• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metastasis

Metastasis
In a research sector of the United Security Initiative known only as 198X2, a group of scientists and station personnel are assaulted by an unknown threat. As their colleagues die one by one, they must fight to survive and figure out who is doing this to them, and how to stop it.

The Game
Metastasis is best described as a survival game. At the start, one or several players will be secretly selected as your opponents. You will be placed within a space station in the sector 198X2 and must figure out who is the enemy, and kill him before he kills you and your fellow humans.

Depending on the number of players in the game, there will be one or several enemies.
1-4 players: A lone enemy, who will either be a former researcher mutating rapidly into a cunning adversary, or an alien organism killing off station workers for unknown reasons.
5-9 players: Both the mutant and the alien work to kill your team as well as each other. Only one side can stand victorious.
10-12 players: The mutant and the alien are once again your adversaries, but rumors abound of a cold, metallic killer waiting to rise and annihilate every living thing in the sector.

Humans
To aid you in your fight, you have a myriad of station resources and your own education to assist you.
Being a research group in a theoretically dangerous sector, stations are equipped with state of the art military supplies, including many types of combat suits of varying abilities. You have been trained to use these suits, albeit only against the organisms on the local planet. No doubt you can adapt them to perform other, more murderous tasks. There is also an assortment of defensive and offensive weaponry, from stationary turrets and force shield generators to grenades and mighty fusion bombs.
You also carry your life experience and career with you. There are nine possible careers assigned to you at the beginning of the game, from researchers with various doctorates to a visiting captain of the battlecruiser Swagger to the lowly local janitor. Each career provides a unique benefit and alters your initial equipment and monetary income.

Enemies
The mutant and alien both have strong physical capabilities. Each is capable of overpowering an unequipped human easily. However, they are alone, and hate each other as much as they hate humans. The mutant and the alien both sport an ever changing genetic code- within the span of mere hours they can change their physical and mental makeup drastically. As the game goes on, each will slowly evolve into more powerful forms. Eliminating them early will prevent them from overpowering you with massive strength, dominant mental abilities, or swarms of minion-like organisms.

Infection
The mutant has the ability to evolve a infectious called a prion. By weakening the human body, the prion eventually forces a genetic change in the host, altering it to serve the original mutant and take its form.
The alien also has a similar parasitic microorganism it launches into humans, slowly weakening them and eventually eating them away. By doing so, the parasite grows into a facsimile of the original alien, while retaining traces of the infectee's personality, though twisted into serving the alien leader.

Stations
Featured in the sector are four space stations and a planet situated around a single star. Each station has unique capabilities and can be visited at any time by using one of several types of spaceships or escape pods. The largest station is the U.S.I. Queen Niffy, which boasts a large infrastructure and fleet of spaceships, as well as many curious research labs dedicated to the sector. Other stations include the Arbitress, an advanced sensors station, the Kyo Station, which is a container for the experimental Kyo Cannon spatial artillery platform, an old unused station now scheduled for demolition. These are all situated around the orbit of the local planet Minertha, a terraformed but as yet uncolonized planet. A small military station was set up some time ago, but no one currently occupies it.
A battlecruiser from the U.S.I. fleet is also currently visiting the sector.

Credits
An extensive list of credits for the artwork featured in the game can be found within the F9 menu of the game. Special thanks needs to be given to to Clan Sirs, Catar, DarkLink_Rper, EnragedBullfrog, OmeedESF, Mooglefrooglian, mrzwach, lorg, Aenir, Scruffymurphy, Jarkill, InfernoInfernal, and especially Kodua.

UPDATE (1.8.2):
-See changelog at http://thegoodsirs.net
I don't even anymore

Keywords:
parasite, who'sthealien, mystery, alien, mutant, space
Contents

Metastasis (Map)

Reviews
00:56, 30th Jul 2009 Linaze: Lacks a proper description.

mib

mib

Level 2
o_O found a small bug... i was on pirate ship with a friend i was mutant i think.. we destroyed console and gone back to ship we started docking out when it was 8 seconds till the pirate ship blows up.. and our ship got out of the pirate ship and it was destroyed from inside but not from outside my friend died so did i but i could still talk normaly and everything but i didnt have my hero wtf?

Level 1
If you're needing to cancel spells when you're evolving, the chances are that you're evolving in a bad location and shouldn't be there. The situation is unlikely.
And if you are canceling a heal type spell to be used on yourself? Or are canceling a ship effect? Because a situation is unlikely, doesnt mean it shouldn't be ****ing fixed. When Microsoft finds a bug in a rarely used part of Windows that can be exploited for viruses and ****, they dont just leave it there, they fix it.

