• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

An idea to beef-up the tutorials section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I mention awhile back that some people should form some sort of a group and sift through old posts and take information of whole posts, meaning all info being within, and copy it to the tutorials. Well i think it would be easier to simply give a tutorial it's title and then give links to all the pages where the specific issue has been covered.

Again, my reasoning, it reduces same threads and questions, makes navigation easier, the organization actually promotes self-investigation and there won't be anyone copying tons of shizzle from old posts to create tutorials like my original idea suggested.

I notice people requestion info as if this is the only WC3 modding site, where i've seen such issues covered in other sites.

And to make it even easier, make it understood that only links are allowed to be posted, unless the person has gone to every link and couldn't find an answer they were looking for, or have discovered something new after looking through them. That way, anybody could add a link to the "tutorial".

Having 3rd-party links would actually generate more buzz, mind the pun, to the hive if people knew they could easily access all the information to the resources they desire.. Because they contain links to all other pages it would act as a meta-search. As far as i know, not one WC3 modding sites contains such a feature, of links to all features in and out of their mother site, or containing all given how-to's, in professional form or not.

I do a lot of searching and i find threads from years ago that help me, that i would like to reply to but can't, that may help others, etc. And i wouldn't mind copying the link and pasting it in a designated tutorial-like forum to help others get to that info.

It would be the only place in any WC3 modding site where you don't have to know how do to anything to submit a resource! It would increase the sense of community, knowing you can be a part of contributing if even in this way. Like i mentioned, i personally don't know how to make spells but if i came accross a thread, anywhere, where some info about it were available, i could help by promoting that source and resource.

Then, every once in awhile, a moderator could copy all of the links to a text-pad and paste them to the first post.

I can't believe i'm trying to make this sound like a sales-pitch. I come up with good ideas and only fools would deny their usefulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.