• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Marvel War Map... i need some help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
First you will resolve your current issue and then I'll help.

I am relieved to inform you that I have solved the issue of "Rejected models".

However, for the moment I'm not re-uploading the Map ... not for revenge or spite, but because like all the maps on this site I would have liked (when it had been completed) to give credit to all the modelers who've "stolen", some models (Crymson Dynamo-Marauder, Mephisto-Diablo, and some others) completely belong to other authors.
But since most of my models I made 3 years ago the question is pretty messed up ...

I also decided to install Skype (as someone advised me recently and as someone else has done in the past) you can find my Skype name in my profile (is this: francesco.russo19891)

Thanks for attention! :thumbs_up: And contact me if you want to know something else...

Level 5
wrapping Hulk

237702-albums7371-picture84936.jpg

Hello, I thanks everyone for the support... but in this moment I need a help...
I don't very good with "Wrapping" (I recently understand what the meaning of "wapping") and this model "wrapping" is a mess:
Can anyone help me?
Should become a something like this (...I hope):
2lo2m47.jpg

Level 5
Misha suggested me to changing the basic model from OwlBear to Wendingo...
it seems to work better ...

237702-albums7371-picture84945.jpg

What do you think?
Also check out the new models of Ghostrider and Mephisto in my album "Updating Models"

I don't think there is an another method. Since every of Battle.Net server, pvpgn and official have a limit of 8 MB. It is impossible to edit a server that does not belong to you. Since its all about client. Blizzard servers have only official client- that means it is impossible to play on Blizzard's servers with custom client.

My 8 MB Map Size Limit Remover is the only normal option for now.

There is a new normal option now that works better.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...8mb-file-size-limitations-253288/#post2539844

Hope this helps BOMF.
It'll allow for like 50mb or more multiplayer maps unless there is some hidden limit Blizzard set in place that nobody has found.

Supports Local Area Network, Unofficial PvPGN Battle.Net Servers.
So how is this better and faster?

The method I made a tutorial about means you don't have to wait a hour for people to download a 20mb map. Why would anyone even use that?

Not to mention it is more of a hack/cheat then anything on top of that rather slow once u hit 9mb and up.

I really don't see how it is better genin32, it requires more work and wait time then anything so far.

Level 5
There is a new normal option now that works better.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...8mb-file-size-limitations-253288/#post2539844

Hope this helps BOMF.
It'll allow for like 50mb or more multiplayer maps unless there is some hidden limit Blizzard set in place that nobody has found.

I think we're going a little off topic. The problem of the limit is not something urgent, I also will release the first in single-player mode and then later in multi...

For now I preffer discuss about "conceptual" ideas about the project: like story-line, gameplay, ability, ecc...
Probably I'll just make this presentation completely.
But for now I hope it can serve as a "factory of ideas" (please tell me your ideas about anything: heroes, gameplay, story-line, maps, etc... I need many ideas)

I decided to redo the textures of many Heroes (not all) using the faces of the actors who have played or could interpret...
I used Nick Fury for Samuel Lee Jackson and Chris Evan for Captain America...
237702-albums7371-picture84901.jpg

For M'Baku I used (the late :cry:) Michael C. Duncan and Johnny Depp for Doctor Strange
237702-albums7371-picture85265.jpg

Tell me which other actors should I choose for the other heroes (obviously for those heroes without a mask, that in fact there aren't many)...
This is my third post in this section :grin:... no one has answered yet :cry: but I'm stubborn :mwahaha:

In this Thread I will not ask for help (I already did: here) I need only some ideas... any idea.
Any idea on my project you want to share...

Example:
1) I lack ideas for the map of Asgard or the Base Hydra as well as the Final mission/s. Do you have any?
2) I don't sure of some Hero's abilities... like Rhyno, The Thing, Colossus, Juggernaut... they have pratically the same Spells.
3) I don't sure on Mystique and Rogue abilities
... etc... etc...

I hope someone can help me. Any suggestion are welcome, if you have any questions... do them!

Maybe I'll create a group for all those who want to participate in the project, actively or even just ideas...
:wink: :thumbs_up:

Level 10
Well, about Rhino.
In the new Spider-Man movie, Rhino is a huge metal vehicle with modern weaponry. I suggest that he would have skills such as "Multiple Shots", etc.
The Thing maybe could be an expert at throwing objects. Maybe like "Ground Throw" or something. (He can also have other basic skills, like War Stomp. His last skill would be "Clobbering Time" where he jumps in the air and slams the ground, stunning the enemies.)
In the new movie (I'm not a big fan of X-Men, so please excuse me if I lack knowledge of their powers) he can transform back into his normal self. When he does, maybe he can support his allies, by increasing their attack damage, or armor, etc. (I really don't know about him, he's kinda basic)
Juggernaut can be an expert at melee combat. (Basically the opposite of The Thing) He can bash his head at enemies to stun them, etc.
Hope I helped.

Level 15
Rogue ability is to copy another abilities. Its quite hard to make it in warcraft. Well, she has some basic ability, though. I will try to play X-Men Legends 2 to check some of abilities. Maybe I will make the list for all of the X-Men.

BigOneMarvelFan said:
Pharaoh_ you're kidding, right? You know that I joined this site to get help with my models and that so far many have been proposed (Aradar, Myo Sett, Idaero Ace) but none has helped me until now.
LOL, its me

Level 5
Idaero if you write another post so long I'll kill you! :vw_death: I'm kidding of course :ogre_haosis:...
But for skills, and the gameplay (missions, etc ...) I'd rather use this thread:
Marvel Brainstorming (I moved your message there)

In this thread we can talk about the story-line and model, put all together it seems absurd...

PlankingWolf said:
Juggernaut can be an expert at melee combat. (Basically the opposite of The Thing)
Can you explain it better?

PlankingWolf said:
In the new Spider-Man movie, Rhino is a huge metal vehicle with modern weaponry.
I preferrer the "original" Rhino, but If I'll change my mind I already a model to edit (after ask the permission) >>> HeroCryptLord

Idaero Ace said:
Rogue ability is to copy another abilities. Its quite hard to make it in warcraft.
Not so much... :wink:

Idaero Ace said:
Rogue
(...) But she has some basic abilities of her close friend (Colossus)
Where did you get this information? Rogue took Miss Marvel's powers...but as a kid you did not see the X-men's cartoon? :eekani:

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm enjoying a lot to choose the actors, but in the meantime the map remains firm, unfortunately I'm not able to do two things at once, unless someone does not help me in bug fixing and in the translation into English will have to wait a while '... I'm sorry :wink:

Thank for attention! :thumbs_up:

Please continue to tell me what you think of the project!
I need your support to continue!
:xxd:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.