1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Marvel War Map... i need some help :)

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by BigOneMarvelFan, Apr 28, 2014.

1. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should add Carnage!
    Skill 1 - I have no idea what the skill should be named, but maybe something like Entangling Roots made red. (Or basically the whole unit trapped in red stuff)
    Skill 2 - Sharp Edges - Damages the target enemy unit repeatedly with XX damage, each level increasing how many times he hits the unit. (For example, Level 1 - 2 hits, Level 2 - 3 hits, Level 3 - 3 hits)
    Skill 3 - Bloody Jump - Jumps to a target point, each level increases jump range
    Ultimate Skill - Maximum Carnage - Hits different units repeatedly (Basically like Deadpool's ultimate)
    His normal skill would be either Cannibalize or Critical Strike.
    And maybe base his model off the Dreadlord!

2. BigOneMarvelFan

BigOneMarvelFan

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Dreadlord model should be Dr. Octopus, if someone helps me with the animation of mechanical arms:
    [​IMG]

3. Strikest

Strikest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This sounds exciting. I would be glad to help with some of the coding/translating if you want.

4. BigOneMarvelFan

BigOneMarvelFan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm glad to hear it. Send me a Private Message and tell me "What are you willing to do" :ogre_haosis:

5. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Will this be multiplayer because it looks fun.

6. BigOneMarvelFan

BigOneMarvelFan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know maybe I'll make a multiplayer version and one for the campaign. but I've read that the multiplayer maps support only 5 MB and mine is already 19 MB

7. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The normal limit is actually 8 MB and I might do something about that soon. Others already have however those methods aren't useful due to needing a new MPQ or to go to other servers for an edited game.dll.

Let me know when you need help, I will try to help if I can. I might not be able to do much for the next two - three weeks though.

8. Love Seeker

Love Seeker

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    He's true. But you can use Map Size remover but need to install in all players x(

9. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Be patient and another way will be unlocked though all players will still need to do it however almost everyone should know this and how to do it by now for all the awesome stuff it'll bring not to mention able to play on normal Bnet, sorry to say it just like this though a tutorial is coming.

Hope to see more BOMF

10. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't think there is an another method. Since every of Battle.Net server, pvpgn and official have a limit of 8 MB. It is impossible to edit a server that does not belong to you. Since its all about client. Blizzard servers have only official client- that means it is impossible to play on Blizzard's servers with custom client.

My 8 MB Map Size Limit Remover is the only normal option for now.

11. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tashadan's wc2.5 option works well, perhaps using his ideas there would be an idea!

PS - Ok I tried to avoid this thread, I love marvel and I didn't like the idea just be reading the title, but I ended up checking out your models today... I fell In love...
    Where do I sign up? I'd love to test this, work on balance Tweeks, I can also host pretty well if you do decide on trying Bnet Multiplayer options.

12. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    It's sort of ok.

13. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    got any tips, suggestions, pointers, extended comments to explain?

14. BigOneMarvelFan

BigOneMarvelFan

Resources:
    Resources:

BAD NEWS

I reluctantly decided to delete all release of the Tutorial, because all my models are rejected and I have not figured out why :goblin_wtf:

I make a mistake, I "stolen" this textures: ChaosAxeThrower.blp

But I wanted to give credit to XS-Archangel and to Katana (XS are just re-edited the Katana skin same I did with his texture) I just forgot to write it!

At this time the project is suspended pending resolve this misunderstanding, I'm sorry for the inconvenience...

15. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There was also a member pointing you to a project that already has this model (not sure if it's true didn't check). If the model you are uploading is not work of yours, you need to address each artist involved in the creation process. If these artists are active, you need to ask for permission to do so. However, using them in your map does not mean that your map will be rejected - this is completely different.

16. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Son Of A... Grr! that sux. I knew I should of avoided this thread. *cries a lil inside*

17. BigOneMarvelFan

BigOneMarvelFan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pharaoh_ you're kidding, right? You know that I joined this site to get help with my models and that so far many have been proposed (Aradar, Myo Sett, Idaero Ace) but none has helped me until now.

My only mistake was not give credit to XS-Archangel for Wolverine's skin and to Mammoth28 for Venom's texture (This I realy forget) but I upload those model at 3:00 am! They could give me 24 hours to correct these mystakes or we are in a dictatorship?

I hope it is a temporary situation, but if the Staff will confirm their refusal then take up the project and will "benefit" those few who have been able to see my models in the few hours they were public...

Sorry again for the incovenience but I must "protect" my work :zip:

18. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It is understandable. But I gave you the reasons on why it was rejected in the PM. I hope it clears out..

19. BigOneMarvelFan

BigOneMarvelFan

Resources:
    Resources:

Excuse, but I am a bit 'tired of hearing people complain of my models (texture, wrapping, etc ...) I uploaded those models with the sole objective to give more visibility to my project, I do not care that they give me credit, giving credit to those who want to ...
    It seemed to me that many people "rave" about the models, if the Staff does not matter why should it matter to me? My models suck, are bad? So why should I continue with my project? If I am the only one who likes them?

20. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well take every consideration with a positive note, just because someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean EVERYONE doesn't like it. You can't please everyone. Don't give up because a few bad comments.
    Heck I gave some comments too, but i also consider the works one puts into each Model,Skin,Map. Just because it might be too simple to do, doesn't mean it isn't quality work!
    Likewise, just because someone spends hours and hours of work into something, doesn't always mean it is quality as well, just keep all things into perspective when basing your thoughts, and above all else, try to be positive!