• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maps that need clear objectives and tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
It is necessary .
It is like handling a cellphone without even
knowing its capabilities.
Might as well throw it
if it doesnt have its full features.

You should post feedback for that particular map. I agree, it is very frustrating and unprofessional when a map leaves you clueless. Fortunately, not all maps are like that.

That is a map-specific issue, though. Some are intuitive, some have proper instructions, some are just unintuitive. When you encounter a map like that, make a post so that the author knows (so he can update it). I'm sure they will value your opinion. :) A lot of map-makers will just assume the users know how to play (which is not really a good habit), especially for AoS's.

Level 3
IMO, it's just like any other game, you need to figure out things by yourself... but of course like those games, the maker should at least give the basics... but anything that is not basic is for the player to know...

Yup. i forgot to mention that part.
Thanks. Will do.

Will support map-specific problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
Good job man, you just double posted successfully for no reason.
Perhaps its because you joined in April 2012 and until now you made 7 posts overall, and way how do you write shows that you aren't as much active here and do not know how communications in posts work very well.

About that problem, yes, as map moderator in past I have seen much maps without proper (if any) description, so you have to dream how to play map.

Level 3
I forgot to use search. Sorry. :)

The problem is that the current user expectations of a good description is one that's flashy and sell hard, even if it doesn't tell you anything useful about the map.

I do not find the sentences
a simple structure. lol

Maybe Hive could provide
basic english lessons ? . . .

I do not find the sentences
a simple structure. lol

Maybe Hive could provide
basic english lessons ? . . .

I mean,
their description
and map introduction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 32
I guess the common way to enforce it (How I do it) is to give links with map submission rules and general (recourse) rules. I staple it to all my reviews instead of telling them to use a description generator if you have a problem like Kino. The map rules also have links to BBcode and generators.

Status
Not open for further replies.