Camping in a ship is easy to solve, you can just kill the ship. As for part two, prove it.
Being attacked by a ship is easy to solve: run away, fight back, or dock somewhere. Also, try climbing on the waterfall in the top right of the planet.

All I can really respond here is that if you don't like the game, don't play it. Nothing stopping you.
Actually, it annoys me that the below 70 IQ fanbase of Metastasis is invading other forums (like COM forums, which I guess I care about) and pissing me off with their stupidity. Did I ever tell you about Snow-Shoe-Rabbit? He is a devoted Metastasis player who's 10 and thinks that Russia is a third world country and knows nothing about the world outside of the USA. He ADDED ME FOR SOME REASON and then annoyed me with his constant /f ms asking his braindead friends to play the cancer with them. I eventually got off his friend list by cussing him off, after all else failed. That gives you a nice idea about the Metastasis fanbase.

Cash ID system was removed precisely because of TKing. Next time you complain, play the game first.

You still didnt respond to the other portion of my message. Also, why the **** would I play this game? If you played a ****ty map, lets say Digimon ORPG, realized it was ****ty, and then a month later the creator tells you that the game is better, would you play it again?

Last edited by a moderator:
to be honest oops_ur_dead there is nothing wrong with being unintelligent, and if they are ten then what do you expect?

anyway about the ship being atack retaliating running and docking. Docking is no longer a real solution as ships can be attacked when they are docked.
ofcourse this leaves the matter of when you retaliate: chances are more than one person will attack you if any as only noobs will attack you for no reason, in witch case they will be attacked themselves for an attempt at random tk.

ofcource you could then board them and kill them 1v1 however if you do so it's hardly camping in your ship as you arn't in your ship anymore, your in someone elses and beside in a 1v1 you could easliy get killed yourself, or maybe 2 or 3 people are on that ship and will kill you.

i decided i am going to try and anwer all your complaints even if catar has already incase his is not 'good enough' in your opinion.
the 'press esc to evolve' complaint, a game is totally unlike microsoft i mean why would the game cause a virus? and if you where going to heal yourselve/cast spell then why would you press esc? you would cast the spell and then press esc simple.

the one armour and attack type complaint (yes i know you wherent the one you origionally made this complaint but you agreed with it so i count it as yours and bwshunters complaint), as catar said it means that it's not confusing to new players i mean on the odd occasion i tech new players about the game and how to play it well, if there where lots of differant attack types then if would take them around 5x as long to lern how to play it well. I am also gonna link this to the strategy complaint. there is actually quite a bit of stategy as their is: choice of suit for battle, if the opponants suit is good against your then you are at a statigical disadvantage. Item setup: you might have medical nanobots, possibly more than opponant however fewer grenades as an example, this will mean you will last longer in the fight but you will need to aim well with the grenades you have.

that is all i will answer for now.

Level 1
to be honest oops_ur_dead there is nothing wrong with being unintelligent, and if they are ten then what do you expect?
Theres nothing wrong with being unintelligent, as long as they dont share their unintelligence with others and annoy them with it. And I expect more from a 10 year old than adding me for bashing his favorite map, especially if he claims to have skipped 2 grades.

anyway about the ship being atack retaliating running and docking. Docking is no longer a real solution as ships can be attacked when they are docked.
There is a little used ability called "Move". It is very useful if used correctly, and is a great part of many strategies across many different maps.
ofcourse this leaves the matter of when you retaliate: chances are more than one person will attack you if any as only noobs will attack you for no reason, in witch case they will be attacked themselves for an attempt at random tk.
What are you talking about?

ofcource you could then board them and kill them 1v1 however if you do so it's hardly camping in your ship as you arn't in your ship anymore, your in someone elses and beside in a 1v1 you could easliy get killed yourself, or maybe 2 or 3 people are on that ship and will kill you.
Again, you should one day try using the ability "Move", I heard it may even work on units that aren't your soldier, such as spaceships!

the 'press esc to evolve' complaint, a game is totally unlike microsoft i mean why would the game cause a virus? and if you where going to heal yourselve/cast spell then why would you press esc? you would cast the spell and then press esc simple.
You are stupid. I was using a comparison. Also, not fixing something because it is not likely to happen is stupid. If you live in a desert and you find a leak in the house that could flood the basement if there was any rain whatsoever, would you leave it there?

