• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Ability/Tower Ideas for TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ever wanted to see a certain ability in a TD? This is the chance for your dreams to come true! We have a more than qualified JASS coder on the team, so if you can think it up, chances are he can code it. Do feel free to take ideas from other games (like DotA) if you want, as long as they make sense within a TD. Abilities can be of any type (slow, disable, damage, special effect etc.).

The map in question is Element TD 4.0. Looking forward to ideas and suggestions.

Level 2
If you make such a powerful ability it is good also to stop every missile entering the sphere. Hard?

I have another idea. On the first map I've sent you (Odissea_v4.05), there is a battle spell that works more powerfully if there are more enemies at its area. The spell is called Avalanche, but it is not a frost ability, but lightning. This spell is chain and forked at one time. The idea:
Launches an electric bolt to the targeted enemy unit. The bolt deals N damage and divides into two same bolts that aim two other enemies, and so on. Can divide up to 4 times, generating damage 1+2+4+8+16=31 times. If launch at one, it will simply damage it one time. If there are 2 enemies, it will work chainly, damaging one. than another, than the first one etc. But if there are at least three enemy units, each of them receives the damage appr. 10 times. Cool? Of course, it is made with dummy units, but I also create a trigger for each time the damage is dealt. In your manual, I've seen chain mana burn - there, the trigger waited for a buff to affect the unit; I simply create a trigger that has an event like "Unit takes damage". It waits until the missile (dummy missile is made of Shadow Strike with 0 initial damage) affects the target! The only vision of the effect impresses. I think that there would be also other spells that work better on bigger number of targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.