• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maps not appearing in my list...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I've downloaded about twelve maps from here, mostly single player maps, and after I've placed them in the "Map" folder under my "Warcraft III" folder, I can't find the majority of them listed when I have Frozen Throne loaded up. Might this have something to do with the patch installed? I have 1.24 which, I believe, is the most up to date. Some of these look really fun and I'd love to be able to play them. Thanks in advance for any help! :grin:

Level 2
This didn't work. I went under the "Frozen Throne" folder under maps and started a new folder, placed the maps there, and when I brought up that folder in the Custom Game mode, the list was empty. :confused: What could I quite possibly be doing wrong? The only maps from this site that I've successfully had show up are Diablo III and a few Tower Defense maps.

Level 2
The reason is because of the length of the directory/filename. Move the maps to a less complex directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\" instead of "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\Frozen Throne\Scenario\").

Thats where I had the maps originally to no avail. Some of the maps were campaign, so that explains that problem, but a lot of them are .w3x files too, so I don't understand the problem there. BTW, I really appreciate you guys taking time to help me here.

Level 24
Like scorpion said, if the directory/filename is too long it won't appear. So chances are the filename of your map is too long. Make sure that the maps are in the Warcraft III\Maps\ Directory, like scorpion said, and then try renaming the map file names to make them as short as possible.

Level 18
its not the entire directory name, its just the name of the map.

for instance :

if the map is called " The Legend of The Lost Arck of Noah. " : This name is too long for the frozen throne game to identify, so it doesnt appear in game.

If the name is shortened to : " TLotLAoN " then it should appear in the map directory. Simply just change the name of the map. It should work.

Level 2
its not the entire directory name, its just the name of the map.

for instance :

if the map is called " The Legend of The Lost Arck of Noah. " : This name is too long for the frozen throne game to identify, so it doesnt appear in game.

If the name is shortened to : " TLotLAoN " then it should appear in the map directory. Simply just change the name of the map. It should work.

This worked~!~! Woohoo! Thanks everyone. :grin::grin::grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.