1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Minotaur.blp

Submitted by HerrDave
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
As requested, a Spirit-walker Tauren brute. I know the skin doesn't look like much (because it is not) but perhaps you may find a use for it?

Don't give credit, focus on your map and creativity!

Changes

-Added trim to gauntlets and shin guards
-Added contrast to body so sh** stands out
-Added leg wrappings (ropes)
-Changed tattoo color to match Taunka look
-Trimmed Beard
-Sharpened Mane
-Added loincloth

Keywords:
Frost, Wolf, Frostwolf, Clan, Tauren, Spirit, Walker, Ice, Minotaur
Contents

Frostwolf Tauren (Texture)

Reviews
18:29, 21st Jun 2014 Misha: there's gotta be something more to this than just an icy blue cousin of the Milka cow. maybe a bit of contrasting-colored fur as gauntlets and as pants? make it a bit more unique I say this is pretty unique now, no? :P
  1. 18:29, 21st Jun 2014
    Misha: there's gotta be something more to this than just an icy blue cousin of the Milka cow. maybe a bit of contrasting-colored fur as gauntlets and as pants? make it a bit more unique

I say this is pretty unique now, no? :p

2. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks you very much Herr.
    This will be useful for me!

3. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    As useful as this is, its still basically a recolor, and won't be approved.
    I'd suggest giving him more fur on his back, some on his forearms, possibly some fur trousers, and maybe a new design for the totem? That way this'd definitely get accepted.

And hopefully it does, this has a ton of uses.

4. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is very useful. Definitely could be used as a Taunka.

5. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I like this skin just as it is right now. A light blue tauren will really be useful to many people.

6. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think he didn't exactly recolor it either, he selected it and played with the balance colors, thus that means he filtered the skin, which is also unacceptable.
    So yeah HerrDave, I'm sorry, but this is far too simply to make and generally not accepted in THW. The person who requested it could still use it though.

7. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Be that as it may, I tell you I am a user of gimp. So tell me, how would I go about fully re-skinning when one of my most useful tools is locked away from me?

The skin is supposed to be simple, that is what was requested of me. If you want any specific changes than by all means do as Vermillion did and speak up! Bollocks on a biscuit, man.

I know it doesn't look great, I made the damn thing :D But make suggestions and so on that'll help the model stay on, as opposed to just up and saying 'This sucks, it'll be gone by dawn.'

8. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think it looks fine, but it doesn't fit the skin section standards.

Just use the pencil/paintbrush tools, look up a few videos on those kinda things, and try implementing the changes I suggested. I'd love to see this get approved, it just needs a few things before that can happen.

9. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I've already done as you suggested, and you have some fine tastes my friend, it turned out quite bloody well! I'm just polishing off the screenshot to upload now.

10. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    just wondering.. who on earth gave blizzard the idea to put blue cows in the game? o_O (so to say)

anyway.. this tauren should really have different feel to it, and not just like dipped in blue paint.. maybe a lill more along spiritual nature of the spirit walkers

11. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    You have a whole 2D art section for that, man!CLICK MEH MEH TOO(Personally, I mostly like the tutorial of Mr.Goblin as he covers a wide range of necessary skills).
    There are tutorials, suggestions, rules, which you need to learn/know before doing a skin. I've personally found it more time consuming to make a decent skin than a model, and I've been around a long time to test everything.
    I thought you've been through the forums before posting the skin, thus found it sufficient to only mention it that it's unacceptable, by Hive standards.
    Making skins takes artistic skills and a considerate amount of time on your hands, I know this, for I too have posted 'lame' skins. (I even tried hard at reskining some of them, I guess I simply suck in art).
    Oh and psst, why use gimp when you can use Photoshop?, I find gimp unnecessarily complicating.

12. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Point taken and well spoken. I see what you mean with the skinning and modeling as well. I use Gimp 2 because 'tis the poor man's photoshop. Also I am a stubborn brick of a sod so changing what I'm using is as hard as swimming through an Olympic pool of honey.

Thanks for the links as well, Knight26, long may your name and deeds be sung of far and wide.

13. Avex

Avex

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can we get a Spirit Walker in regular tauren fur too?

14. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'll see what I can do, m'lord.

15. Avex

Avex

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Take your time, I just thought it'd give you an idea. :thumbs_up:

16. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm, odd.. oO i just checked spirit walker, and they don't have anything on them except a small TC cloth with feathers.. and it looks like they got feathers glued on their back as well Oo

mhm.. maybe a small vest of leather and feathers, and more decency on your tauren, eh? :p xD

17. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, who doesn't want to strut around half-naked completely open to but not limited to bludgeoning, scraping, chafing, burning, chemical burning, falling up, hunchback, lazy-eye, flat tires, flat chest, low blood sugar, unusually high blood sugar, orcs that'll attack you for your jewelry, random combustion, unfortunate sinkholes, etc etc.

18. Love Seeker

Love Seeker

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @knight27 : Don't say others hurts by you. This was said by Hayate(Herrdave's best friend)

EDIT : And if this was recolor Herrdave already made Doom Guard and Razormane Taurens! So I must say this is not recolor.

19. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I did? ('-')