• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metastasis

Metastasis
In a research sector of the United Security Initiative known only as 198X2, a group of scientists and station personnel are assaulted by an unknown threat. As their colleagues die one by one, they must fight to survive and figure out who is doing this to them, and how to stop it.

The Game
Metastasis is best described as a survival game. At the start, one or several players will be secretly selected as your opponents. You will be placed within a space station in the sector 198X2 and must figure out who is the enemy, and kill him before he kills you and your fellow humans.

Depending on the number of players in the game, there will be one or several enemies.
1-4 players: A lone enemy, who will either be a former researcher mutating rapidly into a cunning adversary, or an alien organism killing off station workers for unknown reasons.
5-9 players: Both the mutant and the alien work to kill your team as well as each other. Only one side can stand victorious.
10-12 players: The mutant and the alien are once again your adversaries, but rumors abound of a cold, metallic killer waiting to rise and annihilate every living thing in the sector.

Humans
To aid you in your fight, you have a myriad of station resources and your own education to assist you.
Being a research group in a theoretically dangerous sector, stations are equipped with state of the art military supplies, including many types of combat suits of varying abilities. You have been trained to use these suits, albeit only against the organisms on the local planet. No doubt you can adapt them to perform other, more murderous tasks. There is also an assortment of defensive and offensive weaponry, from stationary turrets and force shield generators to grenades and mighty fusion bombs.
You also carry your life experience and career with you. There are nine possible careers assigned to you at the beginning of the game, from researchers with various doctorates to a visiting captain of the battlecruiser Swagger to the lowly local janitor. Each career provides a unique benefit and alters your initial equipment and monetary income.

Enemies
The mutant and alien both have strong physical capabilities. Each is capable of overpowering an unequipped human easily. However, they are alone, and hate each other as much as they hate humans. The mutant and the alien both sport an ever changing genetic code- within the span of mere hours they can change their physical and mental makeup drastically. As the game goes on, each will slowly evolve into more powerful forms. Eliminating them early will prevent them from overpowering you with massive strength, dominant mental abilities, or swarms of minion-like organisms.

Infection
The mutant has the ability to evolve a infectious called a prion. By weakening the human body, the prion eventually forces a genetic change in the host, altering it to serve the original mutant and take its form.
The alien also has a similar parasitic microorganism it launches into humans, slowly weakening them and eventually eating them away. By doing so, the parasite grows into a facsimile of the original alien, while retaining traces of the infectee's personality, though twisted into serving the alien leader.

Stations
Featured in the sector are four space stations and a planet situated around a single star. Each station has unique capabilities and can be visited at any time by using one of several types of spaceships or escape pods. The largest station is the U.S.I. Queen Niffy, which boasts a large infrastructure and fleet of spaceships, as well as many curious research labs dedicated to the sector. Other stations include the Arbitress, an advanced sensors station, the Kyo Station, which is a container for the experimental Kyo Cannon spatial artillery platform, an old unused station now scheduled for demolition. These are all situated around the orbit of the local planet Minertha, a terraformed but as yet uncolonized planet. A small military station was set up some time ago, but no one currently occupies it.
A battlecruiser from the U.S.I. fleet is also currently visiting the sector.

Credits
An extensive list of credits for the artwork featured in the game can be found within the F9 menu of the game. Special thanks needs to be given to to Clan Sirs, Catar, DarkLink_Rper, EnragedBullfrog, OmeedESF, Mooglefrooglian, mrzwach, lorg, Aenir, Scruffymurphy, Jarkill, InfernoInfernal, and especially Kodua.

UPDATE (1.8.2):
-See changelog at http://thegoodsirs.net
I don't even anymore

Keywords:
parasite, who'sthealien, mystery, alien, mutant, space
Contents

Metastasis (Map)

Reviews
00:56, 30th Jul 2009 Linaze: Lacks a proper description.
Level 4
That software box is flawed! The logo is too low quality, it should be Games for Windows Live, and Meta would be rated T, since online content is not rated and therefore not included. Else anything with any internet capability is instantly AO.

Level 12
Propably cell_destroyer and Lobisomen.

Edit: Catar, you said it would be better if I taken my ideas to the forum. And you know something? IT IS NOT. Everybody just said my system was a fail/tking is fun. And you did nothing about it. What about that topic, "You hear this a lot... Team Killers?" CAN YOU POST ON IT FOR GOD SAKE? ._.

Level 13
Propably cell_destroyer and Lobisomen.

Edit: Catar, you said it would be better if I taken my ideas to the forum. And you know something? IT IS NOT. Everybody just said my system was a fail/tking is fun. And you did nothing about it. What about that topic, "You hear this a lot... Team Killers?" CAN YOU POST ON IT FOR GOD SAKE? ._.

