• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Masters of the Multiverse 2.3c

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
REFORGED PLAYERS TAKE NOTE (31/1/20)
- This map is NOT playable as of reforged release
- Changes to the way tileset forcing works means it *probably* never will be.

MASTERS OF THE MULTIVERSE
Date: 5/6/2016
Genre: Hack and Slash
Players: 1

The power of doom has once again been unleashed across the many worlds.
A force only the greatest heroes of space (and time) can hope to stop.
Travel across the myriad realms and conquer the corruption as it sprouts.
For fame, for glory, for the virtue that is 'to strike'.

Overview
Pick a larger than life hero, fight your way across a myriad of worlds as quickly as possible.

A hack-n-slash map best described as 'shooting hundreds of fish in a barrel.'
Choose a mission, blow up all the monsters, get loot, experience and fame, repeat.
Aim to achieve the most Fame with the least Time.

Though beware; Time turns all things to dust, and eventually Fame fades even for the most renown of heroes.

Author's Notes
An actually playable spin on "You can only strike".
Initially began as an experiment in terrain generation that sort of took on a life of it's own.
Also pretty light-hearted/stupid in theme; which was interesting to create to say the least.

General

- Significantly improved terrain shapes
- Improved monster spawning to be more effecient
- Improved event spawning (it should look neater and be more evenly spaced)
- New Sage: Iron Sage, who can help you recycle your items.

Monsters
- Complete monster ability overhaul
- Monster wards/bombs/towers now come in 4 elements (void,frost,magic and acid)
- Traps encounters reworked they now spawn a selection of bombs, wards and other deadly things.
- New Encounter: The Vault

- 1 New Boss for each biome
- Changed the visuals of bombs to better stand out
- Boss attack and health raised significantly
- New Boss skills
- Rebalanced dimensional portals to be more rewarding and dangerous
- Minor changes to what monsters can spawn in what biomes
- Significantly reduced the quantity of rare and epic mobs

Hero
- You now lose a significant portion of your fame on death
- Buffed mana regen upgrade
- Buffed execute bonuses
- Minor reworks to Bow Prodigy's passives
- Storm Juggler: 4th passive has its stats moved around to be more sensible

Items
- Heavily buffed all 'Weapon and Armour' class items, they gain gain more powerful/interesting properties sooner, also there are no longer specific ranged/melee weapons.
- Increased the number of Weapon class items by almost 2x
- Increased the number of Armour class items by almost 6x
- New Item Class: Trinket (many of the old aura items have been moved to this class)
- Improved itemtooltip clarity; all nonstacking effects are now denoted by having a unqiue ability name.
MoMv2.2
------------
General
- Dying no longer ends the game, instead you respawn at the home dimension.
- Mission Limit reduced to 11 from 12, the Final Encounter now has its own unique portal
- 'Bonus Items' reward has been replaced with 'More Fame' reward
- 'Better Items' reward now gives at least 1 item of bonus tier
- Items no longer sell for anything
- Terrain features now include rocks
- Terrain features now have more even spacing
- Underground tileset removed
- 5 new tilesets (Volcano, Jungle, Ruins, Savannah, Glacier)

Encounters
- Encounters spawn more evenly spaced
- Ambushes now spawn signifcantly more monsters
- Spawner Buildings - Renamed to Fortifications; they now spawn much larger monster packs but do so less frequently. Defense Towers that come with them are now sigifcantly stronger and have 2 new variants.
- Dimensional Ambushes - Stray portals removed, only shrines remain, they now trigger when approached.
- Fame Boxes - Replaced with Treasure encounters, Treasure encounters have variants that reward different item types
- Mystery Levers, Hidden Treasures now trigger when touched instead of being destructible
- New Encounter type: Traps - sometimes when you touch an interactable object it may set off a trap.
Monster
- Epic monsters are no longer of specific creature types, now any mob has a chance to spawn at epic quality
- Bosses no longer tied to specific tileset, instead similar biomes share bosses (eg. Lich is able to spawn in any cold tileset)
- Remade all boss skills, boss skillsets are now more varied
- Voidzones now drain mana, they also have a new visual

Hero
- Rescaled fame - The raw values are smaller but the relative buying power remains the same
- Rescaled mana - In general you have a larger pool to work with but less recovery from both innate regen and by execute
- Agi now gives critical damage, it also no longer scales crit chance
- Int no longer scales crit damage
- Spellpower upgrade improved to 20% per level
- Haste upgrade reduced to 0.1 base attack time per level
- The tooltip of various upgrades have been rewritten to more accurately reflect what they do.
- New upgrade property: Execution chance can now be raised
- New upgrade property: Mana regeneration

