• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

12 Player Market Square

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
12 Player Market Square

Description: As the city becomes increasingly crowded, its inhabitants are forced ever closer together. It can no longer support everyone. Take what resources are left and purge the city of all those who oppose your rise to power!

The original 8 player map by Blizzard has been modified to fit 12 players. This is a small map for the number of players and thus crowded, like city centres usually are. A map for those who enjoy being aggressive early on.

Suggested teams: 3v3v3v3 or FFA

Changes compared to the original map:
  • repurposed 4 gold mines for the 4 extra player starting positions
  • modified the player starting positions and ally priorities so that teams of 3 would be together in each corner
  • rotated and altered the terrain around the repurposed gold mines to make it more sheltered and have a choke point at the entrance like the other players' naturals
  • changed the initial gold amount in the repurposed gold mines to match the other mines at each player's natural
  • changed the amount of wood at the repurposed gold mines to match the amount of wood at each player's natural
  • added a extra expansion points with a gold mine and wood
  • added 4 extra orange creep camps and 8 extra green creep camps to meet the increased demand for creeping
  • added a few critters (there were none on the map before)

Any questions or suggestions for improvements are welcome.

Update: Fixed item drops for additional green creep camps
Previews
Contents

12 Player Market Square (Map)

Reviews
The Panda
Only thing with this is the inner players have less trees and are more prone too a air attack or siege from behind the middle area which would really be annoying. Also, you can only play 3v3v3v3 nothing else.
twojstaryjakcie
There's obviously minimum effort put into the creation or rather, edit of this map. While I understand that some people would like to download this, this is clearly substandard material.
Level 2
Only thing with this is the inner players have less trees and are more prone too a air attack or siege from behind the middle area which would really be annoying. Also, you can only play 3v3v3v3 nothing else.

Thank you for the feedback.
I deliberately counted the trees when I made the modifications to ensure I placed the correct number. Each starting position has 150 of them at every starting position.
The air/siege thing is unfortunately right, but not something I can change unless I add air pathing blockers (a very crude solution IMO). For now, those positions are simply slightly more vulnerable.
And finally, yes the map is basically exclusively for 3v3v3v3. I originally mage it to play on lan with two of my mates so that was kind of the plan. I just ended-up uploading it here so that others could use it if they wanted to.