• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-mapping contest #9 : Cinematic OR Farming

Select your choice for Mini-Mapping contest #9

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
So to begin the next mini-mapping contest fellow forumers please vote on one of the following ideas:

1.Cinematic - Users will recieve a unique piece of terrain (and possibly a tiny part of a cinematic). Over this first piece of the puzzle they will have to figure out their own story on how to make an epic cinematic with the given template.

2.Farming According to this topic
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-submission-233/mini-mapping-contest-farming-223222/
users have to create a game where the main goal must be focused on gathering a material,resourse,some extraordinary (or ordinary) items, and anything users can interpretate as 'Farming'. Extending the Farming options to more than just cows and gathering crops as the original topic author states.

p.s. ugly topic but thats my best.

Level 14
Damn I voted cinematic by mistake...

What you said made me wonder. What would be unique about the contest then? If you don't even have to follow the given template?

Contest description : Create a cinematic ?

Level 21
Cinematic sounds really confusing if it's based on pre-made material. Judging criteria would have to be changed to suit it either way.

I'm voting for farming, because resource collection maps would be a lot more fun to play than watching cinematics.

I voted for cinematic.
Oh and yeh It would be great if the fitting theme for it would have a part of the cinematic already made and the contestant would need to use the scene. Of course with the scene being altered with the terrain although will have to keep in tact with the idea of the scene and the dialog being unchanged for it. Therefore contestants will be at fair game with what could happen and see what inspirations could come from such small things. Anyway I think that I said most of this after the results of the last contest.

Level 14
Its 12-16 now (my vote fixed). I'd say make it the vote winner, and the next contest - a cinematic one. I have ideas for both and in the end will mess them up both.

How about a cinematic about some sort of farming aka. gathering stuff. I can already seem myself making a cinematic about a work day of the Reapper gathering souls from diffrent points of the world.

Level 18
Farming sounds easier and more accessible to me. In the other hand I don't know anything about cinematic.

Edit: Ups I thought that farming was more alike RPG games were you can farm many types of resources (food, leather, metals, etc)....
I would like that farming could be extended to that meaning, adding mining as a possible variation of the theme.

Level 14
In the farming contest discussion, we already decided that any map could be acceptable that revolves around gathering material. Either RPG or RTS or some funmap.

Quite equal polls, but it would be great if we launched one of the contests, and 18/9 people would immediately join.

Status
Not open for further replies.