• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castle

I made this building for the Modeling Contest 23. It's a 3-tiered medieval castle with keep, bailey, fortifications and some economy buildings.
For more informations see the description at the following screenshots. I also attached a test map to this post.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pls give credits, if you use it in your map.
You are allowed to modify it as long as you give credits.

Keywords:
castle, keep, motte, bailey, holdfast, fortification, 3-tiered, building, structure, medieval, age, stone, wall, palisade, church, stable, modeling, c
Contents

Castle (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Cool and solid piece of work. Works in-game and performs well. Approved. (Will get a rating after the contest)

M

Moderation: 21:50, Thursday 17th May 2012
Frankster :
Cool and solid piece of work.
Works in-game and performs well.
Approved.
(Will get a rating after the contest)

Level 3
can u rename this i downloaded another model with the same name so now when i try to use this it gives me the dumb model i had b4 :(

please do soon im dieing trying to make map and this would be perfect if i hadnt tried that other stupid building because it came with a pack of buildings i used! D:L ';..;' i hate how it doesnt seperate them think i might try it on another computer i dont have the stupid castle on so i can use this but probably wont work so please make another copy or something thats renamed like "Fortification Castle" ot something

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Awesome model, very detailed. The particles, the modeling, hell, everything just feels right and far more realistic than any Blizzard building. Well done, buddy.

Level 3
This is just plain awesome, best castle here IMHO. You have a really good chance to win the contest, bro. :thumbs_up: Keep up the amazing work!

Edit: wanted to say that this deserves a DC for the amount of effort and detail put into it

Last edited:
Level 1
Awesome model, IMO. I checked the animations in Magos', and they seemed fine. I especially liked the death animations.

I really like the design and the upgrade tiers. The scale of especially the church is a bit off, but it doesn't really matter. I'll rate it five of five.

Level 14
Epic presentation in the screenshot,and it's suitable for terrain,gameplay and more!
5/5 +rep

nce but don't you think you can add a training area with shooting range and things like that?:vw_wtf:

Yeah that could have also been added as detail stuff, but the third tier is already crowded/detailed enough I think. There just isn't enough place for that anymore. Also the building is more supposed to act as holdfast/headquarters, training isn't its main focuse, so I think a training area isn't a must have to it. :wink:

Hmm I only get The First tier when i use it as a Doodad :( help?

You can't use different upgrade animations when using as a doodad I think (But not completely sure, never tried it). So either you use it as building/unit as it's supposed to be or you edit the .mdl-file (change the wanted tier animation with the first one, by chaning the animation names), but then you would need to import one model for each tier you want to use.

Level 2
How do you go from Tier 1, to 2, to 3?? Do you just put the skin on the Town Hall for Tier 1, Keep for Tier 2, and Castle for Tier 3????? Please tell me!! Thanks!

How do you go from Tier 1, to 2, to 3?? Do you just put the skin on the Town Hall for Tier 1, Keep for Tier 2, and Castle for Tier 3????? Please tell me!! Thanks!

It's a model not a skin. :wink:
But yes you could do that, or make your own buildings and change the animations accordingly (Grafiphics - Required animation names: "upgrade" and "first" or "second" for second or third tier)

@Brayam007: Pls write in English so others (including me) can understand you (and it's forbidden to write in anything other than English on the hiveworkshops besides)! If you don't speak English use some translator. And pls don't multipost. If you forgot to write something use the EDIT button, thx. :thumbs_up:

Level 9
This just gave me an idea...if you make the Keep model (or w/e) like 10 scaled and put it on a doodad and place it. you can almost...like...play up inside it as if it was a bunch of models

and this reminded me of a model that would work great with that idea. I feel like someone would have to make all the stuff inside the castle much much smaller so when it's scaled up there would be more space in there to run around train kill stuff NPCs etc.

might do that with this model....o.o