New Hero: Realmshaper
New Hero: Dragon Tamer
- Bow Prodigy - Reworked Shoot from all Sides and Homing Dogs, minor numeric buffs to passive skills
- Knight Gambler - Minor numerical rebalances, his base power is raised while his high-roll potential is even greater
- Storm Juggler - Reworked entire skillset, in general his skills hit harder but slower. He also has more reasons to scale attack damage.
- Legion Killer - Reworked entire skillset, he is now much less dependant on specific skill combinations/leveling paths to clear well. He has also has more support for spellpower centric builds.
- Glaive Farmer - Dispensers duration reduced signifcantly
MoMv 2.1
------------

Map
-------
- Increased the fame gain from chests
- Added a few new items

Monsters
--------------
- Rare monsters have significantly more life
- Increased the variability in standard monster life
- Retooled some boss skills
- Bosses now enrage as their life drops; increasing their ability use

Hero
--------
- Reduced the cost of most active skills
- Increased the power but reduced the duration of Fioline's Hounds
- Increased the damage of Caedrus's Arrow Clouds
- Fixed a few bugs related to summoned units
MoMv 2.0
------------

Map
-------
- Reworked the entire terrain generation.
> Layout variety has been increased
> Boss room is now much larger with more features
- Reworked levels
> You are now offered a choice of missions with varying tilesets/rewards
> There are now spawners/brief hero siege type events among other things that you can encounter
> There are now also secret objectives which only reveal themselves when near
- Reworked loot system
> More tiers of items, tone of new items
> Items now reward when you return to base
> New item types including tomes added to random drop pool

Monsters
--------------
- Reworked the entire monster rarity system (it now uses standard Blizzard item notation; common/rare/epic etc.)
> It should be easier to distinguish monster level/power
> Retooled life/damage scaling of all mobs
> Boss life now scales much higher, they also have significant regen (enjoy your new target dummy!)

Hero
--------
- Reworked skill progression
> You are now offered choices over which skills to improve
> Skills have more ranks
- Added new skill/stat trainers for further customisation
- Secondary stats are tracked via multiboard
- Dimensional travel now carries summons across

Keywords:
Action, hack, and, slash, Perhaps, You, can, only , strike, grind, horde, survival, time, attack, score, slap, face, hard, tons, of, enemies, explosions, explosion, really big explosions, dimensions, portal, travel, waygate, mindless, relaxing,
Contents

Masters of the Multiverse v2.3b (Map)

Reviews
00:59, 9th Jun 2016 Shadow Fury: This map requires tons of work.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Yay a single player map!
I'll play and review it.

edit: FFS what's up everyone protecting their maps *Rage* I just wanna run it through the editor so I don't have to spamm my map folder *endofrage*

Map Name: MASTERS OF THE MULTIVERSE
Version: 1.0
Author: Kino

Terrain

While the terrain was a little bit bellow average, I can understand why. Since you randomize terrain, you cannot replace doodads which made it limited to destructables.
Still, I think that's a good trade.I would advice you to create custom destructables and use doodad models in order to add decoration objects such as flowers, plants etc.
3/5

Gameplay

The map got quick and entertaining gameplay however there are some things to mention

• There are major balanceing issue from my point of view.The first level was really hard, I had to kite and abuse boss mechanics in order to clear it. However the other levels were faceroll in comparison, I just right clicked and everything died. The only way to make it chllanging was to masspull (as a ranger, which should neveer be done) and still it was easy because of the self heal, and the mana reset when leveling so I could essensially spamm it.
  • The rewards given are really not exciting. After reaching level 15 you get no ability upgrades and you merely get boring tombs for completeing a leve. And the tomes are exactly the same tomes you got for completeing the first world, it makes progession less fun since.
4/5

Story

Does not exist.
null/5

Uniqueness

Nothing mind blowing, it's pretty simple actually.
2/5

Overall

Overall this is a fun and easy to get into map, with random generated terrain which makes it feel less repeatable despite it being a grind heavy map.
However the fun decays due the lack of feeling of progression which should be adressed in one way or another.

Right now I give it 3/5 but I'll happily give it a 4 if said areas were improved/changed.
3/5

Bugs

-bosses return to their spawn point if chasing you too far, this allows you to DPS them down while returning making the fight really easy for ranged heroes.

