• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Resizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey, I'd like someone to re-size this model for me to roughly 0.35 scale value.
I need this so I can add attachments to it without the attachments being absolutely tiny, specifically, a hero glow found here.

If you prefer to add the hero glow at a nice scale, feel free to do that instead. Perhaps that would be better.

Thanks in advance.

Level 21
This has about the same size hero glow that other heroes have when scaled down to around 0.6 in the object editor.

Attachments

• DeathwingHero.jpg
    DeathwingHero.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 123
  • Deathwing.mdx
    224.3 KB · Views: 68
Level 30
I know I'm late but I'm looking at the old threads and...

Did you know that next to unit's model size, in world editor, a field up or down there's "Scale Projectiles?" settable to true or false? If it's set to false, all projectiles, buff effects and attachments will display on 1.00 value (default), not smaller if the model size is bellow 1.00 or bigger if model size > 1.00.

Saves some time and imports :)

If the attachments don't scale down with the model, you might have to add them after the map loads via triggers.

Level 14
Yeah I tried that at first, I figured it would scale aura's and whatnot similarly. Unfortunately toggling it to false leaves attachments scaled the same.

I was thinking about using triggers to do it but then I would have to recreate the attachment when the hero died and respawned, I was just hoping that there would be someone to add a hero glow for me, I hear it's pretty easy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.