the one armour and attack type complaint (yes i know you wherent the one you origionally made this complaint but you agreed with it so i count it as yours and bwshunters complaint), as catar said it means that it's not confusing to new players
If players dont understand armour and attack types, they dont deserve to play ANY WC3 map, because almost all of them involve attack types of some sort. That being said, unless they are new to WC3 and not Metastasis (and in this case they should not be introduced to Metastasis, they might think that Bnet's quality is far lower than it actually is) they will already be familiar with attack types.

if there where lots of differant attack types then if would take them around 5x as long to lern how to play it well.
That is a good thing. If a game has a very small learning curve, then it gets boring because you quickly learn everything there is to it.

if the opponants suit is good against your then you are at a statigical disadvantage.
And how can a suit be at any kind of a disadvantage to another when they all deal the same damage to oneanother?

Item setup: you might have medical nanobots, possibly more than opponant however fewer grenades as an example, this will mean you will last longer in the fight but you will need to aim well with the grenades you have.
You call having more of one item than the other person a strategy? No, a strategy is a combination of abilities and items that work well together. In Metastasis these hardly exist. And the grenade doesn't count, it is a lazy implementation of a "strategy" item. In Metastasis most people dont even wear suits, they just fill up on grenades and nanobots and run from everything they see. Thats not strategy. Its lazy.

look, i'monly tryng to help catar get the message to you.

and technically the 'move' is a command not an ability. as people genrally use raptors with a turbo ability trying to move away isn't going to be much use, instead you would use the turbo ability instead, if you couldn't then you could only run or retaliate really.

oh and you didn't understand when i talked about when people attack you in the first place/

well let me put it this way:
People start to attack your ship, do they have reason?
if no then they are noobs and other players who ar sensible will try and kill them due to tem trying to kill you for no reason.

But if they do have a reason witch is valid then chances are many players are trying to kill you, such reasons are that you are a spawn/alien/mutant
you yourself are a tk'er therefore should be killed to prevent further tk.
they are the alien/mutant/spawn and you are human therefore it is their objective to kill you.

about the armour and attack types, i agree that people who dont understand them are seriously stupid. however if they where to add them to matastasis it would be setup differantly so it would take longer to ge the hang of. think of it this way:
when you first started warcraft did you know the armour and attack types effects?
well it would be like that in metastasis - they are differant therefor you need to familurise yourself with them. this problem no longer persists lateer and yes you would prefer more attack types, as would i but knew players wouldn't.

but yes i agree personally with this arguement of not enough attack/armour types.

now whats next? oh yea the 'press esc button to evolve' one again, i think you comparisions are way to drastic like your last one a virus - odviously i wouldn't leave that
or the basement flooding - again i wouldn't leave it.
but it seems that you cannot understand the minority of this problem, as you think it is so major then i simply must assume that you yourself did it in combat and died because of it.
in witch case you simply did something very stupid. useually, pressing esc's worst conciquence if used correctly (not in fight or some other sitution) is that yhou have wasted some of your time, nothing more nothing less.

and suprisinly yes suits are good agsinst others regardless of only one attack type, long range ones are genrally good agaisnt shor range howeveer this is only the case if you have stimpacks to run when they are close, also some suits are better in 2v1 then 1v1 for example cyo suits, they freeze mor people therefor making it's overall performance better, orcource you would still lose the fight as the most likely outcome but it's fact nontheless.

and as you last part no i dont call having more of one item then the opponnt a stategy however like you where i was useing an example of it, and their are some regardless of how few items that go wel with suits, such as any long range suit with stim packs, allows you to keep your distance from short ranged opponants. low armour suits (are there any in this game cos i dont know to be honest) need medical nanos to keep them alive, the same with low hp alien/mutant/spawn. this can also be said for short range suits so that they can maintain most of their hitpoints when they get to attack their opponant counter acting their opponants initgial hp advantage.

when you really think about it there are actually quite a few good suit/item combinations. you just need to think on it longer.

Level 4
Tank-Commander, I appreciate you trying to help, but oops is really just a troll. And as everyone knows, you don't feed the trolls. Just let him whine, we don't have to pay attention to him.

Also, 1.4.0 has a major crash/lag bug, so 1.3.9 is still the official version for now.

Level 10
*sigh* the last 7 games I've tried to play of this TKers have proceeded to kill at least 5 people at the beginning, causing a lot of the remainders to leave the game. I'm tired of waiting an hour for a game to have it end in 5 minutes because the makers are too lazy to do anything to try and fix the tking problem.

Anyways good luck with the game, I hope you take steps to fix the major issues soon instead of just adding new content.