Reviewed by

Last edited:
Level 23
There are major balanceing issue from my point of view.The first level was really hard, I had to kite and abuse boss mechanics in order to clear it.

What did you in terms of skillbuild/tactics?
From personal tests, I felt that Bow Legend had the easiest start.

However the other levels were faceroll in comparison, I just right clicked and everything died. The only way to make it chllanging was to masspull (as a ranger, which should neveer be done) and still it was easy because of the self heal, and the mana reset when leveling so I could essensially spamm it.

That is intentional.
After all, the main aim of the game is a score attack, ie. the end goal is to get the highest score to clear speed ratio.
Being able to survive bare minimum is expected.

The rewards given are really not exciting. After reaching level 15 you get no ability upgrades and you merely get boring tombs for completeing a leve. And the tomes are exactly the same tomes you got for completeing the first world, it makes progession less fun since.

Curious, what would you prefer to tomes?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
What did you in terms of skillbuild/tactics?
From personal tests, I felt that Bow Legend had the easiest start.
I maxed out the passives first, lightning > the other one.
To be honest they other two were not important.

That is intentional.
After all the main aim of the game is a score attack, ie. the end goal is to get the highest score to clear speed ratio.
Being able to survive bare minimum is expected.
Fair enough.
But since you get the same exp no mater how fast you clear a level, and the points given increases, clearing it slow and making it to a higher level because of that is more valuable point wise.

I mean clearing the 10th level gives more points than the first 5 combined. So slow and steady wins the race.

Curious, what would you prefer to tomes?
Maybe some sort of consumable. I think that could be fun.

Level 23
To be honest they other two were not important.

I don't really know how to address your issue, since I have never run into said problems by investing in the active skills.
From personal playthroughs, homing dogs are invaluable for destroying bosses.

Fair enough.
But since you get the same exp no mater how fast you clear a level, and the points given increases, clearing it slow and making it to a higher level because of that is more valuable point wise.

I mean clearing the 10th level gives more points than the first 5 combined. So slow and steady wins the race.

Yes, but if you go at max speed from the get go, you can end up with an even higher score (yes, it can be done).
To me, the slow and steady start is a fair strategy, as long as it isn't the best.

I am of the opinion that completing this map at bare minimum shouldn't be hard, but attaining a high score should be.
That said, I will consider giving a larger reward for faster clears early.

Maybe some sort of consumable. I think that could be fun.

Noted.

Level 5
On the first level, I was kinda shock when I hit one creep, then suddenly a massive of creeps just chase me, and killed me. On my next try, I use cheat just to kill half of the creeps, then I turn it off. I manage to finish that level. Level 2 is easier now, since I got some tomes to make the hero stronger. After I finish level 2 and reach level 5, I kinda lost interest on playing it further more. The hero became more stronger. As a result, the more level I finish, the more the hero gets stronger.

I wish the rewards are even more useful. Yeah I know the tomes are useful. But what I meant was like items, maybe some upgrades, and some new abilities when finish a specific level.

I don't know if you did this on purpose, but sometimes there's a spell casted from the hero without even using that specific spell, such as fans of knives, frost armor and so on. It happens on me all the time, which it make it useful for me to battle the creeps.

The creeps was off the mark. I don't like the variations of it, such as the Land Ship. And the creeps gets weaker when I ever finish a level. As well as the bosses. Plus, it seems the bosses don't have spells to use against me.

Terrain is fine, nothing much to say about it, it changes (I think) everytime I finish a level. It makes the map more cooler when playing. Plus, I think the terrain is not really needed in this kind of map. But improving would be great, to make a wonderful enviroment and atmosphere while playing.

Overall, the map is fun to play, but I think its need a lot of polishing.​

Level 21
Not really a good map because gameplay heavily lacks variation and you easily lose interest in playing the game. While I do understand the game consists in wiping all enemies in every world as quickly as possible, you forgot the "fun factor". It was amusing and exciting for the first 5 worlds when my hero was still reasonably strong, however when she maxed all skills, she became overpowered so henceforth the game inevitably boring.
World 1 is the best one so far because you really need to use your intelligence to get through the creeps and kill them all; you can't simply rambo. However, following this world, you only keep spamming your skills as quickly as possible to clear the hostiles along with the random skills (impale, chain lightning, fan of knives etc...) that appear to be cast automatically for no apparent reason. That's extremely repetitive and does not motivate the player to go on playing. There's also no challenge in finishing the worlds as fast as possible if I don't get any suitable reward for the rapidity and if I don't have someone to compete with. That's another con. Ah, talking about rewards, receiving tomes every time as reward is inappropriate. In future worlds, a scanty increase in stats won't have any noticeable impact on my hero.
I must say, however, that all spells were impressive and eye-candy! Excellent job!

