse is blocky though, it could use a few more polies here and there.
  • 6/10 points for animations – Nice animation choice, but the mesh deforms a bit weird in some animations.
  • 6/10 points for skin – Good texture, but the color scheme is really random and doesn’t give it an undeadish appearance, it looks like jeans and a purple shirt.
  • 3/5 points for mechanics – Not really warcrafty, the texture could’ve been “cartoonier” and it sticks out from the original undead race too much.
  • 1/5 points for effects – Some effects would’ve been nice, also you left the glow on the weapon unedited and it looks weird.
  • 3/5 points for creativity – Wow, a raised creature becoming a death knight… really creative. The lack of a lower jaw boosts the score thought :p
Total: 30/50

DonDustin said:
  • 14/15 for mesh - the mesh is really nice. The only unneeded faces I see are the legs of your maiden, but the rest is how it should be.Your model oly uses new geosets when it is really needed. And 772 faces(642 vertices) for a rider model is really good.
  • 7/10 for animations - you used ingame animations that fit very well. I like that you did not used the death knight ones because this gives your model some more personality
  • 7/10 for skin - I really like your horse´s texture. It looks much better than the texture of the death knight´s horse. And your face looks really creepy aswell. the weapon and the shield are fine. But what I do not like is the cloth of your maiden. Why does she wear a simple shirt with jeans?? o_O And your texture looks a bit dirty/blurry/pixely. Bonus points because you made your own texture
  • 5/5 for mechanics - it works ingame and seems fine, but it should be scaled to 1.15 to get the best result.
  • 3/5 for effects - you added icons which is a really good extra.
  • 5/5 for creativity - It still looks exactly like the death knight concept, but you interpretated it and made a creative model out of it.
Total: 41/50

(30 / 2) + (41 / 2) + (2/75)*50 = 36.83

Callahan
LiOneSS said:
  • 9/15 points for mesh – Not one of your better works. It’s pretty random, and the proportions are pretty wrong. The mesh deforms awfully in some animations. I would’ve used dryad as a base instead of the original centaur.
  • 6/10 points for animations – The base model’s animations aren’t that good, not your fault, I know, but the torso stretches in some animations and the arms bounce around independently, but I guess that isn’t really relevant since it’s hardly noticeable in game.
  • 6/10 points for skin – Totally random, but looks quite nice, the face especially.
  • 4/5 points for mechanics – Looks fantastic in game. The level of detail is just right, and the texture choice is excellent.
  • 1/5 points for effects – No particles or nice effects :( nice choice of sounds though.
  • 3/5 points for creativity – Centaur female :D
Total: 29/50

DonDustin said:
  • 14/15 for mesh - there are some parts that could have been made with less polies(example: the tail because it was´t that necessary to add so much segments to it) and the second bag for the arrows isn´t that needed as well. But it is a well done mesh.
  • 7/10 for animations - these are just the centaur archer animations but there isn´t another alternative ingame to replace them.
  • 8/10 for skin - this model shows that you made a lot of thoughts. The chosen textures for the right shoulder and arm are really creative and fit the concept very well.
  • 5/5 for mechanics - work very well ingame and I like that you used the harpy sound set for the death sound event.
  • 0/5 for effects - there are no effects :/
  • 5/5 for creativity - I like that you followed the WoW concept of a female centaur, but at the same moment you have added your personal style to it. And I think that it is also really creative that you have chosen the centaur for the contest

(29 / 2) + (39 / 2) + (8/75)*50 = 39.33

Lord_T
LiOneSS said:
  • 4/15 points for mesh – *eyes bleeding*
  • 6/10 points for animations - The walk animation could be better. The rest of them are decent.
  • 3/10 points for skin – The wrap is hideous.
  • 3/5 points for mechanics – doesn’t stick out too much, but the portrait is just… ugly.
  • 2/5 points for effects – That “jesussaves” ribbon looks fine enough :p
  • 3/5 points for creativity – Joker female, lol.
Total: 21/50

