• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Map not appearing in folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've noticed that i can't find the more recent maps i've made in the folder i saved them in. I can find and open them through the editor's open ability, but when i am using the normal windows explorer, they're nowhere to be found. I've tried dragging the maps from the editor's open screen to my desktop only to have an error message telling me that the file doesn't exist, though it does. Any solution?

Thanks in advance.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
If you can open/load them with the editor, just save them somewhere else.

Maps now usually reside under C:\(operating system disk)users\username\documents\Warcraft III\Maps

If not, try in the AppData folders after enabling the viewing of hidden files.

Level 4
I've tried saving somewhere else, still the same. Also, my viewing of hidden files is enabled by default and i can't save the map in AppData.

Level 4
When i ran the world editor as administrator i could only see the maps visible in the folder. I almost got a heart attack but i saw them again when i ran world editor without admin. Also, the same issue happened with models and textures that i've extracted using he warcraft 3 viewer. And yes, i did used my computer's search (win10 search engine is pretty bad) and it didn't find it either. This issue might have to do with win10 users profiles but i am no expert so i am not sure what's really going on here.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Would be a bit more helpful if we could see some screenshots, I guess.
It's a weird thing that's happening.

What game/editor version are you using?
Anything new you did/install/change?

Clearly if you can access the maps via the editor, they are there somewhere. Does the editor browser not show a path?

Level 4
maps not showing up.png
As seen here, the 4 maps marked in red show up in the editor's open window. At the same time, they are missing from the exact same folder opened by windows explorer. I doubt it has to do with the versions since "RTS_Game_Practice.w3x" was moved from my brother's pc to my pc, and it was perfectly visible in both. I am not sure when, but it suddenly disappeared from windows explorer, while the reimcraft maps were never visible in the windows explorer in the first place. I've noticed that it's happening with maps that i've modified in july, and no, it doesn't have to do with the alphabetical order, as i've tried saving it with a different name and it still didn't appear in the windows explorer. Also, i don't recall downloading or installing anything new around the time the problems started, leaving a win10 update the most likely culprit but i am not sure...

Level 4
Ahh might've finally solved it. I tried saving the map on a USB flash drive but it didn't let me. So i saved it with a different name and it worked. The map appears there. Thank you for your support anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.