1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Castle

Submitted by MassiveMaster
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I made this building for the Modeling Contest 23. It's a 3-tiered medieval castle with keep, bailey, fortifications and some economy buildings.
For more informations see the description at the following screenshots. I also attached a test map to this post.

Medieval Castle Tier 1:
[​IMG]

Medieval Castle Tier 2:
[​IMG]

Medieval Castle Tier 3:

[​IMG]

Pls give credits, if you use it in your map.
You are allowed to modify it as long as you give credits.

Keywords:
castle, keep, motte, bailey, holdfast, fortification, 3-tiered, building, structure, medieval, age, stone, wall, palisade, church, stable, modeling, c
Contents

Castle (Model)

Reviews
Frankster [img]: Cool and solid piece of work. Works in-game and performs well. Approved. (Will get a rating after the contest)
  1. Moderation: 21:50, Thursday 17th May 2012
    Frankster [​IMG]:
    Cool and solid piece of work.
    Works in-game and performs well.
    Approved.
    (Will get a rating after the contest)

2. JokeMaster

JokeMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow awsome!

3. ndh

ndh

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Pretty cool :goblin_good_job:

4. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Awesome model, my favourite for the contest. You got really high chances of winning man :D

5. joeshia_b_asian

joeshia_b_asian

Resources:
    Resources:
    can u rename this i downloaded another model with the same name so now when i try to use this it gives me the dumb model i had b4 :(

please do soon im dieing trying to make map and this would be perfect if i hadnt tried that other stupid building because it came with a pack of buildings i used! D:L ';..;' i hate how it doesnt seperate them think i might try it on another computer i dont have the stupid castle on so i can use this but probably wont work so please make another copy or something thats renamed like "Fortification Castle" ot something

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
  6. JokeMaster

JokeMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why dont you just change the name of the downloaded file to castle1??

7. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    ohh wow awesome model, gj!! 5/5 +rep :thumbs_up:

8. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
  9. wester

wester

Resources:
    Resources:
    awsome 5/5

10. Mgeterno11

Mgeterno11

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Beautiful and amazing Castle model, that was exaclty what i had been looking for. The walls are cool ,too. Works perfeclty in-game and i hope it had won the modeling contest. 5/5 and +rep

11. The General

The General

Resources:
    Resources:
    i like this model fits with your pack too 5/5

12. Drakar

Drakar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome model, very detailed. The particles, the modeling, hell, everything just feels right and far more realistic than any Blizzard building. Well done, buddy.

13. Lord Vanaduke

Lord Vanaduke

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is just plain awesome, best castle here IMHO. You have a really good chance to win the contest, bro. :thumbs_up: Keep up the amazing work!

Edit: wanted to say that this deserves a DC for the amount of effort and detail put into it

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  14. Shield of Gods

Shield of Gods

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome model, IMO. I checked the animations in Magos', and they seemed fine. I especially liked the death animations.

I really like the design and the upgrade tiers. The scale of especially the church is a bit off, but it doesn't really matter. I'll rate it five of five.

15. maddeem

maddeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The attention to detail here is enormous. This is an outstanding model and it has an even better size. You've got my 5/5.

16. Xian

Xian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Epic presentation in the screenshot,and it's suitable for terrain,gameplay and more!
    5/5 +rep

17. HOooDy

HOooDy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the way you present it ..

18. Twily

Twily

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could be usefull.

19. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This contest has a lot of good submissions, but I notice that almost all of them have the same problem: There isn't too much distinction between the second and third form. But they're still great, nonetheless.