• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Themed Mapping Contest

What kind of single mapping competition? (If any?)

• Yes, a themed mapping competition.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Yes, a normal mapping competition.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Any mapping competition, I would join.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No mapping competition, I would not join.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
How come we have a PAIRED mapping contest and not a normal one?

Well, maybe we do have some that are like a normal mapping competition. But not one straight forward. I think its time this site gets a normal mapping contest (With themes maybe.)

So what do you think? We can have a theme for each contest. Like Human Vs Orc wars (wc3 related). Zombie related... what ever. We can brainstorm a theme.

What do you think?

Level 12
I used to do these with our clan. Each week they would have a new word and we would have a week to do as much as we could to a map to make it playable. On our weekly Friday tournament, we would then test them and see who was the winner. So like once the word was "Grow" and so long as we could explain our map fitting grow, we were good.

Status
Not open for further replies.