• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model not showing up (Used Retera studios)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, first off i am not experienced in modelling or editing, this is one of my first ones.
Now to the problem, i wanted to make armored grunt for the orcs, so i used thralls basic model and added animations from bandit enforcer.
Now in retera, models and animations look fine, but both in editor and in game, model does not load.
Thank you everyone for help and advice, and please bear in mind, i am noob at this, so some explaining step by step what to do might be needed.

Attachments

• ThrallShieldGrunt.mdx
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
Hey, sorry I got this marked as read somehow from my phone and forgot to come back.

You might have already figured this out. It took me all of about 10 minutes in notepad just eyeballing whatever looked like it was not right. In this case I added level of detail=0 and the detail name string for the custom geosets so that they would be formatted more similarly to the other geosets in this model. Sometimes just stuff like that can be good for making these types of things work.

upload_2021-3-11_2-18-4.png

Attachments

• ThrallShieldGrunt3.mdx
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
Level 2
Yaay, it works! Thank you so much! Just one simple question, how did you open it in notepad? I know where to go from there, but when i tried to open it, it just shows strange symbols that dont make any sense, not even words, just random things.

how did you open it in notepad

Since there are still parts of the model that Retera Model Studio understands but does not have a GUI button to modify, I made the program so that when you save the file in the File Type dropdown you can choose MDL, and then it will save to a different format that is text-based. Then you can edit whatever you want in notepad, and open it again from RMS and save it back to MDX when you are done.

It's sort of like my lazy workaround for until the program has a button for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.