Level 13
*sigh* the last 7 games I've tried to play of this TKers have proceeded to kill at least 5 people at the beginning, causing a lot of the remainders to leave the game. I'm tired of waiting an hour for a game to have it end in 5 minutes because the makers are too lazy to do anything to try and fix the tking problem.

Anyways good luck with the game, I hope you take steps to fix the major issues soon instead of just adding new content.

Maybe you should visit the Metastasis forum before declaring the creator lazy.

You try to come up with a balanced anti-TK system, mate.

Level 5
Hate this.

I can't even play it because the Player Slots won't show up and when i start it kept on coming back like HECK.
WHY DID I WASTE MY TIME DOWNLOADING THIS?!!?!?!

I can't even play it because the Player Slots won't show up and when i start it kept on coming back like HECK.
WHY DID I WASTE MY TIME DOWNLOADING THIS?!!?!?!

I would like to point out that when that happens it means thgat there was an error when you downloaded it or you lots internet connection for a split second while downloading, the solution to this is simple:

delete the currant one you have.
Re download it then try it, look out for sudden internet connection losses and suchlike.

Level 4
Are you patched up to 1.24c?

If you're on an earlier patch the map file will show up as corrupted because of the JASS restructuring in patch 1.24.

If you're patched, then go play in a SirBot game on Battle.net. Check the channel Metastasis on USWest or Europe, and Clan Sirs on USEast.

Level 27
Great, new version!
I really enjoy to play this map.. but you know, since now you've made the sun damaging system, maybe you should make some kinda like defencive shield for one of the stations/ships?
Also I tough about reliking the teleport to the abandoned station... give it at least some use since ussually it just gets destroyed by Kyo at the beginging of game...
Also, now that moon with grav-manipulator is much more useful, sice it can kill stations by moving them to kyo cannon shooting path or into sun...

Level 12
Maybe you should visit the Metastasis forum before declaring the creator lazy.

You try to come up with a balanced anti-TK system, mate.

I suggested many. They didn't paid heed for none of them. I will state the best idea I had, again: add a Policeman role that can arrest (Soul Steal, last chapter from wc3 roc orc campaign) anyone that is a tker. (Through a trigger, maybe adding to the food or gold, something like that, so that he cannot arrest everyone. Aside from his skill, the item he uses to arrest also gives more armor and regen to stand up against criminals who refuse to be arrested. Also make it so that they can be arrested after they're out of half their life, including Aliens and such.)

Then, he takes him to a cage that is present on all stations (there are 2 on each station). After some time passes, (60 seconds divided by number of kills, since you have more urgency to transport a serial killer than a minor criminal) they are transported through a cargo ship to a Prison Station.

There, they stay caged for 10 minutes x people they killed. They can be freed by killing the cage from outside, or by using the policeman skill. Anyone that attack in there will be attacked by sentry guns near each cage and each switch. You can also free everyone by shutting the power of the station off, but that place is more fortified than the others, of course. There should be a switch like that in each station :O (the power goes offline for one minute, and then he is recharged with emergency energy for two minutes. If no one activate the power again, the power goes out of energy again, etc.)

Or implement a virus in the controller of the Prison Station. The energy is shut down, all the cages are opened, and the sentry guns do not work. (The event virus should be activated by a player implementing a virus on a station. He could like do the virus if he was a Doctor, Engineer, or something like that. He could also buy it or get it somewhere... hmm.)

There. Now ask Catar if FelFox will implement that? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, he won't. Why he won't?

1: I'm Lazy.

2: Team Killing is fun.

3: Meh, too complicated.

4: Did I say I'm lazy?

5: I don't need to answer that question.

And they will say no again, and everyone will forget it, and be happily ever after. (By happily ever after, I mean only the creators and the tkers.)

By the way, Catar and Felfox should read all the 12 pages of post, cause there are some REALLY neat and interesting suggestions there. For example, a skill named fist to the normal peasant so that he can stun someone that is trying to do early tk.

Level 13
The new Android is an anti-TK system, woo!

Also, anything that has one person capture another if he TKs is flawed simply because said person could be lazy and ruin the game.

TBH, TKers don't matter much. It's a fair fight; you have the very same combat ability, it depends on skill.