I played with Dragon Mistress. When I'd gotten the skill Flock of Dragon to maximum level, that is cooldown one second, I only kept spamming it along with the ultimate skill (same purpose) for all the game. Mana regeneration was ridiculously high in late game; I could restore 5000 mana in no more than 3 seconds so I could get 100% healed with Heroic Spirit and still manage to cast all skills.
Unfortunately, after some time, the two skills aforementioned bugged; they didn't emit the dragons anymore nor did they deal any damage. I had to proceed with cheats.
Bosses were not a problem either because the first skill instantly killed them in one shot. I think this needs some nerfing.
There's also another strange bug. At some point, while I was hack'n'slashing my way, it told me "DEFEAT" yet my hero was still alive! Are you sure your triggers have got nothing wrong?
Lastly, there's a problem with ranged units. In World 1, I noticed that if I attack creeps from a certain distance, they don't attack me back and stand still. Did you order them to hold position?

Judging the aesthetics, all worlds followed the same fashion. Just a bunch of trees with different tiles every time. Yes, I do realize creating several diverse worlds with only one tileset is nearly impossible (kudos for that, great job!) but still the result was not very eye-appealing anyway.

In conclusion, this map is far from an approval and requires lots of work. Try to fix the bugs and make the gameplay more intriguing. For now, it is set to needs fix.

Level 23
That's another con. Ah, talking about rewards, receiving tomes every time as reward is inappropriate. In future worlds, a scanty increase in stats won't have any noticeable impact on my hero.

Unfortunately it does.
The total stat gain from tomes does effectively bump your hero level +20 - 30.

That's extremely repetitive and does not motivate the player to go on playing. There's also no challenge in finishing the worlds as fast as possible if I don't get any suitable reward for the rapidity and if I don't have someone to compete with.

The score system exists for that reason.
Don't know about you, I enjoy score attack games even to best my own personal score.
As this is a wc3 map I cannot give you any "real" rewards such as free character skins or a discount off your next purchase.

Unfortunately, after some time, the two skills aforementioned bugged; they didn't emit the dragons anymore nor did they deal any damage. I had to proceed with cheats.
Bosses were not a problem either because the first skill instantly killed them in one shot. I think this needs some nerfing.
There's also another strange bug. At some point, while I was hack'n'slashing my way, it told me "DEFEAT" yet my hero was still alive! Are you sure your triggers have got nothing wrong?
Lastly, there's a problem with ranged units. In World 1, I noticed that if I attack creeps from a certain distance, they don't attack me back and stand still. Did you order them to hold position?

Do you have a replay?
Ive run this map dozens of times and this bug has never occurred.

Roland

R

Roland

I thought this was another Map of He-man.. but hey, This map is incredible! I love the gameplay and it's fun. Keep up the great work!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
-needs a better description (quest log), also specific credits
-how/when do you choose levels for other abilities? I could only play with the two starting point spells in the first world
-the second world did not load; I just got a message with figs in a fruit and waited... Pressed ESC and the game froze for 0.5 secs then nothing
-ESC is for randomizing stuff, like the time; I can't see anything else since everything is black and the game like that with the world clear message on the screen

2.5/5.

Level 23
Changelog 1.4
-----------------------
- Rebalanced monster pack size and scaling
- Increased boss reward
- Rebalanced heroic spirit
- Arrow shooting arrows and Lightning Rods can now proc from Shoot from all sides
- Fixed an issue with how Monk Seal caps.

Content
- Scrambled some of the BOSS orders
- Added permenent loot
- Heroes now have an ultra skill on round 10
- 3 New Heroes; Dragon Tamer, Storm Juggler, Matron of Thieves

God Hand
- Some Bugfixes
- Suplex the Universe now grants a buff if it fails.
- New skill 1; Atmospheric Shout, gain Impossible odds for 4 seconds

Visuals
- Interdimesional mist is now more blue
- Some icon changes
- Fixed some typos
- Rescaled some unit sizes
- Re-terrained the BOSS Arena

Level 26
I was reading the other guys reviews, and I have no idea how they even got past level one without being the ranger, abusing the bug taht enemies won't attack if attack them from max range.
Did we even play the same game?

