• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minas Tirith

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map is about Minas Tirith. All players have to help each other to defend Minas Tirith and tried to kill the Witch-king. There are 7 players : Theoden and Rohan, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Eowyn, and Merry.

*[N]ir[V]ana is my name that I use when I play on battlenet
*This is the first map that I post it on this website.
*I'm Thai and my grammar is kind of suck. If there are any errors just tell me and I'm gonna fix it.

CREDIT

*Thanks to olofmoleman, Wandering Soul, CloudWolf, Norinrad, HappyTauren, Callahan, Tranquil, Pike, Uncle Fester, and wingednosering for the models
*The Minimap image is from Lord of the ring Album by Howard shore
*http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net for most of the Trigger
*www.hiveworkshop.com

Thank you!

Keywords:
Lord of the rings, War, Defense, Minas Tirith, Adventure, Action.
Contents

Minas Tirith (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Sep/30 13:26:10 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Reasons: Memory Leaks are not destroyed: Leaks tutorial The triggers are inefficient: Triggering Tutorials Other: Comment: [Rejected] Pan the...
Level 5
First of all, this map really reminds me on Return of the King map.
Well, Gothmog... that thing you gave him 2 passive aura(unholy aura and endurance aura) isn't fitting at all. Replace 1 aura with other ability.
The some stuffs are very reckless: trolls are imbalance too strong with hero armor and i don't know why you added to them undead classification. Rohirrim must be stronger at least bigger hp if they got light armor. And why a gondor soldier and an troll have same height? Add to every cinematics when they finish camera order to remake standard view, also there is a bad sentence by gandy: "You are fool Denethor", and not "Your fool Denethor" . Change Theoden and Eomer movement speed 320 from 270(beacuse they are riding). Delete ground texture on Trebuchet and enable only 1 attack and not 2 also at orc catapult. Mordor units have reaserch levels so give reaserech levels also to every gondor units or delete reasearch levels and set by yourself the damage numbers at every unit types. And that unlogicaly damage and armor type giving, fix it example why you gave to pikeman pierce when mordor hasnt unit which it against pikeman is useful etc...
And make to reaserached defend ability if you would added it to units.

I suggest to use Wandering Soul's cool model instead of custom skin used and warcraft looked models at Gondor army then use on them CW's LOTR skins(and for lower filesize). At mordor army use bandit models as base then use Stanakin's Mordor Orc skin plus use reign of chaos orc catapult as mordor catapults and not actually meat wagon... Same thinking about Aragorn and Gimli models , use Hueters skins and fix potrait of Legolas.

The terrain is almost nothing. Make more detailed terrain add more trees, shrubs flowers bushes etc. and minas tirith also make it detailed( its a big city) there you could add effect by triggers example mordor units reaching a region make fires in houses Pelennor Field is used in lore as agricultural area and not just an empty field like in movie. if you used cliff based terrain do not make that 2 other tiles of cliff meeting, it's kinda weird. And if you will still used cliffs , "fix ugly ramps".
Dark green player name correct as: Mordor and Harad or Mordor and Haradrims. Oh, and some waves are buggy, they go from Minas Morgul, through Osgiliath but they stopping at Gothmog and return to Minas Morgul always like a patrol.

And remember, try to make balancer the playing and some parts of should be making harder bit(aragorn's way). If you still working on it you can make a good map. And always give credit.

Level 2
Thank you

First of all, this map really reminds me on Return of the King map.
Well, Gothmog... that thing you gave him 2 passive aura(unholy aura and endurance aura) isn't fitting at all. Replace 1 aura with other ability.
The some stuffs are very reckless: trolls are imbalance too strong with hero armor and i don't know why you added to them undead classification. Rohirrim must be stronger at least bigger hp if they got light armor. And why a gondor soldier and an troll have same height? Add to every cinematics when they finish camera order to remake standard view, also there is a bad sentence by gandy: "You are fool Denethor", and not "Your fool Denethor" . Change Theoden and Eomer movement speed 320 from 270(beacuse they are riding). Delete ground texture on Trebuchet and enable only 1 attack and not 2 also at orc catapult. Mordor units have reaserch levels so give reaserech levels also to every gondor units or delete reasearch levels and set by yourself the damage numbers at every unit types. And that unlogicaly damage and armor type giving, fix it example why you gave to pikeman pierce when mordor hasnt unit which it against pikeman is useful etc...
And make to reaserached defend ability if you would added it to units.