Level 12
But the objective is to kill the alien, mutant, etc, not kill friendlies that help you with your objective. Ah yes, another good idea for tking: add +100 eps to alien, android, and mutant each time some one tks. It looks really fair to me :D

Level 4
I suggested many. They didn't paid heed for none of them. I will state the best idea I had, again: add a Policeman role that can arrest (Soul Steal, last chapter from wc3 roc orc campaign) anyone that is a tker. (Through a trigger, maybe adding to the food or gold, something like that, so that he cannot arrest everyone. Aside from his skill, the item he uses to arrest also gives more armor and regen to stand up against criminals who refuse to be arrested. Also make it so that they can be arrested after they're out of half their life, including Aliens and such.)

Then, he takes him to a cage that is present on all stations (there are 2 on each station). After some time passes, (60 seconds divided by number of kills, since you have more urgency to transport a serial killer than a minor criminal) they are transported through a cargo ship to a Prison Station.

There, they stay caged for 10 minutes x people they killed. They can be freed by killing the cage from outside, or by using the policeman skill. Anyone that attack in there will be attacked by sentry guns near each cage and each switch. You can also free everyone by shutting the power of the station off, but that place is more fortified than the others, of course. There should be a switch like that in each station :O (the power goes offline for one minute, and then he is recharged with emergency energy for two minutes. If no one activate the power again, the power goes out of energy again, etc.)

Or implement a virus in the controller of the Prison Station. The energy is shut down, all the cages are opened, and the sentry guns do not work. (The event virus should be activated by a player implementing a virus on a station. He could like do the virus if he was a Doctor, Engineer, or something like that. He could also buy it or get it somewhere... hmm.)

There. Now ask Catar if FelFox will implement that? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, he won't. Why he won't?

1: I'm Lazy.

2: Team Killing is fun.

3: Meh, too complicated.

4: Did I say I'm lazy?

5: I don't need to answer that question.

And they will say no again, and everyone will forget it, and be happily ever after. (By happily ever after, I mean only the creators and the tkers.)

By the way, Catar and Felfox should read all the 12 pages of post, cause there are some REALLY neat and interesting suggestions there. For example, a skill named fist to the normal peasant so that he can stun someone that is trying to do early tk.

Firstly, before you accuse us of anything, I have indeed read every single post in this thread. I've also read every single non-Extraneous Chat post on my forum (which numbers a great deal more than this single thread).

Your allegations regarding our response to anti-TK systems are inaccurate. Our response, as it has been and will be, is that all anti-TK systems presented ruin the point of Metastasis as a whole. TKing is a necessary part of the game, however abhorrent to some players. The entire system of trying to figure out who is the alien or who is the mutant is mostly destroyed because it is easy to identify who isn't because of their label as a TKer.

The solution to this problem is to make it also affect Alien/Mutant even when they are in human form, which is then a punishment to the Alien or Mutant playstyle. This is again the opposite of our intention.

Furthermore, a "Policeman" occupation gives immense power to a single randomly selected player, or removes the power they could otherwise have obtained through a different occupation depending on the ability to jail either anyone or only confirmed TKers.

---
In the future, please check your facts before posting such wild allegations. Also, posting on our forum will get more feedback and attention, since it will stand out more as its own thread instead of a single post inside another thread.

Level 5
But the objective is to kill the alien, mutant, etc, not kill friendlies that help you with your objective. Ah yes, another good idea for tking: add +100 eps to alien, android, and mutant each time some one tks. It looks really fair to me :D

Then humans who are helping the alien could simply kill people off, if anything that would increase TKing.

Level 4
To expand on that, they're referring to when a human player knowingly (or unknowingly depending on who you're talking to) kills another human player; ie: Neither player was supposed to in an ideal game kill the other.

Some people do this purposely for fun, others abhor it. We have no restriction against it in the game or on our official bot.

Level 3
Nice job!!! You have the spirit of next-generation gaming ideas! Mastermind at all! Your map is a masterpiece at the W3 maps! It could become a move! Aliens and Humans in an all-in-all battle to rule the universe! Why not! I like it a lot! Still it needs some more work so I give you a 4.5/5!

Level 4
I personally hate TKing, and I know that Fel doesn't particularly like it either. However, we still have not heard or thought of a method of solving it that would not interfere significantly with legitimate methods of gameplay. Once such a method arises, it will undoubtedly be implemented. All methods presented are strongly considered by us, believe me.

Level 12
The method I suggested is balanced, interesting, and would add a lot to the gameplay. Though there is too much WORK to be done, ya know. You could at LEAST say what do you think about each of the methods everyone suggested.

Example: Both of mine:

Add 50, 100 eps for to everyone that uses it each time a human team kills.

