• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Error in my model using RETERAS (v 0.04) - Break model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange error with RETERAS MODEL STUDIO 0.04

1. I exported the Tuskar Lancer model
2. I exported a couple of DIFFUSE and ORM
3. I edited the DIFFUSE and ORM
4. I converted them with BLP Studio (to DDS)
5. Replace textures

In Reteras it looked good (although I don't know why the team colors don't work for me).
Then when I import and use the model it looks bad, if I approach it it will be fixed. Did I miss something?

ZOOM OUT

ZoomOut_WE.PNG

ZOOM IN

ZoomIn_WE.PNG

IN RETERAS

In RETERAS.png

I attach the files.

Attachments

• NEO_Defender_Barrel_DIFFUSE.dds
    256.1 KB · Views: 19
  • NEO_Defender_Barrel_ORM.dds
    256.1 KB · Views: 20
  • NEO_Defender_Main_DIFFUSE.dds
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • NEO_Defender_Main_ORM.dds
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • Polar_Hero_Defender4.mdx
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
Level 29
Your textures don't have a valid mipmap chain. In fact they have no mipmaps at all. From what I understand the DDS converter in BLP Lab is pretty lacking and you shouldn't use it.
Instead use proper 2D software with DDS support (I believe Gimp has it natively, Photoshop needs Nvidia's plugin, and there are probably more options).
This will give you control over mipmap generation and the encoding (e.g. for main unit diffuse textures you'd generally want DXT5, but this isn't always true, and normal textures don't use DXT at all).

As to the team colors not showing in RMS for this model (and others using HD materials with SD skinning), that is a known issue which I believe(?) is fixed in the latest version...but it's somewhat hard to track right now what's the latest version :p

Status
Not open for further replies.