I honestly don't know what to say about this map, since it is just heavily unbalanced in my opinion. I got nowhere with any other character but the ranger.
Sure, it was fun mowing down tons of enemies in few seconds, but dying just as quick or, alternately run back and forth to wait for mana to regenerate and heal was not that great.

Even when I did take it really careful with the ranger not to pull all enemies at once, healing, and finally clearing the first level, I got to this boss fight where I had no chance of winning. The dimension master just killed me with mass lightnings. I tried to retreat and heal, but I couldn't run anywhere and the boss had unlimited range so he could just keep dealing more damage than I could heal.

I feel like I'm missing something important to make the gameplay more... complete?

SEMI EDIT:
I tried it again before posting.
When I tried it the fifth time, I picked the archer again, go to the boss again, and this time I was just more lucky. I had lots of those randomized abilities going, and I defeated him. After level 3, I had those homeing dogs, and I just kept summoning them to do all the work for me. It was going great until the end of world 6 or 7, when, in the boss fight, a wisp spawned on top of me and killed me almost directly.

Well, a random, and not bad game, since it is fun to mow down your enemies, but still quite simple. Can be fun to kill some time.
Works as intended (I think) most of the time, but when I got into the game at first it felt useless since I couldn't do anything unless I exploited the game mechanics, which didn't feel like that was right.

I'm not sure what to do here.

Level 23
I was reading the other guys reviews, and I have no idea how they even got past level one without being the ranger, abusing the bug taht enemies won't attack if attack them from max range.

To be honest, I don't even know what game everyone who has commented is playing.
Iv'e personally played this to completion almost a hundred times and none of the bugs mentioned have ever cropped up for me.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Tried this again:
-well, it's a nice hack'n'slash overall but it kind of feels like attack-move most of the time with the God Hand; later on Heroic Spirit can just be spammed
-could be nice if the boss arenas weren't the same as the place where the player buys tomes; honestly, strength heroes have the most to benefit from their class tomes
-the tree boss is weaker than the previous demon boss

Final verdict is that the gameplay becomes repetitive after a while. Stopped after reaching the third demon (that looks like a purple or pink Eredar Warlock; the one in the screenshot, I think).
3.5/5. It has replayability value. Imagine having a multiplayer mode too...

Last edited:
Level 23
-well, it's a nice hack'n'slash overall but it kind of feels like attack-move most of the time with the God Hand; later on Heroic Spirit can just be spammed
Working entirely as intended.
-could be nice if the boss arenas weren't the same as the place where the player buys tomes; honestly, strength heroes have the most to benefit from their class tomes
Both those statements are demonstrably false.
-the tree boss is weaker than the previous demon boss
Works as intended.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Both those statements are demonstrably false.
Hmm? Have you changed the way attributes work? If not, the only thing to compensate for that would be the hero abilities or some items, I don't know.
About the arenas: they're not the same? Hmm... they sure look similar.
Working entirely as intended.
If that's supposed to be fun pressing "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx......n" while the enemy units and boss nearby lose health and the hero gains, then yes, it works as intended.

I don't like your way of not actually answering.

Level 23
If that's supposed to be fun pressing "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx......n" while the enemy units and boss nearby lose health and the hero gains, then yes, it works as intended.

If the question is "all this map involves is positioning a hero and using abilities", then well; it is not going to change.
Though, good luck in trying to find a hero-based map that can't be reduced to said statement.

I don't like your way of not actually answering.

I cant force you to engage with my answer.
If you want to ignore it and consider it "not actually an answer", there's really nothing I can do about that.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
-I suggest not unselecting the hero when transitioning from a place to the other (especially to the boss arena)

Just got past the first boss in the first go with all other heroes except the sorceress.
The way I see it, this map can be approved and is working quite well. The most surprising fact is that I've observed no leaks/game latency providing elements.

I also want to add that Heroic Spirit is on all heroes and is the key to actually playing the game/staying alive. How I see it, it is easier to use while playing heroes based on strength as they can take a lot more damage than the others giving enough time for the spell to gain its necessary mana to be used.

Last edited:
Level 26
That's true.
I tried it a little further after my last post.

You may need to restart it a few times to get a hang of the playstyle, but when you do, it is a quite enjoyable game.

A few things that I'd like to point out:
It would be good if you restart the map automatically, so that you don't have to laod the entire thing again after dying? Just starting from the beginning.
Perhaps the "Homeing Dog" could be fixed, since I could just stand in one place and summon tons of them to clear the map for me.
The boss fights could be more interesting.