DonDustin said:
  • 12/15 for mesh - the mesh is quit nice. The only negative points I see are the belly and the face, because they could have needed some more polies, especially the face which also has some small welding problems and the arms seem tad too long.
  • 7/10 for animations - the animations are ok. The attack animations are a bit wrong because when she attacks with the left hand she should have her left leg as foothold. the walk animation looks unnatural aswell. 7/10 because you made it yourself.
  • 7/10 for skin - the textures fit well, but the weapon is a bit stredged.
  • 5/5 for mechanics - works ingame without any bugs
  • 4/5 for effects - the ribbon effect is nice and the icon is also a nice extra
  • 5/5 for creativity - I think this is really creative. Because you left the rexxar design( a ogre-orc with big muscles) and tried to go with a more agile female, human beastmaster.
Total: 40/50

(21 / 2) + (40 / 2) + (1/75)*50 = 31.17

Skrab
LiOneSS said:
  • 13/15 points for mesh – A skrab quality mesh – the level of detail is just perfect, everything is in it’s place.
  • 8/10 points for animations - aside from some minor complaints, the animations are superb. I love ‘em.
  • 8/10 points for skin – Excellent choice of textures and a perfect wrap, but I wish that skirt thing was team colored :p. But villager female face....
  • 4/5 points for mechanics – Looks great in game, blends well with other units, but the portrait looks a lil weird.
  • 0/5 points for effects – No pretty effects :(
  • 4/5 points for creativity – Pretty nice, especially the animation where she kneels. You pulled off the “female footie” idea pretty well.
Total: 37/50

DonDustin said:
  • 14/15 for mesh - there are some small parts that could have been done with less polies (example: the sword) and the neck seems to have some small welding issues but all in all it is very well done
  • 7/10 for animations - the animations are ok. The walk animation is a bit robotic and the attack animations does nt fit that much because the weapon looks more like a twohander, but stand-3 is really creative. 7/10 because it is your own work
  • 6/10 for skin - the textures fit, but the styles of them do not match perfectly. The sword and the chest look blurry. And I don´t quite understand why you used the Jaina texture for the face , when the villager woman´s one looks exactly the same + the hair would have the same color. but the skirt´s color looks nice.
  • 5/5 for mechanics - The model works ingame, but stand 3`s rarety is a bit too much(5 would be better). The model should be scaled ~ to 0.7 but that´s not a big problem.
  • 0/5 for effects - there are no effects :/
  • 4/5 for creativity - you clearly see that it is supposted to be a foot(wo-)man but you added some creative extras
Total: 36/50

(37 / 2) + (36 / 2) + (6/75)*50 = 40.5

Xatoga
LiOneSS said:
  • 4/15 points for mesh – It’s just a very simple edit.
  • 2/10 points for animations - Really, the animations are the same as on the original ogre, you just geomerged boobs+hair+frying pan on it and the decay bone is bugged.
  • 3/10 points for skin – Meh, simple edit again.
  • 2/5 points for mechanics – Looks pretty bad and it sticks out too much, fishnets, wtf?
  • 1/5 points for effects – The particles look nice, but guess what? they were on the original mode as well…
  • 3/5 points for creativity – Lol ogre female.
Total: 15/50

DonDustin said:
  • 5/15 for mesh - this is basicly just the one headed ogre with edited feet, added breasts and hair and with a replacement of the maul with a pan.
  • 6/10 for animations - these are just the generic ogre animations+ you haven´t even given the breast the correct bones.
  • 6/10 for skin - just a simple change of the ogre skin
  • 5/5 for mechanics - works ingame without a problem
  • 2/5 for effects - it has effects but these are just the generic ogre ones.
  • 2/5 for creativity - it just looks like an ogre tranny.
Total: 26/50

(15 / 2) + (26 / 2) + (7/75)*50 = 25.17

1st - Pyramidhe@d
2nd - Elenai
3rd - Skrab

Status
Not open for further replies.