• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] Ideas for a TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So i'm looking into making a TD map and i was wondering if any of you have any ideas for a map? Theme, location, creeps to use, worlds? Anything that could get me an idea of where to get started would be much appreciated.

I was maybe looking into taking some inspirations from the popular Element TD and try to make something quite my own out of it but in no way shape or form am i going to copy it. Regardless anything would help really!

Thanks in advance.
Fred~

Level 6
I thought ones about a pvp tower defence you have a terrain like in mineralz or ant simulator the underground and you spawn waves who get damaged by consuming the rocks creating a path to the enemy base there arrived they have to steal gems and bring them back to your base.
The player controlls a builder who can also destroy rocks to create alternatives paths the waves will follow(a bit like a maze tower defence) and of course build and upgread towers to stop the enemy waves to steal your gems in the later game...
So there a two phases building the paths you and the enemy waves will follow and in the second half protecting your base.
You can add spezial rocks who gives you alternative ressources for special upgreads or tower and you could think about an upread system for your waves aswell.
Also neutral enemies stuck between the rocks who attack the closest base...
There could be much more but I think this is enough to get the point;)

Good luck.
Can't wait to play another good td :D

Level 2
I thought ones about a pvp tower defence you have a terrain like in mineralz or ant simulator the underground and you spawn waves who get damaged by consuming the rocks creating a path to the enemy base there arrived they have to steal gems and bring them back to your base.
The player controlls a builder who can also destroy rocks to create alternatives paths the waves will follow(a bit like a maze tower defence) and of course build and upgread towers to stop the enemy waves to steal your gems in the later game...
So there a two phases building the paths you and the enemy waves will follow and in the second half protecting your base.
You can add spezial rocks who gives you alternative ressources for special upgreads or tower and you could think about an upread system for your waves aswell.
Also neutral enemies stuck between the rocks who attack the closest base...
There could be much more but I think this is enough to get the point;)

Good luck.
Can't wait to play another good td :D

Thanks for the reply ill do my best! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.