No TKing system is (as of yet) useful, that means the cons outweigh the pros.

Level 4
I'm sorry, I've been really, really busy lately. I'll get to it eventually.

And more importantly, Fel makes the call on what goes in the map, not me.

Level 1
One of the best maps for W3TFT I've ever seen, 5/5. But it's unfriendly to new players, because many people don't like to read info, especially when their English is poor. So i have to play with my three friends, and this is very fun. By the way, I saw a bug or something like that, if alien evolve when he controls the ship or station, it stays under his control even when he uses another station or ship. It's very useful, no doubt, but maybe not fair )

Level 2
Personally i think that this map is awesome, with perhaps more terrain refining and additional triggers/events can be added to enhance gameplay. I figured that this map is awesome for rp as well, with elements you dont like in other games like this. I also particularly like the space theme, but further refinement can be introduced into the models, and stuff. Perhaps certain factors can be included in the gameplay? But all in all, its 2 thumbs up, 5/5.

Level 27
Actually he's right about few parts. Like that huge room in Niffy that looks like a bunch of generators and glows. I understand it should look like giant super computer, but maybe you should ask more unique parts to every space station and imporve some of really empty/weird looking places?

Level 27
I have a new special event idea. So if you found who's mutant and alien, you can call for reinforcements from the one of space stations. Then the Exterminator cruiser will come and will start destroying all of the stations since, well, nobody would survive and the top-secret experoment would stay secret forever. But you can allways kill all the crew and take the ship for yourself, which is as powerful or even more powerful than Arbitress.

Level 2
This map is pure sex. I just wish people played it on Garena or Battle.net. I can never find servers on US East or Europe.

Level 27
Okay, I've got bugs to report!
-Firstly, you can teleport consoles with teleportation device. Or at least only that console on the moonlike planet.
-I press upgrade explorer vessel on that same factory and nothing happens. Altough other two commands seem to work.
-I threw wrench at pacificator bot and looks like he got stunned... forever?!

Level 12
I'm gonna quote your bugs to Metastasis Forum. And

First one is not a bug. It is meant to work like that.

Second: Nay. But I'll post the doubt.

Third: That's a bug. A big bug. So big and abusable that I gotta pm FelFox. You can't post abusable bugs on the bug report forums. Are you sure that instead of being stunned forever, he was actually shut off by power routering? Cause paci bot works only when labs power is activated.

Level 27
Well, I used wrench on him, he got stunned and that stunned buff staied for unbelieveable amount of time. I've traveled from Niffy to Kyo and back and it still was buffed with it. But I also threw it into one of those Sluggy mutants and it was stunned for a short, normal period.

Oh, one more bug. Looks like thos mutant sluggies (those that mutate after the random event) can someway get inside of hunter rocket or something. I was playing singleplayer to find more secrets amd used iseedeadpeople cheat, and after the evnt, I noticed one of slug monsters attacking hunter's vendors. Is that intended to be this way?!

And actually teleporting consoles is weird.
Oh, seriously, that raptor upgrade doesn't wrk, I ried again with Raptor landed on a planet and nothing happened.

Level 12
You can tele consoles so they go to a more safe place. That's what the moderators told me. TwistedImage, create a metastasis forum account, talk with them, THEN judge me.

Edit: You're not that addict if you don't even have a account there.

Level 13
I have a Metastasis forum account.

I also have the most posts on the Metastasis forums.

I currently have 9 rep points AKA 2 rep power; you can check this by giving me 1 rep and seeing the change from unknown quantity and distinguished path by mousing over the green square.

How distrustful you are. >_>

Level 27
Kun, thats actually a bad idea becuace teleporting consoles in, firstly, odd and not logical, how can you control a console on Niffy station from Errum? Its weird and if you can tele-control a console from another planet/station, why don'y you make a huge centralized console to control everything, then?!
Oh, and its not as safe as you say, there might be a lot of enemies in Niffy's tech room becuace it has lots of useful things that may lure the alien/mutant/insane newbie.

Level 12
Then you're really inactive these past days. Well, when a guy named Jarkill (I think it was him) pointed that out, no one said to remove it. Instead, they just said what I said: It could be tele to niffy tech room. This is not my opinion, I'm just neutral with it. I don't care for that. Tleno, you'd better make a account in metastasis forums and create a thread there about this yourself, since you don't believe me.

Level 4
Because post count definitely means something.

(also, Mr. TwistedImage, I don't think you're Mrzwach, Addict, or Megapwn. And thus not in the top three of most posts. Nice try.)