• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee Map Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys I saw a lot submissions about mapping contest, paired contest, cinematic and so on!

Why not to create melee map contest!
This way even new users can try to make something!

So what you think, no triggers, no imports, no object editor work...

Still few things to care:
1st. Map size not below "Large" (examples: 192x192, 224x128, or above)
2nd. 8 or more players

Everything else is picked and created using user imagination!

I can judge and host contest! I just need more ideas, suggestions and so on...
So what you guys think?

Level 4
A melee map contest is useless, as I've realized that melee maps do not have any diversity. That is a reason why melee map sucks.

Level 19
I say no imports or triggers, a male map shouldn't have those.

Object editing should be allowed IMO if not, then we are basically making a terrain map. And isn't this contest similar to the Techtree Contest? What would be the difference?

The difference is that you're not making a new tech-tree. You're making a melee map. I don't think the title could be anymore clear or obvious as to this.

Level 17
How about altered melee?
You design the terrain and input a different feel from the regular melee maps.

Just a suggestion.

Level 17
When I meant altered melee, it could range anywhere from random events to optional races (like Monolith) to new tavern heroes.
You could also do something like "respawnable creeps", anything that alters it from a normal melee map.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.