• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maze Map Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
New here!

Currently I am working on a maze map. There are a few stuff I need to know.

1. How do I make a patrolling unit kill your character when moving next to it?

2. Whenever you go in the path of a unit, the unit blocks the path. How do I make a unit a "ghost"?

3. There is this part in the maze where a Pit Lord uses Rain of Fire in a region. I've been trying to make a sound activated whenever a unit is killed by the Pit Lord. How do I do this?

That's it for now. Help appreciated!

Level 8
for the third one

3:
Event - A unit dies
Condition - Killing unit equal to (pitlord)
Effect - Play sound (RAAAAOR) [or w.e it is]

As for getting to close to an enemy maybe give it an invisable immolation spell ? So it will kill anything close to it.

Level 16
Seas =)

=== For the first one ===
  • Map Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Rifleman) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to Trigger 1 Kill <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 125.00 of (Picked unit))
  • Trigger 1 Kill
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
(This example: If a unit enter the rifleman's position ( 125 aoe ) the unit is killed)

Level 37
1. Have this in some trigger, maybe in Map Initialization trigger:
  • Trigger - Add to Untitled Trigger 003 <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of *unit*)
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)

2. Look like a ghost?

• Animation - Change Paladin 0001 <gen>'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 60.00% transparency
Add some transparency, and experiment with different vertex coloring values. Setting all vertex coloring values to lower values makes the unit darker.

Level 13
for the third one

3:
Event - A unit dies
Condition - Killing unit equal to (pitlord)
Effect - Play sound (RAAAAOR) [or w.e it is]

As for getting to close to an enemy maybe give it an invisable immolation spell ? So it will kill anything close to it.

that will not work,if the sound is already playing it cannot be played again until it is finished,so if 2 units die you will hear only one sound of death...

Level 12
that will not work,if the sound is already playing it cannot be played again until it is finished,so if 2 units die you will hear only one sound of death...

I don't think he cares, and besides it's better and more realistic. I wouldn't want my Pit Lord screaming twice at once.

1. You could store the character of each player in a separate variable and make different events in the first place, without triggers. In my opinion using triggers to add events isn't wise and it eventually causes memory overloads.

2. Two ways:
a) Set the unit's collision point or radius or whatever to 0. It works but it's permanent.
b) Use Locust, it will work but the unit will be invulnerable and unselectable as well. Also, there's an entirely different issue with removing Locust from a unit.

Level 2
Wow guys thanks a lot! :grin:

By the way, by turning a unit into a "ghost" I meant... when you move in front of a character it sort of blocks you, right? Well... I don't want it to block you. :thumbs_up:

Level 13
I don't think he cares, and besides it's better and more realistic. I wouldn't want my Pit Lord screaming twice at once.

he maybe does not care but i do xD,he doe not scream twice,its just 2 pit lords screaming ta the same time

if you play the sound at any point at map,it cannot be played anywhere else,so if one unit is dying in center of map,and than another one dies in left corner of map,you will not hear him

i posted some posts about 3D sounds,but no one seems to know a solution

Last edited:
Level 14
Alternatively, set your unit to be an Air unit, but with a flying height of 0. The unit will now be able to move through buildings, units, trees, float over cliffs and everything else similarly will be able to move through it. Make sure to set the "Targeted As" field to say "Ground" though - or it will be considered an air unit for the purposes of being attacked.

Level 13
Alternatively, set your unit to be an Air unit, but with a flying height of 0. The unit will now be able to move through buildings, units, trees, float over cliffs and everything else similarly will be able to move through it. Make sure to set the "Targeted As" field to say "Ground" though - or it will be considered an air unit for the purposes of being attacked.
when units fly,they cannot have flying height 0,you can set it like that,but in game it will fly

Status
Not open for further replies.