• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tutorial Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
The lack of moderation in the tutorial section really is beginning to bother me. I submitted a tutorial 4 months ago and it still hasn't been even reviewed.

Since this is a game modding site that is supposedly friendly to new users, it's somewhat ironic that the tutorials section is the least moderated of all of the resources. I suggest you quit bothering with models and maps for a moment and appoint at least one tutorial moderator.

Level 14
ragingspeedhorn said:
It's really weak that the current staff can't use 5 minutes each just once a week to take a look at the kinds of tutorials in their fields. It doesn't take all that long to read each and approve/dissapprove with a comment on what to do to improve it or graveyard it.
You would be surprised how difficult it is to provide adequate feedback sufficient that the tutorial actually improves from it, though. Take it from experience, it's not an easy job and the five minutes you allot really is only good enough to read the things, not even properly comment on them.

Level 14
That still depends on both the length of and the relative difficulty of the tutorial's material. Programming tutorials, for instance, can be very time-consuming to read over once. Then the user fixes the problems and you have to go over it again to make sure that it's okay for approval or needs more fixes. It's a painful process, honestly.

Level 36
My point is that hardly any are getting looked at, and there are hardly any programming tutorials there. Most of them are GUI or terrain tutorials with the odd misc or texturing tutorial here and there.

It doesn't even matter how long it takes if they aren't even being touched by moderators.

Level 14
I'm not disagreeing with you, all I am recommending is that you do not underestimate the difficulty that is carried with being a 'good' tutorial moderator.

Level 36
You would be surprised how difficult it is to provide adequate feedback sufficient that the tutorial actually improves from it, though. Take it from experience, it's not an easy job and the five minutes you allot really is only good enough to read the things, not even properly comment on them.

You seem to be missing the point. They aren't getting touched at all. It's not like it's taking a long time, they just aren't being looked at.

Level 14
Dude, I know that. I was just making the point that it's not as easy as raging was claiming it was (As was obvious from the fact I was quoting him). Please, read what I type. I even agreed with you in a later post for crying out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.