I had fun while playing, although the playstyle may become a little monotone after a while.
Map Approved. I'll leave the rating to be done by the community.

Level 23
I also want to add that Heroic Spirit is on all heroes and is the key to actually playing the game/staying alive.

This.
The entire key to playing this is to manage when and how often to use your steroid.
Same goes for a lot of the skill design; such as Homing Dog, the less you mana you spend of recovery; the more you spend on creating an endless snowball to clear maps faster and more efficiently.
In theory the faster and more aggressively you play, the less you'll need to waste mana on healing and more you can spend on stacking up damage/speed.

The potential for infinite healing is pretty much a must, to give you the option making a comeback without wasting too much time.

How I see it, it is easier to use while playing heroes based on strength as they can take a lot more damage than the others giving enough time for the spell to gain its necessary mana to be used.

I do agree that both Str heroes are too powerful; although that's more to do with the their skill-kits being able to fill in the lack of Agi/Int too easily rather than the stat itself being too good.

-I suggest not unselecting the hero when transitioning from a place to the other (especially to the boss arena)
Any particular reason why you feel this way?

It would be good if you restart the map automatically, so that you don't have to laod the entire thing again after dying? Just starting from the beginning.
I am willing to consider the idea of infinite lives that sap some of your max score per death.
Ill think about it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Any particular reason why you feel this way?
It just annoys me (it's not a must or anything) to press 1/F1 or select the hero every time. Don't see the reason behind not having the hero selected=ready for battle.
I am willing to consider the idea of infinite lives that sap some of your max score per death.
Well, loading works.

Level 23
------------
- Fixed an error with Boss life scaling
- Fixed a bug with Suplex the Universe
- Reduced crit damage for monsters
- Increases Critical Kill chance
- Fixed a bug where the Ender of Dimensions could aggro through blockers
- Fixed a bug where Thousand Splinters would proc from the wrong location
- Monster demographics are now entirely based on tileset

Content
- Legend of the Blade is now 243% more stupid
- The weakness is wood
- Icecrown tileset removed
- Dungeon tleset removed

New Hero; Ghails Derva, Glaive Farmer
New Hero: Caedrus Alevanus, Rain of the Bow

Level 14
Hey Kino,

This map of yours is just really fun to play. I enjoyed the excellent, fast hack n slay gameplay a lot. This game is perfect if one wants to simply enjoy a good, virtual madness.
Who would ever expect an hack and slay gameplay to offer in depth gameplay? It is not intended to deliver that. Instead it is meant for easy, fun, crazy battles, and your map is absolutely perfect for that.
It maybe beneficial to add some elements to avoid it getting boring for some , however, actually I found the whole concept to be ralxing but not boring.

Level 14
With additional elements, I meant especially the boss fights.

At the moment, they are all very similar and while I appreciate this characteristic during a normal hack n slay game, I somehow expect the boss fights to be contradictory to this mantra.

It would be cool to make the boss fights involve the terrain or to be able to use more tactics than just hit and run and try to survive. At least, I was not able to use any other tactic, nor see any other way in theory.

(Also, the normal game-play would benefit from involving some terrain, for example being able to cause avalanches or something like that. )

I mean it is just my opinion and in general this game is great, but if you spiced up the boss fights as I tried to explain, this would enhance the whole game concept.

Level 14
I thought, maybe you could teach your "terrain engine" to create some mountains as well, and lets assume, you got some kind of a mountain: by attacking it (man, that sounds pretty stupid), you cause some boulders to roll down and damage everything in path, creating some dust, maybe even destroying trees as well.
Well, after reading through it again, it sounds unrealistic.

Level 23
I thought, maybe you could teach your "terrain engine" to create some mountains as well, and lets assume, you got some kind of a mountain: by attacking it (man, that sounds pretty stupid), you cause some boulders to roll down and damage everything in path, creating some dust, maybe even destroying trees as well.
Well, after reading through it again, it sounds unrealistic.

I have no idea how to make that work.
That said, the next update will redo most of the boss skills as well as make the boss signature moves more distinct.
Hope that helps.

Level 23
------------
- Heroic spirit damage buff increased
- Greatly increased the reward for interactables (prisoners, boxes, cages), spawn rate decreased.
- Hostile effects are now purple instead of red
- Redid all boss skills, bosses have new signature moves
- Difficulty cap is now 15 (up from 10)
- Exiting the level now requires you to attack a portal stone.
- Levels are "generally" more open now.