Add the role of Officer, Police man or something, make all those triggers, arrest ability, prison station (or a already present station. Could be the Defunct, since it is completely useless and I don't know why you've put it in game.) Aside from that, more security around the stations, and the option of implementing a virus yourself and to program the stations (including activating a override and shutting everything off.)

If you don't say anything about them or just say "nah, we won't do that." without a proper reason, I'll presume you are too lazy, as Teldrassil mentioned many times.

Level 4
Because your persistence at wanting to claim we are lazy seems to have no bounds, I will conduct a formal review of your method.

Before I go any further, however, Teldrassil is not an all knowing god. Do not presume that because we don't respond as often to this thread that we are lazy; it simply means that we have more priorities over on our actual forum which gives us far more usable feedback.

Add a Policeman role that can arrest (Soul Steal, last chapter from wc3 roc orc campaign) anyone that is a tker. (Through a trigger, maybe adding to the food or gold, something like that, so that he cannot arrest everyone. Aside from his skill, the item he uses to arrest also gives more armor and regen to stand up against criminals who refuse to be arrested. Also make it so that they can be arrested after they're out of half their life, including Aliens and such.)
Now, already it sounds rigged. There is a randomly given policeman role that can disable the game for anyone at a whim (provided he can sneak it presuming you have a delay between casting and actually removing their unit. Nothing was mentioned but I assume it exists or this would never, ever happen). Griefers would abuse this to no end, causing something far worse than TKing. Or this would be limited only to confirmed TKers, in which case it provides a new method of identifying people based on whether or not they racked up a TK because they weren't alien/mutant.

Another station is a bad idea in my opinion. There is plenty of gameplay area at the moment, although if it was small I suppose I could live with it. The cargo ship part is a nice touch, but terrible for practical purposes. Other TKers would slaughter the ship, or it would be too tough and people would abuse it for protection.

Given average game length of about 35 minutes, ten minutes alone is a ridiculous length.
Did you ever play the original Parasite? Remember how everyone would start screaming at you if you touched the power controls? I'll just leave it at that.

Ehh... this is reasonable solution, but again requires a specific class, giving that class power. I suppose it could work though.

-------
Again, please stop accusing us of being lazy. Nothing we have done has warranted it.
However, you seem like a person with a fair amount of decent ideas and a genuine interest in improving Metastasis. I strongly urge you to join our forum so that you get more feedback.

-Catar

Level 12
you should add an exploration timer, and everyone should be invulnerable at that time. so, newbies should learn the close range environment/game, and others should buy stuff to fortify themselves for an early annoying attack

Level 27
Hmmm, I'm actually thinking about this: since you can get back all the derelict ships with Nify, maybe it could have a ability like this, only she would also put that ship into quarantine dock, so that ship couln't mve and it's crew couldn't leave it?

Or you could make the Programmer class wich can hack systems...

Level 12
Thank you for answering my suggestion and I don't think you're lazy anymore :p

And since you asked me yourself, then I'll join your forum.

And by the way, it was just a suggestion which you can modify and balance. For example the prison time, you could've said (10 minutes is too much, 5 minutes looks ok for me) And remember, 10 minutes is still ok for me, since he ASSASINATED a goddamn ally. You know, just to desencourage (heavily) tking. But for balancing reasons, 5 minutes for each kill should be just fine >_> (Though I still prefer 10) And about the role, I mean that policeman can only arrest people that killed another people. (Even if they're alien and such), though there is a problem there... how do we know who killed him? Yes, the guy would have shouted: yellow is killing me!! No!! But if no one shouted, how we would arrest someone? The trigger will KNOW who is the killer, but it won't make sense to try to arrest everyone (the skill won't work) until you find the guilty one... so maybe you could investigate the body and such? If there is no body (Got exploded in a ship) then the killer is not identified and could just ran away... though if we know who killed the guy and the guy got exploded in a ship, there is no way to arrest the guy who killed the first. Well, just gotta come with a balanced system.

The prison could be an annex to niffy, or the planet, or replace the defunct station. The part where the criminal waits for the cargo ship is either a opportunity to free him or to kill him. (He is invulnerable while inside the PRISON cage, not the wait-for-cargo-ship cage.) About the virus, you could use a already present role, like those I mentioned. Take the wrench away from Engineer and put the programming ability.

Level 27
This map really deserves to be a standalone game. Here's my little thing:

Hmmm... not sure about the standalone game since then it would be only multyplayer (AI for this? You're kidding!) meaning it would be full of t(w)eens, but I'd like a movie...
And, by the way, are there are plans on releasing Metastasis in SC2?

Last edited: