• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Master Of All Classes v1.1

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

Master of All Classes
Created by IcemanBo

Introduction:
Master of All Classes was made for Mini-Mapping Contest #8.
It is a 2D single player Jump & Run game, inspired by older games like Super Mario or Rayman.

Story:
You play as Vivi, a Black Mage, and a much feared DJ in that time.
The time has come to a new DJ-contest and so you are gonna to participate.
But the last champion, the Fire Lord, doesnt want to let you enter the contest, so he is hunting you.

Gameplay:
Pass all stages with using arrow keys.
Your abilites are: Jump, Enegry Shield, Run and Shoot.
There is also the possibility to use ladders and barrels to reach higher spots.
The goal of the game is to master Free-/Ice- and the Lava world.. without touching the creeps of the Fire Lord.

Screenshots:

Free World

Ice World

Lava World

131725d1388446744-mini-game-mapping-contest-8-escape-freeworld.jpg
131726d1388446744-mini-game-mapping-contest-8-escape-iceworld.jpg
131727d1388446744-mini-game-mapping-contest-8-escape-lavaworld.jpg

Credits:
- KeyItem by Mc !
- Black Mage by Ampharos_222
- BTNChronoHD by KelThuzad
- dummymodel by Vexorian
- Siege Ladder by MassiveMaster
- BTNLunarShield by Hellx-Magnus

Notes:
Map is optimized. If you want original one you can contact me.
It is recommended to turn on music.
It is recommended to play this map with a delay reducer or on a good bot, because of the sensitive treatment with arrow keys.

Feedback is always appreciated

v1.1
New feeatures:
- Diving under water with new ability 'Energy Shield'
- Run ability as temporary boost
- Climbable ladders
- Energy fragments as items to increase mana
Others:
- Code improvement & restructuring
- Some level changes (not too many)
- Easteregg added

v1.0 - release

Keywords:
Minigame, Contest, #, 8, Escape, IcemanBo, null, nullSkill, Jump, and, run, 2D, world, Fire Lord, Black Mage, Vivi, Bo
Contents

Master Of All Classes v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
12:20, 15th Jan 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 based from I_am_Death's review. I shall be spotlighting it: I_am_Death's Review PM/VM if you need a review once again (a review coming from me).

M

12:20, 15th Jan 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 based from I_am_Death's review. I shall be spotlighting it: I_am_Death's Review

PM/VM if you need a review once again (a review coming from me).

+rep
LEGAL_EASE REVIEWS
LEGAL_EASE REVIEWS

MASTER OF ALL CLASSES

by Icemanbo

Really cool 2d scrolling movement system.
Great music. Clean and easy to learn. Description here is great.
All systems work well. All well chosen models and doodads.
This can hardly be called a map because there is really no map,
this is a whole new game. No reason why this shouldn't be 5/5

Vote to Approve

Level 6
REVIEW FOR THE MAP Master Of All Classes by I_am_Death
PROS:

- Interesting
- 2D game, Mario bros and warcraft is a great combination xD
- Music :3
- Unique :D
- Terrain average, not impressed me
- You use terrain as a part of gameplay :), gj man
CONS:

- Checkpoints are too far :c
- I dun see any energy fragment :c. Rare....
- When u died and revive at a checkpoint, smt u will turn upside down
- I've played many map like this before and the movement by key cant be smooth. So ofc it will happen with this map but some ground are too short to action
- Fireball is too small, hard to hit
- Speed buff hotkey doesnt work
SUGGESTIONS:

- Make speed buff and shield appear on status. I dont like da dust flying over mah head
- Make everything become un-clickable
- Firelord's minion kill us instanly :c. I want it burn mah health. Water do instant kill is enough
- Make ground be wider
- Improve fireball's description
- Change gold resource into Point
- Reduce Manacost, but also reduce the mp regen (or u can keep increase mana by collecting fragment, i's ok)
OVERALL:

That's all i can say. Very interesting map and could be better with multi :p. But the story... you should change: hunting you into prevent you from joining the contest

VOTING FOR:ApprovalRATING:3/5
[TD] FOR SOME QUESTIONS
CONCERNING THIS REVIEW:
[TD]
PM:VM:
[TD] OUR BETA
TESTING GROUP:
[TD] REVIEWED BY:
[/TD]
[TD] BETA TESTERS [/TD]
[/TD]
[TD] I_am_Death [/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

Level 21
That's quite fantastic but here are my remarks:-

The terrain wasn't really nice, especially in Free World. Outland Dirt and any type of Grass just don't fit together. In Ice World,
- Too few traps and intelligent mechanisms, some moving fire and spikes and spiny static traps aren't enough. I want something more innovative
- The boss fight was far too easy to win and the Fire Lord couldn't even strike me with his fireballs because they always hit the moving barrels. Also, the Fire Lord had only one ability
- I found a bug! I could fly!
233766-albums6886-picture78263.png

Despite the bad points, I think this map is marvellous because it has many great things like the arrows keys command, 2D gameplay and sophisticated use of terrain.

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Add more traps, like using "Trap Side Fire" or "Trap Side Frost" emerging from underground, more mechanisms like levers to activate something.
- You might also add some secret points in the map.
- Fix the bug
- Most important, make the final boss fight more amusing and exciting. Make the Fire Lord's fireballs pass the barrels and not hit them. Add more abilities to him like some Flame Strike ability, Magma Ray or something like that

To conclude, I'm giving this 3.5/5, rating 4, voting for APPROVAL and also rep you :)

Typos discovered so far.
-Speaker in the beginning: "Of couce" -> "Of course"
-Speaker in the beginning: "Isnt" -> "Isn't"
-Map Info "What to do": "Obstackles" -> "Obstacles" (also "pass 2 stages BY using not WITH)
-Map Info "Barrels": "cant" -> "can't" and "Methodes" -> "Methods" (also deleted the TO after "help you")
-Map Info "Dark Mage abilites": "abilites" -> "abilities" and "obstackles" again and "Energry" -> "Energy" and "unter" -> "under" (you are German alright :p).

Misc.
In the Map Info you might want to change "Dark" to "Black" mage.
It is quite frustrating to make precise jumping with the current movement system. But I can't see how it can be improved.

I'll add to this list as I go on.

Note:
This is in no way to make you look bad, merely to help you with things you overlooked :)

Level 6
ive seem some maps like this on reing of chaos (long time ago) but this one is a whole new level so im giving you a 4/5. ill be waiting for the next update

Thanks much, for a lof of reviews in that short time.. guys, really cool :thumbs_up:

Here are some statements:

+rep
legal_ease reviews
legal_ease reviews

master of all classes

by icemanbo

really cool 2d scrolling movement system.
Great music. Clean and easy to learn. Description here is great.
All systems work well. All well chosen models and doodads.
This can hardly be called a map because there is really no map,
this is a whole new game. No reason why this shouldn't be 5/5

vote to approve

Thx, Legal :grin:

review for the map master of all classes by i_am_death
pros:

- interesting
- 2d game, mario bros and warcraft is a great combination xd
- music :3
- unique :d
- terrain average, not impressed me
- you use terrain as a part of gameplay :), gj man
cons:

- checkpoints are too far :c
- i dun see any energy fragment :c. Rare....
- when u died and revive at a checkpoint, smt u will turn upside down
- i've played many map like this before and the movement by key cant be smooth. So ofc it will happen with this map but some ground are too short to action
- fireball is too small, hard to hit
- speed buff hotkey doesnt work
suggestions:

- make speed buff and shield appear on status. I dont like da dust flying over mah head
- make everything become un-clickable
- firelord's minion kill us instanly :c. I want it burn mah health. Water do instant kill is enough
- make ground be wider
- improve fireball's description
- change gold resource into point
- reduce manacost, but also reduce the mp regen (or u can keep increase mana by collecting fragment, i's ok)
overall:

that's all i can say. Very interesting map and could be better with multi :p. But the story... You should change: Hunting you into prevent you from joining the contest

voting for:approvalrating:3/5
[TD] for some questions
concerning this review:
[TD]
pm:vm:
[TD] our beta
testing group:
[TD] reviewed by:
[/TD]
[TD] beta testers [/TD]
[/TD]
[TD] i_am_death [/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

Thx for so much effort :) .. but I also wanna do some statements

1. "i dun see any energy fragment" - Well there are 8 of them, you have to look a bit for them, so idk...^^

2."when u died and revive at a checkpoint, smt u will turn upside down" - could you explain please?

3. Fire ball is about same as the attack of FireLord, you don't get an advanatge. But maybe I will make it a bit bigger.

4."speed buff hotkey doesnt work" - There should be no buff, only a little effect above the hero. The effect, and boost itself should work. Or what do you mean?

5. And sorry I won't do add buffs instead of effects, there are several trigger reasons for that. With these effects it's much cleaner.

6. "make all unclickable" - Everything is unclickable already :), or do you mean selectable? If yes, thats also such a trigger issue.

And story, I know it's actually crap.. but I'm very bad in story writing.. so I just made a non serious one :csmile:

that's quite fantastic but here are my remarks:-

the terrain wasn't really nice, especially in free world. Outland dirt and any type of grass just don't fit together. In ice world,
- too few traps and intelligent mechanisms, some moving fire and spikes and spiny static traps aren't enough. I want something more innovative
- the boss fight was far too easy to win and the fire lord couldn't even strike me with his fireballs because they always hit the moving barrels. Also, the fire lord had only one ability
- i found a bug! I could fly!
233766-albums6886-picture78263.png

despite the bad points, i think this map is marvellous because it has many great things like the arrows keys command, 2d gameplay and sophisticated use of terrain.

suggestions:-
- add more traps, like using "trap side fire" or "trap side frost" emerging from underground, more mechanisms like levers to activate something.
- you might also add some secret points in the map.
- fix the bug
- most important, make the final boss fight more amusing and exciting. Make the fire lord's fireballs pass the barrels and not hit them. Add more abilities to him like some flame strike ability, magma ray or something like that

to conclude, i'm giving this 3.5/5, rating 4, voting for approval and also rep you :)
Thx to you, too.

I know the terrain is not very attractive someties, especially the edges of tiles sometimes...maybe I will add a sky or something like this as background some day.

"I want something more innovative" - Me personally like the sliding feature very much in Ice World. But in next game I will try to implement yours. (I anyway just will make a second map out of it, with all new levels and so on instead of changing here too much)

Boss to easy? For me too it's not a real hard enemy, but I thought it's maybe I tested it thousend times. I had a tester which said it's too hard so I didnt make it harder.
But in next map I will add a boss in each level I think, and last boss will be harder.
And the attack by boss doesnt hit barrels. Maybe it just looked like it, but actually it just expries, same as Fire attack by black mage.

Wow, I'm sad you got this flying bug. ._.
I already found it, and I'm not sure if it's my fault or of wc3 accuracy of certain operations.. because I could not find any mistake in the code.
I will try to fix it anyway.

"- you might also add some secret points in the map." - There is an easteregg! Find it dude :csmile:

map approved with a rating of 3/5 based on i_am_death's review. Great review, i_am_death, you pretty much explained most of my points.

Great job to you as well, icemanbo!
Bit sad you didnt make own review, even I woud need to wait more time. But thanks for that ninja approval :thumbs_up:

@Solu9, thx for that list. I will change all these things in next update ^^.. and yes I'm german :p

Level 6
1. "i dun see any energy fragment" - Well there are 8 of them, you have to look a bit for them, so idk...^^

2."when u died and revive at a checkpoint, smt u will turn upside down" - could you explain please?

3. Fire ball is about same as the attack of FireLord, you don't get an advanatge. But maybe I will make it a bit bigger.

4."speed buff hotkey doesnt work" - There should be no buff, only a little effect above the hero. The effect, and boost itself should work. Or what do you mean?

5. And sorry I won't do add buffs instead of effects, there are several trigger reasons for that. With these effects it's much cleaner.

6. "make all unclickable" - Everything is unclickable already :), or do you mean selectable? If yes, thats also such a trigger issue.
1. K
2. Hmm, you respawn and you see your head is on ground and foot is walking in mid air but you still moving. But it happen sometime and turn back to normal fast
3. K
4. i pressed "E" many times, nothing happen until i use mouse click it
5. K
6. Yeah, that's right

Level 22
I can't seem to make v1.1 work, it perpetually loads, it gets stuck on the loading screen. Could someone else confirm this? Thanks you.

Level 22
Looks like my system is at fault, v1.0 works for me though.
EDIT: It looks like I made a mistake, v1.1 works, it just takes too long to load on my machine. Sorry :)

Anyway, the map is good, the music is nice, the controls are just NES-like (reminds me of megaman 2's flashman stage) lol XD But it's still enjoyable :D 5/5

Last edited:
Level 14
So I just played this map(s) 5 minutes ago and I personally think, that 3/5 is too low. I would give it a 3.5/5 up to 4/5, when you compare it to other ratings on the hive. I mean, this map is made very properly and it is a solid jump and run.

In my eyes, the terrain is very basic, the red tiles look ugly, there is no sky and low details on the map(s). But on the other hand, jump and runs are not meant to be eye pleasing.

The important question in a jump and run is the movement mechanics, isn't it? In my eyes, this map is a bit too slow, but the mechanics themselves work quite well. I mean, this is arrow key movement in wc3, so one should not expect too much ...

I think, that stating the maps difficulty as a con is not right, because jump and runs are meant to be difficult. Look at Kaiser Mario on the net, then you see, what you can call too difficult.
@IcemanBo, you could make an easy mode though, where you enlarge players' projectiles and maybe generate a few spots of solid terrain at critical points, especially in the beginning. (and please add a sky and some nice tiles while your on it ;) )

----
So yeah as I said, in my eyes, this map is a 3.5-4.0/5.0 because it is well made and fun for a short time and that's all that counts for mini games.

Thanks. :)

Some things definitly can be optimized, you're right!
I actually just wanted to do a v.2 with totaly new levels and a more proper structure.
Because this one was created with a bit of experimenting and also within the time limit of the contest.

The story for example was just added in the last evening. That's why it is so shitty. :D

Thanks for feedback, maybe I will be motivated once to work on it!