• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mass Avatar Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Over the last few weeks it seems everyone is changing their avatar. Whats up with that? 'Tis the season for avatar changing I guess.

So I was wondering if anyone else noticed and if anyone has a guess to why?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I seldom change my avatar. I went through 5 WC3 and 2 SC2 ones since I joined WC3search (and later merged to here).

There was
rough Archimonde
comic Archimonde
wip Archimonde
spinning Archimonde (had this for years)
communist special Archimonde (this was for a week or so after the event)
rough Dark Voice
HDR Dark Voice (current)

The only possible time I might change my avatars is when HotS is out.

I have noticed avatars going through cycles. There was a duck phase and a pyritie dragon phase a few years ago. Earlier this year is was pony mania.

Level 3
Ok, this is off topic, but I want to eat that chocolate cake on your rep count.

Anyway, on topic. I guess people change it so often because they want different looks. It's like girls and their hair. I was just interested about why is everyone changing at one period.:goblin_wtf:

Level 6
Well I've went through 3.
First one was a normal hive one I think Arthas I dun remember
Then I was my NElf on WoW doing a rude emote
and now finally Beavis and Butthead with Butthead slapping beavis.

Level 23
My one and only, self-animated....

However lately I had this bad nightmares about this avatar getting old and boring and I thought of a new one, but on the other hand, it still has this uber-awesome look and it represents me during the time on this site. So yeah, it's a very hard choice that I take at least 5 hours per day to think about. To change or not to change, that is the question.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
(...)
So I was wondering if anyone else noticed and if anyone has a guess to why?
Do you? If you do, then why? :ogre_hurrhurr:

I change my avatar now and then, every three or four months, sometimes the interval shortens, I don't pay attention. I liked Aldaris with his glows but I grow bored of him. I once switched to that 125x125 animated Mohandar and then back to Aldaris. Now I've got the Archon, because I've recently grown very fond of them. Actually, I've grown very fond of the actor, because the unit sucks considering its cost.
I may be changing to the well-known dancing girl (that people have said is my image of mark) in the near future :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 12
Only had 2 I think. Both fsjal. Both Rick Astely. One was for christmas though. I only had it because there was an explosion in fsjal avatars, and I used to sing Nevar guna giv u up in the chat with Billy the Cat and Tank-Commander.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Not to be like that, but how is this relevant to the site (this section)?

Doesn't seem to discuss/suggest site content, features, files, style, possibilities, or improvements.

I tend to change it whenever
  • I'm bored with the one I'm currently using.
  • I come across a cooler avatar.
  • I'm sexually depressed, provocative, sophisticated, and/or lonely.

Level 17
I change mine a lot.
I have no idea why.
But I just feel like it.

There are no reasons behind my logic,
I just do it.

BECAUSE I CAN.
:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 30
9.16.pony2.jpg

I change my avatar when the pony mania strikes in this site, heck I even begged Pyritie to make my avatar randomize so everytime I past a thread I see a different pony

good times.. :D

Level 3
Well my theory is that one person changed their avatar and then started a chain reaction

Not to be like that, but how is this relevant to the site (this section)?

Doesn't seem to discuss/suggest site content, features, files, style, possibilities, or improvements.
Well it sort of does because the forum avatar is a feature of the site
and people on the site are changing it on the site. site...

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I think I've had this all along? Took the portrait of my Chaos Troll Snakespear skin and slapped the Hive's default avatar border onto it. I usually don't wear avatars, but I needed something deep orange to go along with my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.