1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Maw of Oblivion

Submitted by Retera
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is the Maw of Oblivion, created for Heaven's Fall back in the golden years of modding for me, when I loved every second of everything I was making and was still young enough to get away with spending all that time making it.

The model features a creature based on the Forgotten One, but with a purple skin texture overlay based on the Volcano's lava, as well as Forgotten One Tentacles that root into and out of the ground to form an alternate animation set where the Maw of Oblivion has retracted into his void portal.

Please do give credit to me on this one, but obviously as with almost all of my Warcraft 3 modeling work it is a derivative work of Blizzard Entertainment's original models, and so I believe you should be free to edit it without asking me -- just as I created these models without expressly asking Blizzard. Just please do give credit.

[Edit: The Hive's viewer cannot render it correctly, the portal and animated texture look different in-game.]
Contents

Maw of Oblivion (Model)

BTNOblivionsMaw (Icon)

BTNOblivionsMawUproot (Icon)

BTNOblivionsMawRoot (Icon)

EyeTentacle (Model)

Melee Tentacle (Model)

BTNOblivionsMawAttackTentacle (Icon)

BTNSpawnEyeTentacle (Icon)

BTNPurpleEyeTentacle (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
A clever edit of the Forgotten model. Nothing to fancy different about it though.
  1. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ia! Ia!

Nice with, mate.

2. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  3. FeruEnzeruJKun

FeruEnzeruJKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    More like and aberrant Old God to me. Nice work. :thumbs_up:

4. Diegoit

Diegoit

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Very good bro, i was thinking ill have a walk anim when i saw the tentacles.

5. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice, looks like I no longer have to extract them myself.

6. Shaeam

Shaeam

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You must close-shut the maws of Oblivion.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For some reason, the Maw model doesn't show up either in the editor or ingame.

EDIT:
    Neither of the models work. Tried loading all .blps, tried with only one, separately, tried with none but still, the models are invisible ingame and green squares in the editor.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  8. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have a personal beef with the design of the Hive's model bundles. They strip texture paths from the ZIP but do not strip them from the MDX itself. This is an unfortunate design, it means that to use models like this one from Heavens Fall you need to use MDX Pather to be in control of your texture paths.

If you don't know what that means, read a tutorial on how MDX works because Hive requires you to know in order to use the content that I uploaded instead of providing it in the most easy to use form.

Mdx Pather

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You could leave the link in the description of your models which require this.

10. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All models that I have uploaded with custom textures fall into this category. It would take a while, but maybe I will take a shot at this when I get to my apartment.

11. Tovio

Tovio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Models don't work at all. I tried to edit the texture paths with the help of MDX Pather, but this doesn't help - they aren't visible in the game and in the editor they are displayed as green cubes.

12. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    While these models look cool, they don't appear ingame.

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maw of Oblivion

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Check this post by @Hermit
    (SOLVED) Model texture repathing please
    and please change the rating.

15. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A clever edit of the Forgotten model. Nothing to fancy different about it though.

16. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Adding the tentacles and reverse death animation to this model in Notepad in 2009 felt like the culmination of my life's work at the time.

But I will agree, making this model now in the Retera Model Studio would probably take 30 minutes instead of 10 hours or whatever.

Funny how times change