I suggest to use Wandering Soul's cool model instead of custom skin used and warcraft looked models at Gondor army then use on them CW's LOTR skins(and for lower filesize). At mordor army use bandit models as base then use Stanakin's Mordor Orc skin plus use reign of chaos orc catapult as mordor catapults and not actually meat wagon... Same thinking about Aragorn and Gimli models , use Hueters skins and fix potrait of Legolas.

The terrain is almost nothing. Make more detailed terrain add more trees, shrubs flowers bushes etc. and minas tirith also make it detailed( its a big city) there you could add effect by triggers example mordor units reaching a region make fires in houses Pelennor Field is used in lore as agricultural area and not just an empty field like in movie. if you used cliff based terrain do not make that 2 other tiles of cliff meeting, it's kinda weird. And if you will still used cliffs , "fix ugly ramps".
Dark green player name correct as: Mordor and Harad or Mordor and Haradrims. Oh, and some waves are buggy, they go from Minas Morgul, through Osgiliath but they stopping at Gothmog and return to Minas Morgul always like a patrol.

And remember, try to make balancer the playing and some parts of should be making harder bit(aragorn's way). If you still working on it you can make a good map. And always give credit.

First of all I have to say sorry that this map is kinda suck ,but actually it just the first map that I created and post it on website ,so I'm new on creating map. Thank you for those advice, it help me improve a lot! (If you have more comment or advice plz tell me more!):ogre_haosis:

Level 1
hey this map is very good, i mean u said that it is the first map you uploaded to the internet and i think for that it is very good.

i agree with horselord that the way of aragorn is much too easy u should make it longer and more difficult.
the enviroment is very beautiful around rohan but the rest is not such good and more plants and bushes would really make it look more real.
maybe you can solve the problem with the units going back to minas morgul by setting them not to be played by the computer but by nobody, but i am not sure if its gonna work or not :D
as horselord already said i would change the olog-hai to be much bigger than the gondorian units.
i think that the models look very good, so compliment to all the editors and to you to choose them so well :) but i dont know why but i dont like the hobbits model file and merry looks nearly as big as eowyn.

so i suppose this map to be even better after you follow the advices of horselord. i really like it although i am not the best one playing a hero and fight.
i wish the best for you and the map and i hope to see the better one soon!

Level 5
Well, on the attached pictures I signed the errors which should be fixed like ugly ramp and tile meetings etc.
And also there is a screenshoot where i puted the models and skins what about I said, plus some extra example for eowyn and minas tirith citadel,troll etc. (just 3-4 models/skins are not avaiable on hive if you do want them pm me)

Anyway, if you would like you can learn about terraining with tutorials and check blizzard made terrains in campaigns. And I think would be better if the islands at center-right where are the corsairs you make them with rolling shore technique as blizzard did in demo campaign(without cliffs at water only using cliffs for mountains, trust me, it will looks better and you can use any tile texture unlimited, not as cliff terrain).

Attachments

• minastirithscreenshot1.jpg
    minastirithscreenshot1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,030
  • minastirithscreenshot2.jpg
    minastirithscreenshot2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 468
  • minastirithscreenshot3.jpg
    minastirithscreenshot3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 420
  • minastirithscreenshot4.jpg
    minastirithscreenshot4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 353
  • lotr models.jpg
    lotr models.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,664
  • minastirithscreenshot5.jpg
    minastirithscreenshot5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 402
Level 1
i think you should use your own models fothe map puridetmom! especially for gandalf, in the movie he rides a horse too, so you chose the right model for my taste! just the hobbits not :D i prefer horselords models to yours

Level 5
Oh really and 1 more thing. I checked imported things and I saw, the Gimli and Aragorn models what you used takes together(Trollbane and Dwarf Thane model), over 800 kb. It's little bigger 1/3 size of the map, mainly of that I suggest switch these models.