• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merging Heroes (Units/Abilities/Buffs/Items/etc) from multiple maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have been reading on threads on how to do this, basically I am trying to take heroes and units from maps online to make a map/mod that has tons of heroes. I am able to kind of do this via copy/paste between two maps but there are little issues here and there with things like icons or an ability not showing a missile effect needing to be reselected in the object editor.

I checked out Jass grimiore stuff but could not get it working at all, it mentioned versions of the game many years old. I tried a MPQ editor but I am unsure how to merge stuff like units, abilities, items, buffs...

Is there an easy way to do this? All I am really trying to do is grab heroes for my own use to be able to load them all onto standard melee maps. I don't mind importing objects, then import manager for files and models, then add dependencies for heros and the trigger to limit one of each ... but the copy/paste between maps of all those abilities might take too much time from playing, as I am an older guy and work alot and have family, pets, etc lol

Thanks for any answers!

Level 4
Anyone? This extensive forum of genius info and no one knows or has time to explain? Just looking to put some heroes on standard maps without making them myself ... thanks ahead for answers.

Level 39
I mean you only gave it 16 hours for a reply....

You could make a copy of the 'source' map and then in that copy delete all custom objects except the ones you want to import. Then use the "Export all Object Data..." and "Import all Object Data..." commands under File in the Object Editor. But you'll still probably end up with object ID collisions that will need to be resolved, and any triggers from the source map will need to have their object references updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.