1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Medieval castle

Submitted by Mike
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Medieval European castle. I use three custom textures (for stone, stainglass and roof). The flag is teamcolored. The towers are destroyed at death animation. The roof of the cathedral burned (The animation of dead is long, so increase the death time in object editor). The gate and the bridge are opened during some animations. Use this model in your historical maps) Animation of death is based on Massive Master idea. Special thanks for him.

Changes: Another quality of stone textures, new textures of windows, flag and roof, fixed bug with opaque gate grille, cleaned the teamcolor from windows.

New changes: More granularity death of donjon tower, added charred beams instead of the roof. The internal house and gatehouse are now burns too. Added shading on textures. Added rays, death of the gate. Added the more detailed gate. Removed the death fire from decay anim. Added chain for drawbridge.

Keywords:
Medieval Castle European
Contents

Medieval castle (Model)

Reviews
18:08, 12th Nov 2014 MiniMage: It's a neat fantasy castle. The filesize is a little much though. I'd also argue that the death animation needs more work, it feels like a slowed down domino effect when each tower drops one by one. It would be better...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 18:08, 12th Nov 2014
    MiniMage: It's a neat fantasy castle. The filesize is a little much though. I'd also argue that the death animation needs more work, it feels like a slowed down domino effect when each tower drops one by one. It would be better if they dropped close or simultaniously, walls being damaged and as they land a dust cloud could be spawned and a rubble alternative stand replaces the parts that wasn't visible in the cloud. Right now it kinda looks like someone is lopping off the tops with a large invisible sword.

So summarized, work on the death animation, oh and the channel animations, change those to morph and make a stand alternate, the ruined version can be a stand upgrade. When that is done, lower the file size. Nice work though, with these fixes done, I'll most likely rank it a 4/5 out of sheer usefulness. ;D

19:29, 1st Dec 2014
    MiniMage: Apologies for the delay. The model looks neat. I would suggest you add a morph alternate animation so that you can close and open the gate.

2. HeliosC

HeliosC

Resources:
    Resources:
    It looks great!

3. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ooh, you're back! Great model as always!

4. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Mike T.T teach me how to make Epic Building like this T.T

5. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I understand how you wanted to use the same tiling texture for all stone parts, but i would have appreciated if you tried to incorporate some shading into it. Right now, the texture is really, really flat. If you think adding shading to the rock texture would require you to increase its size, it is instead still possible to simulate shading by adding some polygons using an additive material with the ingame gradiented black/white texture in it. Places which really need shading right now are the floors in the towers, and under the crowns of the towers. Making a new texture with shaded parts would be even better though. The model itself is good.

EDIT: And by the way, i think the flag waving should be a global animation, if it isn't already. That way it will not look choppy in the transition between animations.

6. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Uhm.. this castle doesnt make much sense in current form, unless its going to be located on an isolated mountain-top.
    There is a door at left of the gate to access the walls, but not at the right. Try increasing the height of the widehouse since rooftiles are easier to break than solidstone walls. You dont want this to fall that easily to a single ladderman, do you ?
    Only the wide side wall has crenellations, you used wood inside to widen the walkable part of the wall, thats very risky during a siege.
    Whats the purpose of the tiny tower that doesnt have any entrance and the smaller round tower along backwall ?
    You have an nice idea just try more to flesh out it.

7. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Agreed with Fingolfin. Good solid model :)

8. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, it would be better if you could have some highlights on the outer edges and shadows on the inner edges. If you are clever at wrapping, you can do this without needing any more texture space.

9. The General

The General

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice model And good use of "ingame textures"(sarcasm) but it doesn't really feel like it belongs in warcraft 3 as in it looks like it lacks the theme of the game still nonetheless good job 3.8/5

10. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe these textures are just not fitting this building, not defined enough, from afar is hard to determine what it is

11. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    maybe add a changelog? (If Have Changes)

12. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Useful model. However, I agree that a little shading can help.

13. Mike

Mike

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Each time, more and more convinced that I must tie with moddeling...

14. Fang

Fang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow! European Castle looks really great! :)

15. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    100% Better... just that, I suggest you change Stand Work to Morph
    For Stand Work, maybe Light Up the Window or Have some Firepit or something?

you should Destroy the Gate too in death animation :p
    the gate should be broken

16. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Absolutely beautiful. 5/5

17. jonbon29

jonbon29

Resources:
    Resources:
    very neat indeed you should make other buildings with this skin.

18. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    what i mean glowing window is for Stand Work
    Instead of opening the gate for stand work ...would't it be weird every time you train a unit you open the Gate?

When you update I Hope you can Post Update! or something like that... or i don't know :p
    wanna Keep Update my Information about this building :p extremely useful

19. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome castle! Very useful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.