• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oblivion Aura

Reactions: Licheus and Zypher
A model made for my Aeon of Souls project.
Thanks to iPeez for the screenshot.

Keywords:
oblivion, aura,
Contents

Oblivion Aura (Model)

Reviews
16:58, 11th Jan 2009 Pyritie: Could be useful.
Level 26
why is it going from red to blue? there are an unnecessary amount of bones, same effect could be easily achieved by 1 or 2 particle emmiters and no bones. all in all, you could work on this. also incredibly annoying and "noob"-ish "keyword" choice, for that alone i would put 0/5 but i will have to settle for 1.

1/5

UPDATE:keywords changed, much better

Last edited:
Level 8
why is it going from red to blue? there are an unnecessary amount of bones, same effect could be easily achieved by 1 or 2 particle emmiters and no bones. all in all, you could work on this. also incredibly annoying and "noob"-ish "keyword" choice, for that alone i would put 0/5 but i will have to settle for 1.

1/5

UPDATE:keywords changed, much better

Harsh...

Nice aura btw

Level 26
it is not harsh, harsh would be me saying i will eat your babies and make you die of anal bleedage, i am pointing out that the way he made his model is unnecessarily complicated and could be accomplished in a simpler fashion, and at a smaller filesize. I am a firm believer that anyone can find a use for something, so im sure that someone could "use" this model, however when they use it, it should not take up more space than it has to, i bet for the screenshot at the top of the page, vestras was having some lagging issues with so many of those playing at once.

Level 17
it is not harsh, harsh would be me saying i will eat your babies and make you die of anal bleedage, i am pointing out that the way he made his model is unnecessarily complicated and could be accomplished in a simpler fashion, and at a smaller filesize. I am a firm believer that anyone can find a use for something, so im sure that someone could "use" this model, however when they use it, it should not take up more space than it has to, i bet for the screenshot at the top of the page, vestras was having some lagging issues with so many of those playing at once.

Sure it might have been done better, but that's no reason to give 1/5 now is it?
It has an very low filesize, nobody is going to care if it's 1 or 2 kb smaller or bigger.
And now why would it lag? Because it is done unoptimized?
It only has like what 24 polies and 4kb? That's nothing compared to most models here having 2k polies and 200 kb space?
If you create 10 in the screen then the game would lag for some people.

Point is, weak argument, you lose.

I like the aura, might use it.

Level 10
I agree with Airandius. It's a nice effect and functional aura that could be used with success if you dare to think outside-the-box. Certainly not a 1/5 model.

Good work, Vestras. =)