Hero
--------
- Rebalanced Glaive-farmer, his base range is much shorter, but bounce reach is increased, attack bounces also greatly increased.
- Rebalanced Storm Juggler's speed/damage ratio (hits harder but slower in general), his main stat is now agility
New Hero; Dasyurus, Legion-Killer

Fixes
---------
- Fixed an error with minion damage and critical calculation
- Fixed a bug with champions always spawning of the same unit type

Level 23
------------
Map
-------
- Map is now wider
- Sidepaths are now sorter on average, monsters are more likely to spawn in side areas
- Score leak is up all the time
- Timer of Doom is gone.

Monsters
--------------
- Added new monster modifiers
- Champions now have additional passives ontop of their auras
- Monster base damage increased
- Zone effects hit harder
- Rate of Champion/Empowered mobs spawn is now based on total monster population (as opposed to flat values)
- Monster bonuses from the Corrupted Realm/Champion modifiers increased
- Mob rank indicators have been updated
- Prisoners are now guarded by Jailors
- Cages are now called Dens, they are guarded by Beastmasters
- Treasures are now guarded by Curators
- A Dark Knight now stands guard at the end of each level
- Vicous Foes upgrade removed

Hero
--------
- Remade Glaive Farmer, expect many more blades to fly.
- Redid some of Rain of the Bow's skills, targetting should be more responsive
- New Hero; Sena Davaldi; Sower of Cinders

Fixes
---------
- Changed the model of portals (again)
- Changed critical effect for monsters
- The weakness is now wooder
- All "walk in" portals replaced by interactable variants
- Fixed an error where shoot from all sides was double dipping from stats.
- Fixed an error with Rain of the Bow's effects

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
If the Timer of Doom is gone, doesn't that mean the player can just roam freely now? Well, there's that guardian. Does it have to die first to be able to get to the next zone?

EDIT: is it just me or there aren't any credits on the first post?

Level 23
MoMv 2.0
------------

Map
-------
- Reworked the entire terrain generation.
> Layout variety has been increased
> Boss room is now much larger with more features

- Reworked levels
> You are now offered a choice of missions with varying tilesets/rewards
> There are now spawners/brief hero siege type events among other things that you can encounter
> There are now also secret objectives which only reveal themselves when near

- Reworked loot system
> More tiers of items, tone of new items
> Items now reward when you return to base
> New item types including tomes added to random drop pool

Monsters
--------------
- Reworked the entire monster rarity system (it now uses standard Blizzard item notation; common/rare/epic etc.)
> It should be easier to distinguish monster level/power
> Retooled life/damage scaling of all mobs
> Boss life now scales much higher, they also have significant regen (enjoy your new target dummy!)

Hero
--------
- Reworked skill progression
> You are now offered choices over which skills to improve
> Skills have more ranks

- Added new skill/stat trainers for further customisation
- Secondary stats are tracked via multiboard
- Dimensional travel now carries summons across

Level 14
I played the Storm Juggler.
Toss Tempest only worked once and never worked again.
The boss room kept spawning units until it was full of them (around a few hundreds) - no idea if it is intentional or not.

Second time I played Legion Killer.
It was much easier since the spells actually worked.

Remarks:
  • Fame Stash returns are too low compared to what you get from the mobs.
  • + x% Attack Damage don't stack (tested with Unident + Sharpe Thinghe)
  • "Armour" but on the UI it is "Armor"
  • Armor items don't give armor. Overall items seem to be bugged.
  • Didn't receive bonus skill points.
Impression:
I think the map is good but it plays itself a bit too much. Maybe add more customization character wise and world wise. I also suggest adding a restart feature in the game itself.

Last edited:
Level 5
Yeah it is hacking and... slashing.

But no story no deeper context, just drop in and kill, I suppose it is a good map if that is all you want, too simplistic and boring to me.

Level 23
- Toss Tempest only worked once and never worked again.
- Didn't receive bonus skill points

Noted and fixed.

• + x% Attack Damage don't stack (tested with Unident + Sharpe Thinghe)
  • Armor items don't give armor. Overall items seem to be bugged

Items that give you a bonus via. command card buff (ie. all weapon and armour class items) do not stack.

