• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[HD/Modeling] Minas Tirith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hey,
I am looking for an accurate 3D model of Minas Tirith which looks exactly like in the movie or at least a good reference and usable models for Warcraft.

Most Minas Tirith maps (including my own) do not have a correct representation of the city: Search Results for Query: Minas Tirith | HIVE
I think none of them even has the 7 rings.

I can look at miniatures online like:
Or watch the movie multiple times but a 3D model as reference would be the best which I can use freely or I have to buy a miniature myself. If there would be a 3D model which could be imported into Warcraft this would be the easiest way since it is much harder to place Doodads with terraining and cliffs to make it look like the city. Even an empty version without all buildings would be useful.
The only big model I find on this website is: Castle

The disadvantage of using a big model is that I cannot use parts of the city as destructables or units or set animations of parts.

Models to be used to create the city are:
However, there is no tower model which looks like the towers of the walls of Minas Tirith.
There is no gate model which looks like the gate of Minas Tirith and there is no citadel model. I have some basic Blender skills, so maybe I will have to create some wall pieces/gate myself :/

It would also help to find the most accurate version in an existing Warcraft map.

I also like images like https://thefandomentals.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/siege06.jpg or maps. In this image I can see where the river and the harbour is in the move and that there is a road from the harbor. So a complete map etc. would also be helpful. I don't think that I want to include Osgiliath but it helps to know from there the Orc army attacks and where the harbour is, where the Rohirim exactly start their attack and where the Haradrim/Mumakil come.

I am trying to make it closer to the movie.

Level 21

does this help?

Level 25
It looks good but it has no textures and I don't know how to export it to blender/Warcraft. Since I didn't find a model with complete textures I am thinking about doing it with Doodads:
MinasTirithDoodads.PNG

I am using the Gondorian wall to create the rings and the towers so maybe this is still better than nothing.
I am wondering why there is no Minas Tirith map which really features the rings and towers. All I did find were attempts with some basic cliffs.

Models for buildings, the citadel tower and the citadel etc. would still be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.