1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

MEOW_Pengo.blp

Submitted by Hawkwing
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is the second skin of a series of skins I am in the midst of creating. The series is called "MEOW". Yes, the sound a cat makes. It stands for "Mechanically Engineered Organic Weapon." Generally a beast that has had machinery implanted into its body. Don't be confused, it isn't a robot. Just an enhanced creature. That's why parts of his body is still showing underneath the armor. MEOW's are living, breathing, creatures.

People begged and begged for Red eyes on my last skin, so now I have done the same to this skin. Also, my last skin was lacking in colour so I have given this skin some flavour. I tried to give him some of that Icy theme, as well, so you don't get bored with the 100% mechanical body.

Believe me, the wrap on this skin was painful, though it was a small skin and didn't take too much time to create. I am currently working on, what is now, the third skin in my collection, the MEOW Kodo. I just took a quick break to create this skin for all of you, so here you go.

I can guarantee you that this is, at least, 80% freehand. No smudge, no recolor, and absolutely no C'n'P. I used your standard Brush tool to create every last detail to the armor.

Feedback and suggestions are appreciated. I can update this skin at any given moment, so just let me know. Please download the skin before giving criticism.

DO NOT edit or modify this skin without my permission.
DO NOT redistribute this skin in any way.
Please give credit to Hawkwing.

Keywords:
Penguin, Pengo, Cyborg, MEOW, M.E.O.W., Mechanically Engineered Organic Weapon, Mechanically Engineered
Contents

MEOW_Pengo.blp (Texture)

Reviews
00:06, 20th Jun 2008 THE_END: I like this alot, lets see more!
  1. 00:06, 20th Jun 2008
    THE_END: I like this alot, lets see more!

2. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Its nice .. but we should see that its a penguin instead of a robot penguin.. if you know what i meen.. that its suppose to be a penguin with an armor instead of a complete robot.

3. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    His Upper-Flippers, his Legs, and his back have no armor at all. Though I understand your point. A bear, being a vicious brute, is aleady powerful enough; it dosen't need as much armor. A penguin has weak rubbery skin that needs as much protection as possible.

4. mokkil123

mokkil123

Resources:
    Resources:
    its very nice i like the thought of an cyborg-penguin, makes you think twice about going for a swim in zoo, but then again all the metal would rust and then ii cant catch me, the perfect crime... well i think its good, cant really see any flaws, gj hawkwing another good skin

5. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    it is not your best. by far. looks like he's wearing leather armour and someone's pants. :p

6. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't think I haven't realised that yet, lol? It's a penguin, not much you can do. Only his upper armor is metal, lower armor is cloth / leather and shit. Nobody can bend down that far and hit him on his low down waist anyways.

7. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    lol, but it still looks like a mecahnical penguin wearing some fat guy's pants. XD

8. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    He's a good friend of Fat Albert. Anyays, I have taken my lessons from this skin and my previous one and I am using them in my current one, the MEOW Kodo. It's gonna be epic.

9. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I saw the back leg of your kodo. And your right, a biomachanical kodo does sound (and look) like an awesome idea. Can't wait for it! :D

10. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    the penguin looks awesome, especially that ice he has on his arms 5/5

11. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    lose the pants ... we wanna see gutz (lol)
    no realy the pants ruins it give it more platelike armor instead of leather
    other then that looks good

12. Lord_Firage

Lord_Firage

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    looks funny ... reminds me on these Clockwork Goblins xD

13. Insaniac69

Insaniac69

Resources:
    Resources:
    A mech penguin? How are we suppose kill all those harmless penguins when they start getting armor? Taking all the fun out of mass genocide of penguins..

14. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This one actually deserves an official 'lol'. I love this skin, though, its great and chuckle-worthy. Nice job.

15. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I say LOL to that :gg:

16. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The armor parts need more highlight though.

17. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When I'm done my kodo I'll do another skin, not part of the MEOW Pack, then I will quickly revise this skin. I will add more highlights and replace some of his armor, etc.

18. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ok, sounds good. I like how the kodos coming along. =D

19. Master334

Master334

Resources:
    Resources:
    The penguin is good. However I find the armor lacking in the features...