Fame Stash returns are too low compared to what you get from the mobs
Noted

Level 23
MoMv 2.1
------------

Map
-------
- Increased the fame gain from chests
- Added a few new items

Monsters
--------------
- Rare monsters have significantly more life
- Increased the variability in standard monster life
- Retooled some boss skills
- Bosses now enrage as their life drops; increasing their ability use

Hero
--------
- Reduced the cost of most active skills
- Increased the power but reduced the duration of Fioline's Hounds
- Increased the damage of Caedrus's Arrow Clouds
- Fixed a few bugs related to summoned units

Level 23
MoMv2.2
------------
General
- Dying no longer ends the game, instead you respawn at the home dimension.
- Mission Limit reduced to 11 from 12, the Final Encounter now has its own unique portal
- 'Bonus Items' reward has been replaced with 'More Fame' reward
- 'Better Items' reward now gives at least 1 item of bonus tier
- Items no longer sell for anything
- Terrain features now include rocks
- Terrain features now have more even spacing
- Underground tileset removed
- 5 new tilesets (Volcano, Jungle, Ruins, Savannah, Glacier)

Encounters
- Encounters spawn more evenly spaced
- Ambushes now spawn signifcantly more monsters
- Spawner Buildings - Renamed to Fortifications; they now spawn much larger monster packs but do so less frequently. Defense Towers that come with them are now sigifcantly stronger and have 2 new variants.
- Dimensional Ambushes - Stray portals removed, only shrines remain, they now trigger when approached.
- Fame Boxes - Replaced with Treasure encounters, Treasure encounters have variants that reward different item types
- Mystery Levers, Hidden Treasures now trigger when touched instead of being destructible
- New Encounter type: Traps - sometimes when you touch an interactable object it may set off a trap.
Monster
- Epic monsters are no longer of specific creature types, now any mob has a chance to spawn at epic quality
- Bosses no longer tied to specific tileset, instead similar biomes share bosses (eg. Lich is able to spawn in any cold tileset)
- Remade all boss skills, boss skillsets are now more varied
- Voidzones now drain mana, they also have a new visual

Hero
- Rescaled fame - The raw values are smaller but the relative buying power remains the same
- Rescaled mana - In general you have a larger pool to work with but less recovery from both innate regen and by execute
- Agi now gives critical damage, it also no longer scales crit chance
- Int no longer scales crit damage
- Spellpower upgrade improved to 20% per level
- Haste upgrade reduced to 0.1 base attack time per level
- The tooltip of various upgrades have been rewritten to more accurately reflect what they do.
- New upgrade property: Execution chance can now be raised
- New upgrade property: Mana regeneration

New Hero: Realmshaper
New Hero: Dragon Tamer
- Bow Prodigy - Reworked Shoot from all Sides and Homing Dogs, minor numeric buffs to passive skills
- Knight Gambler - Minor numerical rebalances, his base power is raised while his high-roll potential is even greater
- Storm Juggler - Reworked entire skillset, in general his skills hit harder but slower. He also has more reasons to scale attack damage.
- Legion Killer - Reworked entire skillset, he is now much less dependant on specific skill combinations/leveling paths to clear well. He has also has more support for spellpower centric builds.
- Glaive Farmer - Dispensers duration reduced signifcantly
- Star Kindler - Reworked skillset, in general spells are more spammable but lower in power.

Level 23

General

- Significantly improved terrain shapes
- Improved monster spawning to be more effecient
- Improved event spawning (it should look neater and be more evenly spaced)
- New Sage: Iron Sage, who can help you recycle your items.

Monsters
- Complete monster ability overhaul
- Monster wards/bombs/towers now come in 4 elements (void,frost,magic and acid)
- Traps encounters reworked they now spawn a selection of bombs, wards and other deadly things.
- New Encounter: The Vault

- 1 New Boss for each biome
- Changed the visuals of bombs to better stand out
- Boss attack and health raised significantly
- New Boss skills
- Rebalanced dimensional portals to be more rewarding and dangerous
- Minor changes to what monsters can spawn in what biomes
- Significantly reduced the quantity of rare and epic mobs

Hero
- You now lose a significant portion of your fame on death
- Buffed mana regen upgrade
- Buffed execute bonuses
- Minor reworks to Bow Prodigy's passives
- Storm Juggler: 4th passive has its stats moved around to be more sensible

Items
- Heavily buffed all 'Weapon and Armour' class items, they gain gain more powerful/interesting properties sooner, also there are no longer specific ranged/melee weapons.
- Increased the number of Weapon class items by almost 2x
- Increased the number of Armour class items by almost 6x
- New Item Class: Trinket (many of the old aura items have been moved to this class)
- Improved itemtooltip clarity; all nonstacking effects are now denoted by having a unqiue ability name.