• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

--> Map Idea, Help! <--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello everyone,

Ever since my poor old project got corrupted I have been looking for inspiration or a map to make, but I found nothing. So I've come to you, the great peeps of the hive to help me out ! I'm looking to make a strategy based game, where CP's (control points) give income, possibly you might have to chop wood, and it can be either spawn or build, I don't mind to much (although spawn is easier to make). It should be based in the Warcraft universe within the wc3 - wow period. Any good ideas will get +rep !

Level 19
How about Warcraft City Builder. The plot is like this:
- You start off as a small town. You grow crops, make shops or maketplaces and others to make your town be known after your town is known, it will become a city. When you have a city you can start making armies, do war-related stuff and raid/attack other players cities or AI cities or towns. After the city it becomes a kingdom enabling more features, then an empire with greater features to a country enabling even greater features, then a world or a continent with all features enabled.

Level 7
Had an idea a while ago that i'm not going to bother putting into action, so i'll just share it.

It was 4v4v4; with 5 "nodes" or farms. The farms had a populace controllable by one group. The bigger the populace, the bigger the output (in the form of a vehicle that actually had to travel from the farm to the team's base).

Another team were bandits that could simply intercept the vehicle and steal the gold that the other team would otherwise obtain.

The final team were necromancers that slowly killed off the populace in order to create permeanent skeletons and other interesting creatures.

Point being is that the resource were human units and winning the game centered around mastering control of them.

Level 8
Well it's a really good idea, but a bit difficult for one person to arrange :/ I like the idea of starting off as a small village/town and growing into a huge kingdom, it kinda reminds me of that middle earth game. +Rep for idea, any more ideas are also appreciated.

Edit: You posted after I posted, this idea is a more of a team, survival game then a strategy. I like necromancer idea but I'm looking for a more warcraft based game involving lore and stuff like that.

Level 23
Well if always wanted to make a map titled the People's Millitia.

Its a team survival map that relies on a melee style gameplay. Ie. you need a mix of units/heroes and buildings to survive.

The story is set in the Lordaeron during the RoC Undead Campaign, you take the role of a minor human commander attempting to fight off the undead while helping citizens to escape south.

The whole map layout should be very naturalistic with farms, rivers etc.

Level 8
ima share an idea of mine (working on my own map too).. how about this: you start of with a single hero, then as you progress through the story, you meet new hero characters along the way, but you can control only 4 heroes at a time, when you acquire more than 4 heroes they get stored in a tavern wherein you could manage and change your team from time to time to meet the next plot's needs:) different heroes react differently to situations (Ex: human heroes might be hesitant on a horde-benefiting mission), leading you to a branching story line which would cause the game's story to have different endings. Hope this helps. :)

i suggest Thrall or Varian to be the initial character..

Level 9
They have magic,dont forget.That would be one close battle.
Set the year some 25 years from now and put the earth nations at war so it will be more difficult to win.
And isnt the legion allied with scourge?

Status
Not open for further replies.