• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Market Square

User who uploaded this Presents

Market Square with Random Heroes
Scripts created by normalice
Map by Blizzard Entertainment

Map Info:
Exactly the same as Market Square, except when you train a hero it could be any hero, selected at random.

Features:
Nothing of note. If you are familiar with Market Square, you are familiar with this map. The scripts took a bit of work, which can be found here

Updates:
Scripts updated to address bugs

Screenshots:
N/A

Other work:
Pack

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Market Square (Map)

Reviews
16:00, 13th Mar 2014 Orcnet: An acceptable idea for the melee environment, this additional mod gives you access to random types of heroes when clicking the custom button on your altar.

M

16:00, 13th Mar 2014
Orcnet: An acceptable idea for the melee environment, this additional mod gives you access to random types of heroes when clicking the custom button on your altar.

Level 28
You could have at least put it in one of your melee map or your future melee map. You used one of the blizzard melee map that I don't like.

This is market square but with random heroes - in other words, when you train your heroes they could be any hero of any race, or even tavern heroes. As to that, taverns can be used for resurrection, but not for initial training.

Interesting, you could also just remove the tavern. Reviving heroes outside your base isn't really a good idea since it could make your reviving hero vulnerable or your base if you decided to leave your army on the taverns.

The system if fine, its a nice idea but if you'll not gonna apply it on a custom melee map then just throw this on the spell section, actually that is a better idea.

EDIT:

Awww, scratch what I said about the tavern, reviving heroes using the tavern is instant. I don't know man, this can actually be abused in-game.

Level 13
Tried it, somehow the 1st and 2nd Random Hero icon stacks one another, could you fix the coordinates? that would be great.
194715-albums6441-picture77220.jpg

&
194715-albums6441-picture77221.jpg

actually, the third random hero button is not supposed to show up until the second is trained, and the second is not supposed to show up until the first is trained. It's a bug that the third shows up at the onset: a bug that I fixed, but for some reason forgot to update it here. doing that now... The reason for that is because the first random hero is supposed to be free. Additionally, when you train a 'random hero' you aren't actually training a hero - you're training some 'dummy' unit that is only to be replaced with the scripts by a random hero. But, since the dummy unit doesn't qualify as a hero, there is a default unlimited amount of these dummy units that you could potentially make. So, to prevent people from finding some exploit that allows them 20 heroes, i wrote the scripts to be very very strict about when these dummy units are available for training.

Last edited:
Level 30
Oh alright then, btw there was some buggy issue that came from the forum earlier, much to my surprise it ate your map description, do you have a back up on your notepad or any else?

EDIT: and re-upload the updated one, it kinda ruined it too. :sad:

Level 13
Oh alright then, btw there was some buggy issue that came from the forum earlier, much to my surprise it ate your map description, do you have a back up on your notepad or any else?

EDIT: and re-upload the updated one, it kinda ruined it too. :sad:
that's weird. I didn't have a backup, so I just recreated it.. Fortunately most of the information is in the link.

Level 21
Sorry guys but I don't know why Orcnet approved this map. I mean, what kind of effort was put in this map to be created? The creator simply let the altars train a random hero which is not enough for a map to be approved. Then, I also found out that there is a chance to train two of the same hero e.g two Paladins and that would be a total disaster! Two healers which can turn invulnerable and resurrect 12 units if they cast their ultimates together. Same goes for other heroes.
But even if this issue is fixed, the map can't still be approved for a too simple idea and few effort in the map. I vote for rejection.

Level 13
i put it here as an example map for a tutorial i made ( http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/random-heroes-melee-games-244578/ ). I didn't know where else to put it.. I guess it serves just as well if it is in 'rejected' status as anything else, though.. so w/e.

also, fyi, two mountain kings seems to be a bigger deal than two of anything else, at least in my experience. But there have been a few discussions on it ( http://playffa.net/topic/10335058/1/ , http://ffamasters.net/index.php?topic=1520.0 )..

Level 29