• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion Map Patches?

Should Hiveworkshop new maps have a "Patch Needed To Work" catagorie

• Yes - I think it is a brilliant idea

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No - It is not needed

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I know I am nothing special or anything and do not create maps but occasionally if I see a good map I will download it.

But recently Blizzard released a 1.24 patch for warcraft and as my battle net does not work I haven't gotten around to downloading the 1.24patch.

As well most of the old maps do not work in 1.24 patch. So, I was thinking why can't Hiveworkshop fix this?

Because I hate downloading a really good looking map and then open warcraft frozen throne and realizing darn I can't play this I don't have the right patch.

So, I was thinking Hiveworkshop could somehow include "Works with patch:" In the list.

For example:

Uploaded:
Last Updated:
Type:
Category
Map Size:
Playable Map Size:
WORKS WITH PATCH: All
Suggested Players:
Tileset:
Rating by users:
Hits: 1944

If the map worked with patches 1.17-1.23 you would type "1.17-1.23" and if it worked with all patches then you would type "all" and if it worked only with 1.24 then you would type "1.24" etc.

This would be very helpful for the few thousand people that do not have the 1.24 patch and don't want to waste their download limit by downloading a map they can not even play.

Overall, I hope you like my idea and implement it.
Thanks,
Ke

Level 3
Well, we are intending to remove maps which are now broken, but seeing as we don't have an easy way of going through them all we rely on users to report ones they find.

So are you removing all maps that do not work with the 1.24 patch? if so then you will be out of business because not everyone has the 1.24patch.

That is why i was saying that there should be a way that they have to tell us what patch version the map works with when they upload it.

Deleting all maps that don't work with 1.24 patch is not an option and will result in a lot of angry people, including me.

Not everyone has the 1.24 patch and you can not just accommodate for the people that do.

Thanks,
Ke

Last edited:
Level 3
We aren't removing them, but rejecting them, so once the author has completed a version that is compatible with 1.24, the map may be reset to approved and the author may upload the new version of their map.

So if a map only works on 1.24 patch you are rejecting them?

OR are you rejecting maps that don't work with 1.24patch?

I'm confused :wconfused:

Level 3
well right now maps that work with 1.24 patch don't work with other patches.

So you are going to loose a lot of people by only have maps that work with 1 patch.

Level 11
As most maps on The Hive Workshop are intened for multiplayer purpose, it would not make sense to host outdated maps. Also, the new 1.24.1 patch fixes the return bug, which allows people to run programs from a warcraft map, and adds hashtables to JASS and GUI, which are extremly useful in spell and mapmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.