• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
THe fel boar is fine, you silly....gladiator?
Anywho, Pink boar? I'd like to see that in the hands of a gnome.

Level 31
Finally got around to changing out the head texture for the Owlbear. Think it looks good, though I wish I could get a good different color.

Attachments

• OwlBearModelnewHead.JPG
    OwlBearModelnewHead.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 234
Level 31
The textures look very messy. The 'quiver' at his leg is very blurry while the rest seems perfectly fine. I suggest using a bigger texture for the quiver and improve the wrap a bit.

it may be the pose, but it i got to agree with debode...
its not your fault that the texture looks like this and it might look fine ingame, but in this paose its hard to define whats what, as everything is sprayed with lots of different colors all over the body
also... why is the inner of the cloak brown?

Here's a bigger, full frontal, neutral pose picture of it.

It uses all in game textures, Militia and Bandit for the body and face, Rifleman for the cloak, Gnoll Overseer for the crossbow and quiver, and Acolyte for the scarf. Still rewrapping some parts, but I don't think the quiver can be helped really, and as morpheus said, it's not that noticeable in game, just a little extra/easter egg. Also, the cloak is brown as that's what color it is on the rifleman texture.

Attachments

• BanditCrossbowWIP2.png
    BanditCrossbowWIP2.png
    652.9 KB · Views: 293
Level 31
ah okay, i thought, as the hood is blue, that the cloak would be tced, too and thus was a bit confused..
okay, i think this is a nice edit and will even look better in motion!

The cloak is TCed on the back, but not on the inside/underside. The Rifleman's cloak is werid like that. Actually looking into switching it out for something else, like the Nelf Archer's cloak.

Level 31
More UTN plox :D

I would, but I really don't have much in the way of ideas for them. Not to mention right now I am on a fantasy kick instead of a Sci Fi kick, and so pumping alot into my Rostrod and it's new setting. So, should expect alot more Rostrod (renamed Rostrodle) stuff, along with stuff from some new nations I have created, like the Longren Empire and the former Typhian Empire.

Level 31
well if you added armor for the torso add more for the rest and she would be a combat medic

Yeah, plan to have a skirt similar to the other Rostrod units, and some leg gaurds, along with modified arm gaurds. Also probably some kind of robe on her, and she is currently armed with a modified mace from the Reverent model.

Level 2
O HELL YES.
These models are pretty good, from the pictures, but i cant tell how they work in warcraft, because i see no links.

Level 31
Sorry for the double post, but bumping this thing up again with an updated screenshot of the Rostrod(gonna be renamed Remia/Remian) Combat Medic. Think it will be finalized to something more like Healing Mage.

Pretty much just thinking about what to do with the upper thigh area now. :s

Attachments

• CombatMedicWIP2.jpg
    CombatMedicWIP2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 167
Level 31
You should just make them like leather pants. That seems to fit the best. Either way, is she going to use that Ogre mace or are you going to come up with a different weapon? Doesn't looks much like a medic at the moment.

Probably gonna keep that mace. Have this thing in my head where all healers should use either blunt instruments or staves, and since she is a combat medic she gets the latter. Also she gets some fighting capabilities, but not too strong of ones.

the medicness though is kinda implied in the hood and robe/cape/thing. Fans of the final fantasy series should recognize the design.

The pants are probably what I will do, but more linen than leather. Warcraft 3 has enough leather clad women with just the two succubi models alone.

Level 51
You should just make them like leather pants. That seems to fit the best. Either way, is she going to use that Ogre mace or are you going to come up with a different weapon? Doesn't looks much like a medic at the moment.

Need to correct you. making naked pants would look more roman. (as I guess you're going in their stile) + it is a revenant mace :ogre_icwydt:

Level 31
Need to correct you. making naked pants would look more roman. (as I guess you're going in their stile) + it is a revenant mace :ogre_icwydt:

Indeed it is, but I don't really feel like making naked legs for her, even if it's both the Roman and Warcraft 3 style. Man, thongs are popular in ancient times. :p

And on a grammar side not, delete two things from that very last sentence and you get a statement that is really disturbing. :D

Level 31
Ohh. Magic. D:
Meh, the name "Combat Medic" got me thinking you'd have bandaging animations and stuff like that. :p

And thus I point to this.

Think it will be finalized to something more like Healing Mage.

But yeah, healing caster for the Remian (formerly Rostrod, double formerly Rostrodle) race/faction. Other units will include the Legionary, Centurion, Battle Magus, Aux Archer, Aux Magnus, Equites (Equester?), Roc Rider, and some other things still in the conceptual stages.

Level 31
Meh, your Rostrodle jumped from medieval roman knights to generic fantasy roman knights rather quickly. :p
Either way, don't you think it would be pretty cool if you have a Spell Channel animation where she bandages someone? That would be pretty unique, and I'm sure you can pull it off.

Meh, they are what I make them. And it has been years since I last released anything. Also name changed to Remians.

Anyways, here is what I think the finalized appearance of the healer will be, and what the skin looks like.

EDIT/ADDENDUM: Started to work on another unit that had been on the back burner, the Auxiliaries Magnus. Gave it the Mountain Giant animations. Also a little in-game screen with a good variety of units.

Attachments

• CombatMedicWIP3.jpg
    CombatMedicWIP3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 337
  • CombatMedicSkin.jpg
    CombatMedicSkin.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 270
  • MagunAuxWIP.jpg
    MagunAuxWIP.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 363
  • UnitsScreeniePrev.jpg
    UnitsScreeniePrev.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 627
Last edited:
Level 31
Im kinda confused. When i download a model and do everything the steps tell me to do, it showed up as a green cube.
Did you save and exit WE?
What if the difference between a green and purple cube? And also, can someone send me a link to where I can download some of the things so I can model my own units? Thank you.http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/images_all/smilies/contest_smilies/vw_wft.gif
No. This is not the thread for that. There is a sticky in this subforum. Read it and don't spam my thread.

Level 12
Female Bronze Roc =P?

There's something weird in how it's positioned with the obelisk. Wouldn't it look better if you completely remove the obelisk part and lower the roc to the base's level?

Level 31

Attachments

• RemianStead.png
    RemianStead.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 269
  • RemianStead2.png
    RemianStead2.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 260
Status
Not open for further replies.