1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Model Resizing

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Faith, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Faith

Faith

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey, I'd like someone to re-size this model for me to roughly 0.35 scale value.
    I need this so I can add attachments to it without the attachments being absolutely tiny, specifically, a hero glow found here.

If you prefer to add the hero glow at a nice scale, feel free to do that instead. Perhaps that would be better.

Thanks in advance.

2. Tickles

Tickles

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This has about the same size hero glow that other heroes have when scaled down to around 0.6 in the object editor.

Attached Files:

3. Faith

Faith

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm using the alternate stand animation with a modified flying height. The hero glow you added is in the middle of the hero.

4. Tickles

Tickles

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah. This should work for the flying animations.

Attached Files:

5. Faith

Faith

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Invisible in-game!

Nevermind, it looks good. Thank you. :)

6. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I know I'm late but I'm looking at the old threads and...

Did you know that next to unit's model size, in world editor, a field up or down there's "Scale Projectiles?" settable to true or false? If it's set to false, all projectiles, buff effects and attachments will display on 1.00 value (default), not smaller if the model size is bellow 1.00 or bigger if model size > 1.00.

Saves some time and imports :)

If the attachments don't scale down with the model, you might have to add them after the map loads via triggers.

7. Faith

Faith

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah I tried that at first, I figured it would scale aura's and whatnot similarly. Unfortunately toggling it to false leaves attachments scaled the same.

I was thinking about using triggers to do it but then I would have to recreate the attachment when the hero died and respawned, I was just hoping that there would be someone to add a hero glow for me, I hear it's pretty easy. :p

8. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why don't you instead re-scale the hero glow attachment only? If I remember correctly, it uses up only 6 kbs, meaning 210 kbs free off the map :)

9. Faith

Faith

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wouldn't that be the same as just adding the hero glow to the model? I'm not reimporting the model twice. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

10. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Right, my bad, sorry x)

11. Faith

Faith

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't be sorry, thank you for the viable suggestions. :)